CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
HD 630
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Sorry, I have some completely noob questions to ask, because I tried following the guide and found that I couldn't understand the better half of it. The hardware I'm using is an Intel Core i5-4210U with Intel HD Graphics 4400.

Compile Lilu + WhateverGreen: I pasted the .git URL into Xcode, but I don't know how to actually "compile" the project, nor what the end result of "compiling" is (an .kext? an .app?) But I could just download the pre-compiled binaries, so I guess this is not that big an issue.

Get the device path of your IGPU: So I downloaded gfxutil, went to Terminal and inputed "./gfxutil -f IGPU", and got an output of "DevicePath = PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0)" exactly as in the guide. But then what? I understand that the device path is what comes after the equal sign, but what should I do with that?

ig-platgorm-id: I opened up Clover's config.plist in Xcode, but I can't find the line "DevicePath = PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0)" (I assume this should be the output of gfxutil above?), so should I manually add this line? But I can't figure out where in the hierarchy to add this line.

Again, sorry if these seem like complete noob questions. Any guidance would be gratefully appreciated.

Sorry, I have some completely noob questions to ask, because I tried following the guide and found that I couldn't understand the better half of it. The hardware I'm using is an Intel Core i5-4210U with Intel HD Graphics 4400.

Compile Lilu + WhateverGreen: I pasted the .git URL into Xcode, but I don't know how to actually "compile" the project, nor what the end result of "compiling" is (an .kext? an .app?) But I could just download the pre-compiled binaries, so I guess this is not that big an issue.

Get the device path of your IGPU: So I downloaded gfxutil, went to Terminal and inputed "./gfxutil -f IGPU", and got an output of "DevicePath = PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0)" exactly as in the guide. But then what? I understand that the device path is what comes after the equal sign, but what should I do with that?

ig-platgorm-id: I opened up Clover's config.plist in Xcode, but I can't find the line "DevicePath = PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0)" (I assume this should be the output of gfxutil above?), so should I manually add this line? But I can't figure out where in the hierarchy to add this line.

Again, sorry if these seem like complete noob questions. Any guidance would be gratefully appreciated.

Hi vyiciu,

I am also new to Hackintosh and here is what I can help you:

(1) There is no need to compile Lilu/Whatevergreen kexts yourself. Just use the release version on Github and put it into your /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other

(2) In Clover Configurator, after you load the config.plist, click "Devices" in "Sections", then click "Properties" in "Arbitrary/Properties" tabs group. Add "PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0)" in "Devices" table, then you can add all other parameters in "Properties" table.

Make sure you update to latest Clover Configurator.

Motherboard
Asus ROG STRIX 390-I GAMING
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
RTX 2080
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hi, I'm back here because I'm struggling to get my Gigabyte Z370N Wifi (and Intel i7-8700K) to work in Mojave with WhateverGreen. The system used to work fine with High Sierra (no WhateverGreen, just kext patches).

Now I managed to have the IGPU kext loaded and working on HDMI ports but I get no monitor lock on the Displayport that is the one I need to hook it with.

(FYI: I have also a Nvidia discrete card that I use in Windows, but I got rid of all the Nvidia stuff since High Sierra).

Thanks in advance for your help.

Motherboard
GA-170X-UD5-TH - BIOS F22g
CPU
i7-6700K
Graphics
RX 560 + HD 530
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
I am having problems getting my Intel HD530 on-board graphics to work in Mojave. I usually use my Nvidia graphics, but since there are no drivers yet, I decided to try with the Intel graphics. I followed this guide from Headkaze, and got my computer to boot into the desktop, but my graphics memory shows only 7MB. I have all the proper kext (debugged) in library/extensions folder.

Anyone, with a Skylake motherboard and the intel HD530 graphics, that has experienced the same problem and got it resolved, please advise me on how to fix this.

Rehabman, if you don't mind, maybe you can provide me with an insight as to what I am doing wrong, for you have far more experience with this than I do. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Enclosed is my plist for your review. I got the Devices>Properties info from the FB-Patcher program by Headkaze. I selected my Platformid and generated patch. I then verified this information with IO Registry Explorer

Attachments

• config.plist
    8 KB · Views: 243

pastrychef

Motherboard
Asus Z370-G Gaming (Wi-Fi AC)
CPU
i9-9900K OC'd @ 5.0GHz
Graphics
RX 6600 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iBook
  2. Power Mac
  3. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I am having problems getting my Intel HD530 on-board graphics to work in Mojave. I usually use my Nvidia graphics, but since there are no drivers yet, I decided to try with the Intel graphics. I followed this guide from Headkaze, and got my computer to boot into the desktop, but my graphics memory shows only 7MB. I have all the proper kext (debugged) in library/extensions folder.

Anyone, with a Skylake motherboard and the intel HD530 graphics, that has experienced the same problem and got it resolved, please advise me on how to fix this.

Rehabman, if you don't mind, maybe you can provide me with an insight as to what I am doing wrong, for you have far more experience with this than I do. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Enclosed is my plist for your review. I got the Devices>Properties info from the FB-Patcher program by Headkaze. I selected my Platformid and generated patch. I then verified this information with IO Registry Explorer

Try this one.

Attachments

• config.plist
    8.1 KB · Views: 278
Motherboard
Gigabyte H370-HD3
CPU
i5-8400
Graphics
RX 580
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello all,

I am new to hackintoshing, and am really scratching my head on this. I am running Mojave.

I have a Gigabyte H370 HD3 with an 8400 Coffee Lake.

I have followed this guide, downloaded the latest whatevergreen and Lilu kexts. I set the platform ID as 0x3E9B0007 (07009B3E), and I also tried 0x3EA50000 for troubleshooting as well.

Upon reboot, my screen will blank out about 2/3 the way through boot. If I remove the platform ID, I am able to get fully logged in but there is no hardware acceleration.

I am really at a loss for this. Any suggestions? I did attach my config.plist to this.

Thanks!

Attachments

• config.plist
    4.8 KB · Views: 157

pastrychef

Motherboard
Asus Z370-G Gaming (Wi-Fi AC)
CPU
i9-9900K OC'd @ 5.0GHz
Graphics
RX 6600 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iBook
  2. Power Mac
  3. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Motherboard
Gigabyte z490 Vision G
CPU
i9-10900K
Graphics
HD 630/RX 5700 XT
I am also looking for dual monitors on Mojave... any topic to follow for this specific need?

edit: framebuffer patching is not enough for dual monitors, your SMBios should also match a model with identical CPU/IGPU for dual screen to work. For my i7-4790K I used iMac14,3 instead of multibeast recommended quickstart choice and I now have dual screens!

Could you expand on this? I'm very new to all this. I downgraded to High Sierra in order to use my Nvidia GPU to get dual monitors back. Multibeast recommended I use 14,2. Should I use a different one?

If I remember correctly, the iMessage guide said not to change your model type after you've got iMessage working. Is that accurate? I currently have iMessage (and mostly everything else working).

I'd love to upgrade back to Mojave. Will I still have sleep issues on HD530 graphics though? I had no ability to sleep on HD530, but have mostly stable sleep mode on HS (won't turn off after it's been asleep for too long).

Motherboard
GA-170X-UD5-TH - BIOS F22g
CPU
i7-6700K
Graphics
RX 560 + HD 530
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Are you having the same symptoms? Have you allotted 64MB or more to IGPU in BIOS?

Yes I have Pastrychef. I have 64MB allotted.

By the way, my device id is 0x1234, so that's why I had that entry in my plist.