Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel Framebuffer patching using WhateverGreen

How do I apply this KextToPatch with WhateverGreen?

Screenshot 2018-08-17 at 20.18.36.png

Hi , What to patch for increasing 1536mb to 2gb in intel hd520 graphics ?

Use Intel FB-Patcher and change config.plist in Clover
e.g.:
<key>AAPL,ig-platform-id</key>
<data>AAAWGQ==</data>
<key>framebuffer-unifiedmem</key>
<data>AAAAgA==</data>
THanks for reply . Actually i have not been able to compile lilu and whatever kext as told in the thread(beacuase i dont have Xcode).I am using available kexts that are already compiled , i have not able to use -igfxdump , cant use intelFBpatcher.Using patches by Rehabman.

I'm learning how this work, I need a little help to understand.

I'm on a i3-8100 Gigabyte B360
high Sierra 10.13.6 17G65
- I ditched all the Rehabman goodies, kexts, fakes, injections, patches as suggested and All has been good and well

BUT

- I still need AAPL,ig-platform-id SET TO 00001259 and device-id SET TO 12590000

to have hardware acceleration
and within this Just for the B360 motherboard (NOT the Z370) I still need 3 infamous KextToPatch entries to modify the framebuffer and be able to see anything on a monitor.

- If I use AAPL,ig-platform-id SET TO 0x3E9B0007 I get no acceleration and 7MB iGPU.
is this correct?

Thanks

@headkaze :

Hi. In anticipation of Mojave, I updated to the latest AppleALC, Lilu, and WhateverGreen. Everything has been working perfectly. Today, I connected my laptop to my TV via HDMI and realized that I lost HDMI audio. It was working great previously.

Laptop specs:
i5-5200u
Intel 5500 iGPU
ALC3234 (aka ALC255)

Previously, HDMI audio was working with the following:
AppleALC 1.2.8
Lilu 1.2.5
IntelGraphicsFixup 1.2.7
IntelGraphicsDVMTFixup 1.2.2
Shiki 2.2.7
FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext
FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext
config.plist:
Devices/Audio-id=3 (13 also worked)
Devices/UseIntelHDMI (HDMI audio didn't work without this enabled)​

I have tried with and without the FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics and FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.
I have tried Audio-id=3, 13, and 17. Audio from internal speakers work fine with all three, but no HDMI audio.
I have tried with and without UseIntelHDMI.

Any idea where I should look to get it working again? I have included my config.plist and ioreg output. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• pastrychef's laptop.ioreg
    5.4 MB · Views: 144
  • config.plist
    15.5 KB · Views: 192
Previously, HDMI audio was working with the following

Some recommendations for your system:
- Use minimal ACPI patching. Probably the biggest cause of conflicts is the abundance of incorrect ACPI patching
- What is the DVMT-prealloc set for your BIOS? If it's 32 MB I suggest you set "DVMT-prealloc 32 MB" in Intel FB-Patcher
- Remove FakePCIID, IntelGraphicsFixup, IntelGraphicsDVMTFixup and Shiki. You should only have Lilu + WhateverGreen + AppleALC
- As the guide says don't set "UseIntelHDMI" (also check the first post "Preliminary" section for others)
- Mojave has removed a bunch of Audio Id's so you may need to try others
- Try the DP -> HDMI patches in Intel FB-Patcher. By default WhateverGreen does this automatically but only if you don't have any other framebuffer patching present. So just be aware of that
- Make sure you don't have any other audio or framebuffer patches in your config.plist such as in KextToPatch or elsewhere

Last edited:
Back