Register

[Guide] Intel Framebuffer patching using WhateverGreen

Motherboard
Gigabyte Aero 15X v8-BK4K4P
CPU
i7-8750H
Graphics
UHD 630 / GTX 1070

English: https://github.com/acidanthera/WhateverGreen/blob/master/Manual/FAQ.IntelHD.en.md

Last edited:
EDIT.. thanks to vit9696

Last edited:
how can I get liludebug.kext I compiled succeeded lilu.kext but I cannot get liludebug.kext into the lilu-master. only got release version shall I download debug version separately?

EDIT1. thanks to vit9696. got it

Last edited:
Lilu + WhateverGreen
WhateverGreen is going to replace all the other video patching plugins for Lilu (it currently has merged WhateverGreen, IntelGraphicsFixup, NvidiaGraphicsFixup, Shiki and CoreDisplayFixup). Others will likely follow (such as AppleALC, HibernationFixup and IntelGraphicsDVMTFixup). This is aiming to be the all-in-one solution for video.

This makes me sad because Watevergreen or another program causes hard freezes when Whatevergreen is installed. I use Vegafixup on my main rig and I do not get the hard freezes, maybe it has to do with the HDMI/DP Audio aspect of whatevergreen. Hopefully it does not cause my Nvida/Kabby hack to start having hard freezes once they are all combined!

Should this apply for laptops as well ?

Hi headkaze this patch didn't work my systdm
I installed mojave beta 1 installation fine but post installation i install latest whatevergreen 1.2.0+lilu 1.2.5 and other kext reboot didn't work kernel panic
I removed integraphicfix coredisplayfixup and shiki no luck

Hi headkaze this patch didn't work my systdm
I installed mojave beta 1 installation fine but post installation i install latest whatevergreen 1.2.0+lilu 1.2.5 and other kext reboot didn't work kernel panic
I removed integraphicfix coredisplayfixup and shiki no luck

Keep in mind you must configure the kext patches correctly.
Contrary to post #1, I would use config.plist/Devices/AddProperties to set the required properties that drive the patching.

Back