Register

[Guide] Intel Framebuffer patching using WhateverGreen

Motherboard
Asus Prime H310T-Clove
CPU
i5-8500
Graphics
UHD 630
The folder is actually /System/Library/Displays/Contents/Resources/Overrides for El Capitan or above. I have updated the instructions.

Anyway I think it might be best to use the DisplayEDID-xxx.kext option. Try Hackintool 1.7.3 as it will now export files for all displays to the desktop.

That being said I don't know if injecting EDID will solve your hotplug issue.

I have just downloaded new version 1.7.4, generated the kext file and put it at /Library/Extensions. I can login and access it through Screen Sharing.

The Display Preferences always show my display, and pressing "Detect Displays" button doesn't end up in loosing connection to the display.

Whether I have picture on the display is another thing. Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't, most of the time I don't. Some times it comes up, shows a flickering image, and goes to sleep.

For sure injecting EDID did not solve my hotplug issue.

Next step (maybe next week), install Mojave from scratch. See what happens.

Thanks for the support and keep up the good work.

Motherboard
MSI GP62 Clover
CPU
i7-6700HQ
Graphics
HD530
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Just a heads up Intel FB-Patcher has been renamed to Hackintool and the next release will include EDID patching from Andy Vandijck's FixEDID. You can try out a pre-release of it from here but FYI it hasn't been tested much yet.
I successfully enable HIDPI using this repo: one-key-hidpi, hope this may help others.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Aero 15X v8-BK4K4P
CPU
i7-8750H
Graphics
UHD 630 / GTX 1070
I successfully enable HIDPI using this repo: one-key-hidpi, hope this may help others.
You can do the same thing in Hackintool. Under General->Display click the "Add" button and it will add a bunch of default resolutions. Then click on the "Export" button and it will add the override folders to your desktop which you can then copy to /System/Library/Displays/Contents/Resources/Overrides
EDIDOverride.png

Last edited:
Motherboard
Asus Z170-K
CPU
I7-6700K
Graphics
Asus GTX 970 Strix OC 4GB
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
HI, I'm trying to enable my HD530 (i7-6700k) along my GTX 970 to use QuickSync and get better render times and all the advantages of it... also I need to use airplay mirroring.
As now all is working except it, and i'd like to get it working.

My problem is that when fcpx or another app exports the IGPU usage always stays at 0%...

How can I solve this?
(Kexts Lilu,Whatevergreen,AppleALC,Realtek8111,fakesmc)

MY config and gen debug results attached.

Thanks

Attachments

• config.plist
    24.5 KB · Views: 104
  • debug_3335.zip
    3 MB · Views: 47
Motherboard
Lenovo ThinkPad L440
CPU
i7-4700MQ
Graphics
HD 4600
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
@RehabMan
I have a problem that's driving me crazy. The monitor connected to the miniDP port goes off and on all the time (video below)! In Windows, it works perfectly.

Basically it is a Lenovo L440 notebook with i5-4300M and HD4600. I get graphics acceleration, the only problem is the external monitor blinking.

Help me?

Video of the issue:
Important! I just move the window between screens. I don't click anything.

Attachments

• debug_5119.zip
    2 MB · Views: 46
Motherboard
GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS Gaming 7
CPU
i7-8700K OC 5.0
Graphics
Vega 56
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
@RehabMan
I have a problem that's driving me crazy. The monitor connected to the miniDP port goes off and on all the time (video below)! In Windows, it works perfectly.

Eek! I had the same behaviour. On DP connectors 1 and 3 i get this issue. On DP connector 2 i do not. So strange.

Motherboard
MSI GP62 Clover
CPU
i7-6700HQ
Graphics
HD530
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
You can do the same thing in Hackintool. Under General->Display click the "Add" button and it will add a bunch of default resolutions. Then click on the "Export" button and it will add the override folders to your desktop which you can then copy to /System/Library/Displays/Contents/Resources/Overrides
View attachment 379870
Thanks for your reply, I have tried your method(Hackintool 1.7.7 -> Display Overrides), but the SysPref->Displays remains this(without Retina, just add Scaled selections).
Screen Shot 2019-01-19 at 10.38.40 AM.png
But when I use one-key-hidpi, it brings me a Built-in Retina Display(which is different in Scaled, and my build-in display monitor is 1080p)
1547864354222.png
There is something different in the same files(Icons.plist & DisplayVectorID-30e4/DisplayVectorID-46f) generated by Hackintool and one-key-hidpi, but I don't know what the data's meaning.

I wonder which EDID should I choose? The Display (16:9) as default or Apple Mackbook Air Display (16:9)?
Thanks.

Motherboard
HP Spectre x360 15-eb0002nl (9YK91EA)
CPU
i7-10510U
Graphics
UHD 630 + MX330
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
I don't know how to reverse bytes.....could somebody help me?

jaymonkey

Motherboard
GB Z490 Vision G
CPU
i9 10850K OC @ 5.2 GHz
Graphics
Vega 64 LC + HD 630
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone