CPU
i7-4790K OC @ 4.8GHz
Graphics
Vega 64LC + HD4600
Mac
MacBook Air, MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
Thank you but with 0x0d220003 and 14,2(with kexts fakeid and clover injection or only patch from hackintool) i can boot but no info about iGPU and still glitches.

Maybe you can check my config.plist. Maybe you'll find some bug or something...

@gulios,

From your screen shot it does look like a framebuffer related issue.

Your config file looks ok, the only thing i would question is why you have "Load Vbios" enabled in Config.plist -> Graphics ?

What resolution display are you driving ? (EG 1080P, 2.6L, 4K .. etc)
How is your display connected to the motherboard (DP, HDMI ... etc)

Cheers
Jay

Motherboard
Asus UX430UA (Clover)
CPU
i7-7500U
Graphics
HD 620
Mac
iMac, MacBook Air, MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
@gulios,

From your screen shot it does look like a framebuffer related issue.

Your config file looks ok, the only thing i would question is why you have "Load Vbios" enabled in Config.plist -> Graphics ?

What resolution display are you driving ? (EG 1080P, 2.6L, 4K .. etc)
How is your display connected to the motherboard (DP, HDMI ... etc)

Cheers
Jay
"Load Vbios" - probably from testing, now i don't remember.
I use DP connection to Dell in 2560x1440 resolution.

I've tested
Intel HD Graphics 4600, 0x0D220003, 3 -> 1536 MB glitches
Intel HD Graphics 4600, 0x0C060000, 3 -> 1536 MB glitches
Intel HD Graphics 4600, 0x0D260000, 3 -> 1024 MB glitches
Intel HD Graphics 4600, 0x0A16000C, 3 -> 1536 MB less glitches
Intel HD Graphics 4600, 0x0A160000, 3 -> 1024 MB glitches
Intel HD Graphics 4600, 0x04260000, 3 -> 1024 MB glitches

i've run out of ideas ;(
Now i'm on 14,2 with 0x0D220003 and clover Injection + fakekexts (with Hackintool no system info), still graphics glitches and random reboots ;(

Maybe it's because of GTX connected to motherboard, i don't know especially it's impossible to remove GPU from case without disconnecting all coolers, fans etc...
In BIOS when i set primary to CPU after POST i have just blinking cursor in left corner. Probably because i have m.2 connected to PCI so i'm not able to test it without GPU removed.

Very frustrating because without acceleration can't use some important apps for me and i see that probably Nvidia won't release drivers to 10* GTXs ;(

jaymonkey

Motherboard
ASRock-Z97 EX6
CPU
i7-4790K OC @ 4.8GHz
Graphics
Vega 64LC + HD4600
Mac
MacBook Air, MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
I use DP connection to Dell in 2560x1440 resolution.

@gulios,

I think anything over 1080P requires the "-cdfon" boot argument to be aded to your config.plist.

Note: "-cdfon" must be used in conjunction with WhatEverGreen but from looking at your config,plist I assume that you already have it and Lilu installed otherwise your device properties for the IGPU would not be doing anything.

You might also want to enable to 2048MB VRAM patch.

See the High DPI section in Chapter 4 of the Lilu + Plug-in's guide :-

Pretty sure that adding "-cdfon" should fix the issue and the 2048MB VRAM patch is recommended when the IGPU is driving a display greater than 1080P or more than one monitor/display.

Cheers
Jay

Last edited:
Motherboard
Asus UX430UA (Clover)
CPU
i7-7500U
Graphics
HD 620
Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
@gulios,

I think anything over 1080P requires the "-cdfon" boot argument to be aded to your config.plist.

Note: "-cdfon" must be used in conjunction with WhatEverGreen but from looking at your config,plist I assume that you already have it and Lilu installed otherwise your device properties for the IGPU would not be doing anything.

You might also want to enable to 2048MB VRAM patch.

See the High DPI section in Chapter 4 of the Lilu + Plug-in's guide :-

Pretty sure that adding "-cdfon" should fix the issue and the 2048MB VRAM patch is recommended when the IGPU is driving a display greater than 1080P or more than one monitor/display.

Cheers
Jay
Thank you for answer but something is still wrong.
Look at my config.plist and patch.
With that config without FakePCIID.kext still glitches and no GPU in system info.
From DPCIManager i see it's "Xeon E3-1200 v3/4th Gen Core Processor Integrated Graphics Controller, 0x0D220003, 3"

Thank you.

Attachments

jaymonkey

Motherboard
ASRock-Z97 EX6
CPU
i7-4790K OC @ 4.8GHz
Graphics
Vega 64LC + HD4600
Mac
MacBook Air, MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
Thank you for answer but something is still wrong.Look at my config.plist and patch.

@gulios,

config.plist looks ok ... however as i said Azul framebuffer is know to be problematic.

From DPCIManager i see it's "Xeon E3-1200 v3/4th Gen Core Processor Integrated Graphics Controller, 0x0D220003, 3"

DCPI Manager has not been updated in a very long time, I tend to use the PCI list in Hacking tool these days which is far superior and allows you to export the data if you want to spoof the devices so that they show up in Sys Info -> PCI

The Description of the IGPU is coming from the PCI spoofing generated by Hackintool's patch generator, it uses a on-line database to get the descriptions (its the same database that DCPIManager uses) and for IGPU's it always tends to be the CPU Generation rather than an exact IGPU model type. (in your case "4th Gen Core Processor")

You can change the string value of "model" in the IGPU device properties to something like "HD 4600 IGPU" if want.

Depending on the system, WhatEverGreen can sometimes not fully patch the AZUL frame buffer correctly, I had this issue on one of my HD 4600 systems, I got around it by using a SSDT Hot Patch to inject the device properties rather than defining them as Device Properties in the config.plist.

You could try the following :-
  1. Download the attached zip file (SSDT-IGPU.aml.zip)
  2. Unzip the file and copy SSDT-IGPU.aml to /EFI/Clover/ACPI/Patched
  3. Remove all the Device Properties for the IGPU from your config.plist
  4. Reboot
Clover should use now use SSDT-IGPU.aml to inject the Device Properties along with a suitable _DSM method. I wrote this SSDT to get HD 4600 working on one of my Hacks when all other methods failed to work. It will configure the IGPU with the 0x0D220003 PlatformID and also set the model description to HD 4600.

Give it a go and see if it helps, other than that i'm out of ideas ... i've never seen an IGPU issue quite like the one in your screen shot in post #910.

Cheers
Jay

Attachments

Motherboard
Asus UX430UA (Clover)
CPU
i7-7500U
Graphics
HD 620
Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
@gulios,

config.plist looks ok ... however as i said Azul framebuffer is know to be problematic.

DCPI Manager has not been updated in a very long time, I tend to use the PCI list in Hacking tool these days which is far superior and allows you to export the data if you want to spoof the devices so that they show up in Sys Info -> PCI

The Description of the IGPU is coming from the PCI spoofing generated by Hackintool's patch generator, it uses a on-line database to get the descriptions (its the same database that DCPIManager uses) and for IGPU's it always tends to be the CPU Generation rather than an exact IGPU model type. (in your case "4th Gen Core Processor")

You can change the string value of "model" in the IGPU device properties to something like "HD 4600 IGPU" if want.

Depending on the system, WhatEverGreen can sometimes not fully patch the AZUL frame buffer correctly, I had this issue on one of my HD 4600 systems, I got around it by using a SSDT Hot Patch to inject the device properties rather than defining them as Device Properties in the config.plist.

You could try the following :-
  1. Download the attached zip file (SSDT-IGPU.aml.zip)
  2. Unzip the file and copy SSDT-IGPU.aml to /EFI/Clover/ACPI/Patched
  3. Remove all the Device Properties for the IGPU from your config.plist
  4. Reboot
Clover should use now use SSDT-IGPU.aml to inject the Device Properties along with a suitable _DSM method. I wrote this SSDT to get HD 4600 working on one of my Hacks when all other methods failed to work. It will configure the IGPU with the 0x0D220003 PlatformID and also set the model description to HD 4600.

Give it a go and see if it helps, other than that i'm out of ideas ... i've never seen an IGPU issue quite like the one in your screen shot in post #910.

Cheers
Jay
with that ssdt-igpu still problems.

ok, i've got a list of platforms and started to check one by one.

0x0C060000 (desktop, 3 connectors) ->
0x0C160000 (desktop, 3 connectors) ->
0x0C260000 (desktop, 3 connectors) ->
0x04060000 (desktop, 3 connectors) ->
0x04160000 (desktop, 3 connectors) ->
0x04260000 (desktop, 3 connectors) ->
0x0D260000 (desktop, 3 connectors) ->
0x0A160000 (desktop, 3 connectors) ->
0x0A260000 (desktop, 3 connectors) ->
0x0A260005 (mobile, 3 connectors) ->
0x0A260006 (mobile, 3 connectors) ->
0x0A2E0008 (mobile, 3 connectors) ->
0x0A16000C (mobile, 3 connectors) ->
0x0D260007 (mobile, 4 connectors) ->
0x0D220003 (desktop, 3 connectors) -> 1536 MB glitches
0x0A2E000A (desktop, 3 connectors) -> 1536 MB ok but reboots
0x0A26000A (desktop, 3 connectors) -> 1536 MB glitches

now i use 0x0A2E000A graphics glitches disappeared ;))) so it's progress but i have some random reboots. ufff

Thank you for your time, i'll try to debug next IDs and try find where are reboots come from.

Last edited:

jaymonkey

Motherboard
ASRock-Z97 EX6
CPU
i7-4790K OC @ 4.8GHz
Graphics
Vega 64LC + HD4600
Mac
MacBook Air, MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
now i use 0x0A2E000A graphics glitches disappeared ;))) so it's progress but i have some random reboots.

@gulios,

Check to see which is the active connector using Hackintool -> Patch -> Connectors - the active connector will be green :-
Screenshot 2019-06-02 at 00.32.17.png
Check that the port Type matches the physical port type your using, if it doe snot match that can be the source of reboots.
If it's incorrect then use hackintool to patch the framebuffer for the correct port type, you may have to also change the ports flags as well which you can do by manually adding <key>framebuffer-conX-flags</key> and a data value.

Cheers
Jay

Motherboard
Asus UX430UA (Clover)
CPU
i7-7500U
Graphics
HD 620
Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
@gulios,

Check to see which is the active connector using Hackintool -> Patch -> Connectors - the active connector will be green :-
View attachment 409332
Check that the port Type matches the physical port type your using, if it doe snot match that can be the source of reboots.
If it's incorrect then use hackintool to patch the framebuffer for the correct port type, you may have to also change the ports flags as well which you can do by manually adding <key>framebuffer-conX-flags</key> and a data value.

Cheers
Jay
in my case connector on DP is red.
We'll try with another platform IDs and smbioses because i see that every other reboots there are some graphisc glitches and sometimes it works perfect...

Thank you.

Attachments

jaymonkey

Motherboard
ASRock-Z97 EX6
CPU
i7-4790K OC @ 4.8GHz
Graphics
Vega 64LC + HD4600
Mac
MacBook Air, MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
in my case connector on DP is red. We'll try with another platform IDs and smbioses because i see that every other reboots there are some graphisc glitches and sometimes it works perfect...

@gulios,

Sorry I should have explained that if the display is external then Hackintool will highlight the port red, if it's internal then it will be green, so red is correct for in your case.

You could try using iMac 15,1 which is what i use on my i7 4790K White Knight system (see sig for specs) however I'm running a Vega 64 so have the IGPU configured as headless.

Cheers
Jay

Motherboard
Asus UX430UA (Clover)
CPU
i7-7500U
Graphics
HD 620
Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
@gulios,

Sorry I should have explained that if the display is external then Hackintool will highlight the port red, if it's internal then it will be green, so red is correct for in your case.

You could try using iMac 15,1 which is what i use on my i7 4790K White Knight system (see sig for specs) however I'm running a Vega 64 so have the IGPU configured as headless.

Cheers
Jay
ok, i've decided to disassemble case and remove GTX and that was it. Now IGPU HD 4600 works fine with HackinTool patch for 0x0DD20003.

Thank you @jaymonkey for your time !!
Now i have to decide what to to with that GTX...

Attachments