Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel Framebuffer patching using WhateverGreen

I wonder which EDID should I choose? The Display (16:9) as default or Apple Mackbook Air Display (16:9)?
Thanks.

Can you please attach the files generated by one-key-hidpi and Hackintool so I can compare them?
Nevermind I'll just take a look at the script.

Last edited:
I do have a rather general question regarding the framebuffer size. I don't really know too much about this, so sorry if it sounds too stupid.

I seriously wonder though, why does for example a Haswell GPU like the HD4400 have a fbmem of 30+ MB while the Coffee Lake UHD630 got - none? I'm asking this because my current Coffee Lake Hackintosh really struggles to manage dual monitor double 4k output, while the Haswell one before did not.

This is noticeable when using my DAW, Ableton Live. I get serious audio dropouts with my current Hackintosh - only in dual 4k, 1080p is perfectly fine. As I said, the Haswell one managed it with ease.

Then, I also tried to set the fbmem manually via my config.plist today to several values and performance increases significantly (although still not Haswell level, I’m not really able to use Ableton in dual 4k currently). Also, when I monitor the GPU with the Intel Power Gadget, the GPU is constantly at 1GHz (roughly) with no frame buffer and when I set it to the highest value I’m able to (18MB), it relaxes quite a bit (also visible when dragging windows randomly around the screen).

Does anybody have an explanation for this, does it make sense in any way? Also, any ideas how to get even better performance? As I said I can't set the fbmem and / or stolenmem any higher, this might be due to my motherboard, no idea (tried some settings on "Share Memory", which probably is my DVMT setting). Thanks guys. Really trying to understand this, although I’m pretty close to simply buying a dedicated GPU.

(I didn't attach any PR files intentionally at this point, as I tried to keep my questions rather general, if they are necessary just let me know. And by the way, I set the VRAM to 2048MB already.)

Last edited:
@RehabMan
I have a problem that's driving me crazy. The monitor connected to the miniDP port goes off and on all the time (video below)! In Windows, it works perfectly.

Basically it is a Lenovo L440 notebook with i5-4300M and HD4600. I get graphics acceleration, the only problem is the external monitor blinking.

Help me?

Video of the issue:
Important! I just move the window between screens. I don't click anything.
Similar issue here - but not as severe. Screen goes dark every half hour or so for a second or two and comes back.
Not a screen saver - during work...
Cheers,
Rudolf

Keep in mind you must configure the kext patches correctly.
Contrary to post #1, I would use config.plist/Devices/AddProperties to set the required properties that drive the patching.

Can you please explain this
thank you

Thanks for your reply, I have tried your method(Hackintool 1.7.7 -> Display Overrides), but the SysPref->Displays remains this(without Retina, just add Scaled selections).
View attachment 380404
But when I use one-key-hidpi, it brings me a Built-in Retina Display(which is different in Scaled, and my build-in display monitor is 1080p)
View attachment 380378
There is something different in the same files(Icons.plist & DisplayVectorID-30e4/DisplayVectorID-46f) generated by Hackintool and one-key-hidpi, but I don't know what the data's meaning.

I wonder which EDID should I choose? The Display (16:9) as default or Apple Mackbook Air Display (16:9)?
Thanks.

Hi @chuxu. Can you please check out this post and give me any feedback you can. Thanks!

Last edited:
Hi there, I am attempting to install Mojave on my H170 Pro Gaming rig running Sierra quite well (no sleep).
I have a i7-6700 cpu with HD 530, output on a 4k monitor using Display port.
I installed it using Unibeast 9.0.0 and then Multibeast 11.0.1; attached the MB config printout.
On top I added the WhateverGreen and Lilu kexts in Other (debug version, built using the instructions in post #1).
The BIOS/UEFI has the dvmd set high (it's actually at the max right now - 1024mb I believe)

I tried using the guide and when I seem to do things right my screen goes black when it's supposed to go into graphics mode.

I am able to boot in (and grab the debug files) by using the 0x12345678 ig_platform_id under Graphics, probably using some default drivers - Mojave runs ok however by default I get glitches and no acceleration.

Thanks for reading, hopefully someone points me to what I do wrong.

I am attaching my clover setup and the logs.
I ran the gen_debug script - output attached.
Attached the weblog generated as per instructions + IGPU msgs in the gpulog; note there are 2 boots in there, the 2nd one is the one where I use the ig_platform_id override to post this data.

Last edited:
Hi there, I am attempting to install Mojave on my H170 Pro Gaming rig running Sierra quite well (no sleep).
I tried using the guide and when I seem to do things right my screen goes black when it's supposed to go into graphics mode.

Hi just in case anyone has the same issue - found a recipe somewhere else here on the forum:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...tching-framebuffer.269179/page-3#post-1891355

(Post Installation / Graphics / Black screen Intel HD 530 on Mojave after patching Framebuffer / Anatharia' post #24)

@RehabMan
I have a problem that's driving me crazy. The monitor connected to the miniDP port goes off and on all the time (video below)! In Windows, it works perfectly.

Basically it is a Lenovo L440 notebook with i5-4300M and HD4600. I get graphics acceleration, the only problem is the external monitor blinking.

Help me?

Video of the issue:
Important! I just move the window between screens. I don't click anything.

@RehabMan fixed it. I converted the KextToPatch to FrameBuffer and works.

Sorry but I have a problem with adjusting in Xcode some numbers for my HD530 Skylake IGPU id 19120000.
What number should be in data for stolen 34MB, FBMEM 21 MB,VRAM 1536, and TOTAL 65MB?

Back