Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel Framebuffer patching using WhateverGreen

If you're using Lilu + AppleALC you can use Intel FB-Patcher to patch your audio (General->Audio tab). Then set your Layout Id to 13 in the drop down list and put a tick next to Patch->General->Audio.

Thanks. FB-Patcher did give me the patch to enable speaker audio with layout Id 13. Speaker audio works. But, booting up connected directly to my Onkyo receiver, the HDMI audio device did not appear in sound preferences. I think more injection is needed than just the layout Id for the HDMI audio device to appear.

layout-id.png

Also hotplugging the DisplayPort and HDMI connectors does not work. They have to be connected at boot to be recognized.

Thanks so much for the guide! I upgraded from High Sierra to Mojave yesterday (Asus Z170i / i3 6100 / HD 530) and I'm trying to get my DisplayPort working again (no signal after boot) as well as HDMI/DP audio. Its been a little while since I updated my hack, so I apologize in advance for the potential stupidity of my questions :)

Before upgrading to Mojave, I updated Lilu and switched from using IntelGraphicsFixup to WEG. I removed inject Intel as well as the ig-platform-id= from Graphics.

HDMI is currently working in Mojave (though without HDMI audio) and acceleration appears to be enabled as well. Intel HD 530 seems to be showing ok in About This Mac.

AboutThisMac.jpg

Using Intel FB Patcher, I matched the Platform ID to my system, left the default Framebuffer and Connectors flags and used the following options on the Patch tab;

FBPatcher.jpg

As the system config has changed a few times over the years (used to have a GTX 1060, then switched to HD 530) I see that I still have a few items in the KextsToPatch section of my config, specifically:
  • t2-10.11.4-SKL-1912000-Port_0x7-DP2HDM
  • 2-10.11.4-SKL-1912000-4_displays
  • Skylake Apple APIC Patch
  • 10.11-BT4LE-Handoff-Hotspot-lisai9093
  • Change 15 port limit to 24 in XHCI kext 10.13 PB1
  • 10.11-SKL-1912000-4_displays
Can all of those be removed now that I'm using WEG?

And any ideas how I can get DisplayPort working again?

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can provide!!

Edited: sorry. Problem solved.
VGA cable connected to a second monitor :|

Last edited:
Will it help you with your app to have the platform list right in ioreg?

I have pretty much implemented support for this in Intel FB-Patcher so just waiting for your merge with master...

I do not keep up with the official releases. Personally I use my build_lilu.sh script to download and compile the latest.
Unfortunately it currently fails... Any idea?
Code:
** BUILD FAILED **

The following build commands failed:
    CompileC /Users/ed/Projects/Lilu-18-Oct-4/AppleALC/build/AppleALC.build/Debug/AppleALC.build/Objects-normal/x86_64/kern_resources.o /Users/ed/Projects/Lilu-18-Oct-4/AppleALC/AppleALC/kern_resources.cpp normal x86_64 c++ com.apple.compilers.llvm.clang.1_0.compiler
(1 failure)
Build settings from command line:
    ARCHS = x86_64
    CONFIGURATION_BUILD_DIR = ../Debug
    ONLY_ACTIVE_ARCH = YES

I have Asus b360i motherboard with i5 8600. I always encounter No signal on my Monitor after apple logo.. attached is my EFI when I'm at High Sierra

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    19.5 MB · Views: 116
I have a working Dell XPS 9333 using WhateverGreen, yesterday I plugged in my external screen via mini DP to HDMI, and all was good, worked fine. Today I plugged in the same screen via the same adapter and got nothing, not working at all, I have tried reboot with and without 2nd monitor connected, but still not working. Confused about why it stopped working, and would like to get it working again. Any assistance would be grateful. Debug logs attached, thanks.

Attachments

• debug_13343.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 82
Unfortunately it currently fails... Any idea?

It only seems to be AppleALC that fails but if you run the script again it appears to create the binary okay.

Just as a follow-up, I removed all of the items in the KextsToPatch section one by one, and the system seems to be the same so it appears they weren't needed yet.

Still trying to figure out how to get DP to work, any advice is appreciated!

Back