Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel Framebuffer patching using WhateverGreen

Is "root of your boot drive" not clear enough? Are you using a debug build of WhateverGreen?
I'm having the same issue as well. I'm certain I'm using debug versions of both Lilu and WhateverGreen.

I'm having the same issue as well. I'm certain I'm using debug versions of both Lilu and WhateverGreen.
Thats what im talking about too,
I have even verified if the file is hidden, but no, its not hidden either.

Update: Booting with -wegdbg reveals that "dumping framebuffer information to /AppleIntelFramebuffer_10_17.7". This only happens however when booting with a legitimate platform-id, which I am unable to do because directly after I get a KP related to CFL graphics, which is why I wan't to patch the framebuffer in the first place

Update: Booting with -wegdbg reveals that "dumping framebuffer information to /AppleIntelFramebuffer_10_17.7". This only happens however when booting with a legitimate platform-id, which I am unable to do because directly after I get a KP related to CFL graphics, which is why I wan't to patch the framebuffer in the first place

Make sure you have the latest Lilu + WhateverGreen (with latter compiled against latest Lilu). Try adding -v debug=0x100 keepsyms=1 boot args so you can take a photo of the KP and post it here.

Hey folks,
Does somebody have compiled version of debugged Whatevergreen kext combined with latest Lilu? It would be grateful if we all have it. Please upload.
Thanks a lot.

Get the device path of your IGPU:
Download and use the gfxutil tool like so:
Code:
$ gfxutil -f IGPU
DevicePath = PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0)

I have this error:
error: unsupported registry entry class type 'IORegistryEntry'.

Make sure you have the latest Lilu + WhateverGreen (with latter compiled against latest Lilu). Try adding -v debug=0x100 keepsyms=1 boot args so you can take a photo of the KP and post it here.
I added the example patches for frame buffer and was able to boot with at least some form of graphics acceleration and from there extract the file. Not that it helped much...

What parameter Can I touch to change 1536mb to 2048mb?

Hey folks,
Does somebody have compiled version of debugged Whatevergreen kext combined with latest Lilu? It would be grateful if we all have it. Please upload.
Thanks a lot.

Attached is a shell script you can run which will download and compile the latest Lilu + WhateverGreen and place the kexts into a folder called Debug and Release.

Attachments

• build_lilu.zip
    983 bytes · Views: 581
Back