Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel Framebuffer patching using WhateverGreen

so I've read the guide and did everything it says and if use kextPatch from your default configs HDMI video output works, but not the audio, I mentioned that in the guide post here

There are multiple ways to patch for audio but if you're using Lilu + AppleALC you inject your audio device-id in a similar way you inject your graphics info. Set config.plist/Devices/Audio/Inject=NO.

Get your sound device entry like so:
Code:
$ ./gfxutil -f HDEF
DevicePath = PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1f,0x3)

Then your config.plist/Devices/Properties entry will look something like this:
Code:
    <key>Devices</key>
    <dict>
        <key>Properties</key>
        <dict>
            <key>PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1f,0x3)</key>
            <dict>
                <key>layout-id</key>
                <data>AwAAAA==</data>
            </dict>
        </dict>
    </dict>

Note that Mojave has removed a bunch of layout id's (my audio isn't working at the moment either fixed with SKL Spoof). It looks like you've already patched your connector type to HDMI and removed unused ports. Apart from setting the correct layout-id that's about all you should need to do.

NOTE: Intel FB-Patcher 1.3.0 can now do audio patching.

so I'm wondering what am I doing wrong?

You might not be doing anything wrong. Since we're running beta software, and Lilu and its plugins are being updated almost daily right now, we must expect that there are going to be issues. I have my fair share of problems with my own machine (no audio and 5 minutes of black screen on boot).

While I did help write the framebuffer patching code for WhateverGreen there are several other authors who are doing far more work on this (ie. vit9696, vandroiy2013 and others). And it's changing all the time. In many ways I'm in the same boat hoping that as more issues are resolved that at some point my problems will be addressed too.

I will try to answer questions as best I can but I can't go through individual configs to check they're done right. Moreover I simply am not that experienced with Clover, WhateverGreen and hackintoshing in general. Hopefully as more people get experience with these new patching methods more people can help provide support.

So my advice is if you've followed the guide correctly then just keep updating macOS, Lilu (and it's plugins) and Clover. Hopefully the situation will improve as more issues are ironed out.

Last edited:
im using whatevergreen kext. so do i need to do this guide?

please help
i have i5 6400 with hd530
monitor has displayport and hdmi
power on with displayport - no signal
power on with hdmi - works
i generated "AppleIntelFramebuffer_8_18.0" with whatevergreen.kext
out patch looks:
AAPL,ig-platform-id 00001219
device-id 12190000

FBPatcher connector info
1.png

how i can use displayport?

Hi @headkaze,
What would be the patches necessary to completely disable ports @1 and @2 on my Kaby Lake framebuffer kext?
My ig-platform-id is 0x591b0000.

Thanks.

Hi @headkaze,
What would be the patches necessary to completely disable ports @1 and @2 on my Kaby Lake framebuffer kext?
My ig-platform-id is 0x591b0000.

Thanks.
Does changing port/pipe count to 1 automatically disable the connectors 1 & 2? Or I have to patch each connector too?

Does changing port/pipe count to 1 automatically disable the connectors 1 & 2? Or I have to patch each connector too?

Check out the latest version of Intel FB-Patcher as it now has some advanced auto patching including "FB Port Count" which will generate the correct patch for you.

Check out the latest version of Intel FB-Patcher as it now has some advanced auto patching including "FB Port Count" which will generate the correct patch for you.
I set FB Port Limit to 1 but it doesn't seem to have generated the correct properties.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-08-14 at 4.04.11 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-08-14 at 4.04.11 PM.png
    77.9 KB · Views: 648
I set FB Port Limit to 1 but it doesn't seem to have generated the correct properties.

You should be using the Devices / Properties patching. You also need to put a tick next to "FB Port Limit". You can now also File->Export->Clover config.plist. Make sure you back it up first.

I'm on 10.13.6 with my desktop i6300 iMac17,1.

I'm using IntelGraphicsFixup with a Clover KextsToPatch.

How do I apply this KextToPatch with WhateverGreen?

AppleIntelSKLGraphicsFramebuffer.png

Attachments

• PortCount.png
    PortCount.png
    246.1 KB · Views: 516
Last edited:
Back