Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel Framebuffer patching using WhateverGreen

Do I need this stuff for my Hackintosh?

Im running i7 4770k, Asus Maximus vi Extreme, GTX 780 and corsair RAM dominator platinum 4x4 16GB @1600MHz DDR3

MacOS Mojave 10.14 direct update from appstore, was on 10.13.6

and everything seems fine so far

I am using this patcher. This is how I made it work in the first place. However, it boots for 2-3 minutes and then reboots the system. I feel like my patcher is not generating the code correctly. Can someone generates and post the code by the patcher for Skylake 0x191B0000 with Stolen: 34 MB, FBMem: 21 MB, VRAM 1536, with DVMTpre-alloc 32 MB. Thank you.

Do I need this stuff for my Hackintosh?

Im running i7 4770k, Asus Maximus vi Extreme, GTX 780 and corsair RAM dominator platinum 4x4 16GB @1600MHz DDR3

MacOS Mojave 10.14 direct update from appstore, was on 10.13.6

and everything seems fine so far
If I remember correctly, Kepler and Maxwell 700-series Nvidia cards have native support and do not need Whatevergreen or Web Drivers. The last generation of Nvidia cards that does, actually, as real Macs switched to AMD around that time.

The code are not for you.Please look at it carefully!

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
    <key>Devices</key>
    <dict>
        <key>Properties</key>
        <dict>
            <key>PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0)</key>
            <dict>
                <key>AAPL,ig-platform-id</key>
                <data>
                CwASBA==
                </data>
                <key>framebuffer-patch-enable</key>
                <data>
                AQAAAA==
                </data>
            </dict>
        </dict>
    </dict>
</dict>
</plist>

this is right?

I'm trying to install Mojave on a B360 motherboard with i3-8100.
I tried a few different configs. The installer has a frame buffer issue.
I'm unable to reach the language selection, basically when the installer tries to load the driver the monitor goes into black in stand by. these B360 motherboards has always been a pain. In 10.13 they needed 3 KextToPatch to be able to use iGPU.

Is this the place to try and fix this iGPU issue?
Any help is welcome.
Thanks.

UPDATE:
I thought there were new frame buffers available. The moment I set ig-platform-id to 59120000 the installer loaded and I was able to complete the installation.
Now, though, I'm unable to get acceleration on this B360N WiFi motherboard with i3-8100.
I get 31MB Video memory. I also tried setting the same frame buffers in Clover/Device/Attribute but still the same 31MB video memory and no acceleration.

Last edited:
Hi to anyone!
I'm trying to up HD4400 on my Laptop, but can't get full working video, only Intel HD Graphic 4000 7mb and many glitches at booting.
Now i have in my config.plist lines:
AAPL,ig-platform-id 0300220D
disable-internal-gpu 01000000
framebuffer-cursormem 00009000
framebuffer-patch-enable 01000000
framebuffer-stolenmem 00003001

And video still not working property(

I'm not talking about Mojave at all.

I'm on 10.13.6. I'm interested on making this crappy GPU work decently.

I'm not talking about Mojave at all.

I'm on 10.13.6. I'm interested on making this crappy GPU work decently.
Then your post is off-topic - This is Mojave Desktop Support.

Hello folks and sorry for my english. Im quite new to hackintoshes and especially to the intel framebuffers.
I managed to install 10.14 via usb that gives me graphics but no acceleration and still run into an issue with my i3-8100 with UHD 630 graphics on a Gigabyte H370M.
Booting from hd and before loading the desktop my screen goes black when using HDMI or DP. I can connect remotely and get full acceleration though.
I got the latest bios, clover, lilu and weg and set everything in info.plist according to the guide. Also tried different platform-ids for coffeelake and patched the connector types under Devices/Properties but still no luck. Has anyone already a similar working setup?

I have tried everything I can think of to get my 3e92 Intel UHD 630 card to show up when using the patching methods in this thread. My card has two HDMI ports and one VGA (which works accelerated). In ioreg my HDMI devices always show as disabled with AAPL,DisplayPipe FF 00 00 00. AAPL,boot-device does get flagged properly on all three ports

Currently I have using 0x3e9b0007 as other devices KP.

When I override lg-platform-id with 0x59120000 and disable web I can get HDMI output without acceration.

Any suggestions on what I should do next?

Martin

Back