Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel Framebuffer patching using WhateverGreen

Can you upload your config.plist? Be sure to remove serial numbers from SMBIOS section of the file.

I didn't know that removing serial numbers from the SMBIOs section was a step and can't find it in the instructions either. Is that something you discovered while tinkering?

Anyways I gave up on trying to get the iGPU working with full acceleration via this framebuffer method. I foudn a good deal on an rx 550 and installed it instead.

I didn't know that removing serial numbers from the SMBIOs section was a step and can't find it in the instructions either. Is that something you discovered while tinkering?

Anyways I gave up on trying to get the iGPU working with full acceleration via this framebuffer method. I foudn a good deal on an rx 550 and installed it instead.

Good for you. If you have gotten it to work now, it wasn't the BIOS ... Somewhere I read MSI boards no longer need the 2000 efi and instead osxaptiofix3drv works now ... not sure haven't tried it yet but will do that .... however USB boot still remains the issue so having an extra SSD/HDD is now a must for MSI boards with that issue if using the latest BIOS , I hope MSI fixes that , because the release notes specifically say they made changes to USB functionality ... I am hoping its a bug and not a feature ...

It's not, it's just a precaution to make sure noone else uses your serial number.

And you got that to work? Only the RX560 should work as far as I know, because the 550 hasn't been used in a real Mac.

Good for you. If you have gotten it to work now, it wasn't the BIOS ... Somewhere I read MSI boards no longer need the 2000 efi and instead osxaptiofix3drv works now ... not sure haven't tried it yet but will do that .... however USB boot still remains the issue so having an extra SSD/HDD is now a must for MSI boards with that issue if using the latest BIOS , I hope MSI fixes that , because the release notes specifically say they made changes to USB functionality ... I am hoping its a bug and not a feature ...

Sorry I confused you with my 2 posts. I have 2 boards one I updated to the latest Bios which I have kept in windows the other I left in its OOB Bios which is what I decided to just use with an rx580.

I might try installing Mojave on the board with the updated Bios again but probably not til I find a cheap boot drive. I still don't think it had issues with USB since clover loads and I get to the loading screen albeit progressing unbelievably slow...

It's not, it's just a precaution to make sure noone else uses your serial number.

And you got that to work? Only the RX560 should work as far as I know, because the 550 hasn't been used in a real Mac.

Mistyped its an RX 580 Sapphire Nitro+ forgive my fat fingers :(

Hi there.
I'm trying to fix graphics for my fresh-installed macOS Mojave.
I did everything according to the guide but get stuck at the first boot screen (stuck at the line with plus characters, see attachments).

I have an Intel HD 530 with device-id: "0x191b" (from the system report of my current 10.13.6 hack).
I also attached my clover folder.
Am I missing something?

I'll appreciate your help.
Thanks.
I also tried with 19MB stolen and 9MB fbmem (both with 0x19160000 & 0x0191b0000) but no luck (it stuck at boot).
This graphic problem took me many hours of work without any success :'(
I tried almost every possible way, but still no luck to get full graphics (QE/CI) to work.
Can someone please check my previous post (that I quoted in this post) and help me?
Did anybody successfully applied this patch?

Hi there.
I'm trying to fix graphics for my fresh-installed macOS Mojave.
I did everything according to the guide but get stuck at the first boot screen (stuck at the line with plus characters, see attachments).

I have an Intel HD 530 with device-id: "0x191b" (from the system report of my current 10.13.6 hack).
I also attached my clover folder.
Am I missing something?

I'll appreciate your help.
Thanks.
I also tried with 19MB stolen and 9MB fbmem (both with 0x19160000 & 0x0191b0000) but no luck (it stuck at boot).
This graphic problem took me many hours of work without any success :'(
I tried almost every possible way, but still no luck to get full graphics (QE/CI) to work.
Can someone please check my previous post (that I quoted in this post) and help me?
Did anybody successfully applied this patch?
If you are experiencing a freeze at "End Randomseed" then it's most likely fixable as follows:

Option 1:
  • In BIOS, enable "Above 4G Decoding".
  • Does the system boot up now?
  • If not, try Option 2.
Option 2:
  1. Open the driversUefi64 folder on the EFI partition of your Mojave SSD (not USB install disk).
  2. Which memory fix driver are you using?
    • AptioMemoryFix-64?
    • OsxAptioFixdrv?
    • OsxAptioFix2drv?
    • OsxAptioFix3drv?
    • OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000? <-- this one can be downloaded from bullet #3 here.
  3. First, make sure only 1 of these drivers is in the folder. If you have 2 or more, delete all but 1.
  4. Run Clover Configurator, open your config.plist, go to the Boot section and check-on slide=0
  5. Save the file and reboot.
  6. Does the system boot up now?
  7. If not, repeat steps 1-6, but use a different memory fix driver. And try each one with and without slide=0.

If you are experiencing a freeze at "End Randomseed" then it's most likely fixable as follows:

Option 1:
  • If not, try Option 2.
Option 2:
  1. Open the driversUefi64 folder on the EFI partition of your Mojave SSD (not USB install disk).
    • AptioMemoryFix-64?
    • OsxAptioFixdrv?
    • OsxAptioFix2drv?
    • OsxAptioFix3drv?
  3. First, make sure only 1 of these drivers is in the folder. If you have 2 or more, delete all but 1.
  4. Run Clover Configurator, open your config.plist, go to the Boot section and check-on slide=0
  7. If not, repeat steps 1-6, but use a different memory fix driver. And try each one with and without slide=0.
Thanks for ur reply.
For option 1 what is "Above 4G Decoding"? I don't have this option in my BIOS setup.

For the next questions:
I should say that I didn't installed clover on my SSD disk yet (where Mojave is installed) and I'm booting from my flash memory and changing the clover config and files there... I had plan to install clover on my disk after I reached to a stable clover config.

For the drivers you mentioned I just use "AptioMemoryFix-64.efi" and NONE of "OsxAptio*" drivers used.
I didn't try "slide=0" option yet, I will try this as soon as possible and tell the result.

Option 1:
  • If not, try Option 2.
Option 2:
    • AptioMemoryFix-64?
    • OsxAptioFixdrv?
    • OsxAptioFix2drv?
    • OsxAptioFix3drv?
I tried with "slide=0" but still no success booting. I found out that if I use "-igfxnohdmi", It passes this step (plus signs) but finally results in kernel panic.
Another question: In the first post guide it says to remove "IntelGraphicsFixup.kext", but what about "IntelGraphicsDVMTFixup.kext"?
Should I use it in combination of this thread's patch in order to get a working patch or eliminate it?

For me, this thread's patch (in config.plist/Devices/Properties) does not have any effect and won't patch DVMT-prealloc because in every try, it finally results in kernel panic. Any ideas?

Hello everyone,

I'm facing issue enabling this graphics acceleration. i5-8400 and uhd 630 on a Desktop configuration.

I changed SMBIOS to Macbook Pro 15,2 since I don't have an extra GPU.

I tried adding properties on devices/properties but the result is that I can't boot my OS (so for now I disabled them).

As I can understand there's no need to INJECT INTEL and set fake-id or ig-platform-id since it should be natively supported.

OS Version 10.13.6.

Attaching my report using your great tool.

Any help is really appreciated. Thank you everyone.

Attachments

• debug_12108.zip
    2.3 MB · Views: 77
Back