Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel Framebuffer patching using WhateverGreen

How can inject these values in my SSDT hot patch, for instance " framebuffer-patch-enable" 1 and make it appear as number instead of data or string?

EDIT: alright, something like "framebuffer-stolenmem", 83886080, works. Dealing with plist is a pita

Last edited:
I've updated my post to make this clearer.

Sorry, for the noob question. How technically to place the debug version of Lilu into the root of WhateverGreen?
I found:

<key>OSBundleRequired</key>
<string>Root</string>

in Info.plist of Whatevergreen.kext

Sorry, for the noob question. How technically to place the debug version of Lilu into the root of WhateverGreen?
I found:

<key>OSBundleRequired</key>
<string>Root</string>

in Info.plist of Whatevergreen.kext

To compile Whatevergreen with Xcode just put Lilu.kext debug version in the same folder WhateverGreen.xcodeproj is

Also if for any reason you open the config.plist on Clover Configurator, it will automatically change the values of
<snip>
I might be wrong but i think these values format need to be adjusted like the editors are correcting them, which i believe is more appropriate for a "enable" patch to have a boolean value with yes or no / True/false

I have already contacted mackie100 about these issues with Clover Configurator and he is already working on updating it. As far as I'm aware Clover doesn't support boolean values for Device/Properties. I would also prefer if we could use a hex integer value for the AAPL,ig-platform-id as it's easier than entering the reversed bytes as data but it does not appear to work. Perhaps people should request Slice add support more data types in Clover's Device/Properties section.

I have already contacted mackie100 about these issues with Clover Configurator and he is already working on updating it. As far as I'm aware Clover doesn't support boolean values for Device/Properties. I would also prefer if we could use a hex integer value for the AAPL,ig-platform-id as it's easier than entering the reversed bytes as data but it does not appear to work. Perhaps people should request Slice add support more data types in Clover's Device/Properties section.
That's great,

I believe vit9696 is already a member on the clover development team so i have seen him on that thread posting a clover version with these changes from this guide.

Also as @freesby said, it would also be nice to have an RMCF so we can create a specific SSDT to override those value.
Same like on @RehabMan kexts (CodecCommander, USBInjectAll, etc).

@headkaze Maybe you can help me, I am not a programer I do not really know how to compile stuff or any of that. Anyways whatevergreen causes my system to crash. Now it is not all the time it is only while I am using parallels, with any version of windows from 7-10. Now I blame Whatevergreen because it only happens when it is installed. When it is not I lose 2 of the three display ports and HDMI/DP audio that I do not use. Before it was never really a big deal but now that Shiki has been rolled into it I think it I might need to resolve this issue. I also experienced this same issue in HS!

To compile Whatevergreen with Xcode just put Lilu.kext debug version in the same folder WhateverGreen.xcodeproj is

As a result I would have the modified version of whatevergreen kext. Do I need it only for extracting information from my framebuffer to use it in device/properties section and also for debugging? As soon as everything works, I can use unmodified whatevergreen kext after?

I couldn't find my dump file on drive using -igfxdump flag
where save this file please mention clearly

same here.

Is "root of your boot drive" not clear enough? Are you using a debug build of WhateverGreen?

Back