CPU
W3690
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I'm keen to switch to using Lilu/WEG, as I'm having issues (see HERE) installing Mojave which I believe it may solve. To do this however I need to understand the following.

My current setup using a Gigabyte Radeon RX 560 Gaming OC 4G requires frame buffer patching, first to select the Acre frame buffer and then a patch to correct the connectors.

The selection of the Acre frame buffer is done thus:

Code:
        <key>Graphics</key>
        <dict>
                <key>FBName</key>
                <string>Acre</string>
                <key>Inject</key>
                <dict>
                        <key>ATI</key>
                        <true/>
                </dict>
                <key>RadeonDeInit</key>
                <string>true</string>
        </dict>

The frame buffer is then patched thus. This relies on the Acre frame buffer being in place so I know what's being patched against. Without this knowledge I don't know what to find in order to replace it, as I'm not sure where the default frame buffer definition comes from. How would I use this new patching mechanism in such a case?

Code:
        <key>KernelAndKextPatches</key>
        <dict>
                <array>
                        <dict>
                                <key>Comment</key>
                                <string>ATI Connector patch new way</string>
                                <key>Disabled</key>
                                <false/>
                                <key>Find</key>
<data>AAQAAAQDAAAAAQEBAAAAABECAgEAAAAAAAgAAAQCAAAAAQIAAAAAACEDBQQAAAAABAAAAAQCAAAAAQMAAAAAAAAAAwUAAAAA</data>
                                <key>InfoPlistPatch</key>
                                <false/>
                                <key>Name</key>
                                <string>AMD9500Controller</string>
                                <key>Replace</key>
<data>AAQAAAQDAAAAAQMAAAAAABECBQEAAAAAAAgAAAQCAAAAAQIAAAAAACEDAwQAAAAABAAAABQCAAAAAQEAAAAAABAABAUAAAAA</data>
                        </dict>
                </array>
        </dict>

Thanks,

Steve

Motherboard
MSI Z370 Gaming M5
CPU
i5 8600K
Graphics
Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1060 Windforce OC 3GB
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Okay, so I am still new to the whole hackintosh thing. The frame buffer patching will re-enable the IGPU while still leaving the heavy lifting to the discrete GPU, right? Meaning that I can get the benefits of the IGPU, such as Airplay and DRM video on iTunes (broken for some reason, heard this would fix it), while leaving the heavy lifting the the discrete card? Was redirected here from this page on Airplay Mirroring, so that's what I'm guessing. Sorry for asking stupid questions, just sort of lost and don't want to break something. Running 10.13.6 (17G65) btw. I also already have Lilu and WhateverGreen installed.

Motherboard
Acer Aspire E15-574-78LR
CPU
i7 6500U
Graphics
HD 520
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello, I've been trying to fix the HDMI connection on my laptop, and its been frustrating because the connection type keeps resetting when connecting the HDMI, can anyone help me figure this out?
My laptop has 2 externals connections, HDMI and VGA, with the files I uploaded, VGA is working fine and internal display is working. in other hand when I connect the HDMI my internal display turns black and HDMI works. I don't know if brightness is related, but it's working and don't save across restarts.
Every help is appreciated, thank you.

Attachments

• debug.zip
    8.4 MB · Views: 47

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
i7-2600K
Graphics
HD 3000
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello, I've been trying to fix the HDMI connection on my laptop, and its been frustrating because the connection type keeps resetting when connecting the HDMI, can anyone help me figure this out?
My laptop has 2 externals connections, HDMI and VGA, with the files I uploaded, VGA is working fine and internal display is working. in other hand when I connect the HDMI my internal display turns black and HDMI works. I don't know if brightness is related, but it's working and don't save across restarts.
Every help is appreciated, thank you.

You should post in the appropriate laptop forum.

Motherboard
ASUS ROG MAXIMUS X HERO Z370
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi, I'm a little confused about what value I should set in config.plist Devices/Properties for APPL,ig-platform-id.

Currently running 10.14.1 with RX580 and iGPU - latest Lilu and WEG. If I start FBPatcher I see this:
upload_2018-11-18_14-39-54.png

Should I be taking the value circled and use 300019E3?

Motherboard
Gigabyte Aero 15X v8-BK4K4P
CPU
i7-8750H
Graphics
UHD 630 / GTX 1070
Should I be taking the value circled and use 300019E3?

Not necessarily. That is just what FB-Patcher detects as your current platform id. To change it you will need platform list data. The easiest way to do that is to use the Framebuffer->macOS 10.14 (18A391) menu option. After that select the appropriate PlatformId for your system and use the Patch tab to generate a patch. Use the File->Export->Clover config.plist to export the patch.

Last edited:
Motherboard
GA-Z87X-UD4H
CPU
i5-4570
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Not necessarily. That is just what FB-Patcher detects as your current platform id. To change it you will need platform list data. The easiest way to do that is to use the Framebuffer->macOS 10.14 (18A391) menu option. After that select the appropriate PlatformId for your system and use the Patch tab to generate a patch. Use the File->Export->Clover config.plist to export the patch.

After I generate config.plist on desktop, should I open it with text editor and copy the content and paste into the confit.plist in EFI?

Sorry, still learning~

Motherboard
Gigabyte Aero 15X v8-BK4K4P
CPU
i7-8750H
Graphics
UHD 630 / GTX 1070
After I generate config.plist on desktop, should I open it with text editor and copy the content and paste into the confit.plist in EFI?

Sorry, still learning~

You should export over your config.plist in your EFI if you want the data to be merged with your current config.plist. It will make a backup (config-backup.plist) before it does this.

Motherboard
ASUS ROG MAXIMUS X HERO Z370
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS

I should have mentioned - I'm using RX580 as my GPU - wanting to config the UHD630 'headless' for QuickSync etc. Does that change things? Is there a specific id for that config - I see 10 listed in the PlatformID drop-down after following you're directions?

Thanks