CPU
Intel i5-4200u
Graphics
HD4400
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
this is the only option i have in my bios in terms of booting option. if i switch to legacy i won't be able to boot to clover in my ssd as it's installed as only UEFI boot.

unfortunately i don't have option to enable legacy support then boot UEFI at the same time. am i making sense? again, sorry I'm new and inexperienced.
Hi. Legacy gonna be CSM in your case. MacbookPro is a bad choice, use MacBookAir6,2. You can use my Clover folder for my Asus for your reference from my Signature.

From my Clover folder
Do not use :
1. SSDT-EC.aml and any patches for EC
2. DSDT.AML you do not need to patch yours for now (only needed for battery patch if not working OOB)
3. Do not use any other patched ACPI tables.
4. SSDT-EHCoff.aml this one disables usb2.0. I have not got any.
5. USBPorts.kext cause this is there my USB 3.0 configured use USBInjectAll.kext and might be XHCI-unsupported.kext

Can use SSDT-CpuPm, but change settings like in my original config. And drop SSDT-2-VAIO.aml, SSDT-3-VAIO.aml and SSDT-4-VAIO.aml
<key>PluginType</key>
<false/>

Bios settings:

Advanced:
Internal Pointing Device: Enabled
Intel Virtualization Technology : Enabled
Wake on Lid open:Enabled
Power off energy saving: Enabled
Intel AES-NI: Disabled
SATA mode selection :AHCI

Graphics Configuration:
DVMT Pre-Allocated :64M

USB Configuration:
Legacy USB: Enables
xHCI Pre-Boot Mode: Smart Auto

Boot Configuration:

Launch CSM: Enabled
Secure Boot: Disabled

Last edited:
Motherboard
SONY VAIO PRO 13
CPU
i5-4200U
Graphics
HD 4400
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi. Legacy gonna be CSM in your case. MacbookPro is a bad choice, use MacBookAir6,2. You can use my Clover folder for my Asus for your reference from my Signature.

From my Clover folder
Do not use :
1. SSDT-EC.aml and any patches for EC
2. DSDT.AML you do not need to patch yours for now (only needed for battery patch if not working OOB)
3. Do not use any other patched ACPI tables.
4. SSDT-EHCoff.aml this one disables usb2.0. I have not got any.
5. USBPorts.kext cause this is there my USB 3.0 configured use USBInjectAll.kext and might be XHCI-unsupported.kext

Can use SSDT-CpuPm, but change settings like in my original config. And drop SSDT-2-VAIO.aml, SSDT-3-VAIO.aml and SSDT-4-VAIO.aml
<key>PluginType</key>
<false/>

Bios settings:

Advanced:
Internal Pointing Device: Enabled
Intel Virtualization Technology : Enabled
Wake on Lid open:Enabled
Power off energy saving: Enabled
Intel AES-NI: Disabled
SATA mode selection :AHCI

Graphics Configuration:
DVMT Pre-Allocated :64M

USB Configuration:
Legacy USB: Enables
xHCI Pre-Boot Mode: Smart Auto

Boot Configuration:

Launch CSM: Enabled
Secure Boot: Disabled
wow thank you for such detailed instructions!! i really appreciate your effort in writing them. I'll try it when i got chance and report the result.

one thing i notice is that i don't have option is to set DVMT pre allocated from bios. I'll have to do that via config.plist in device properties.

Motherboard
Asus Q501LA
CPU
Intel i5-4200u
Graphics
HD4400
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
wow thank you for such detailed instructions!! i really appreciate your effort in writing them. I'll try it when i got chance and report the result.

one thing i notice is that i don't have option is to set DVMT pre allocated from bios. I'll have to do that via config.plist in device properties.
It should be 64MB by default in Haswell systems. You can open bios file in AMIBCP program and have a look inside hidden Advanced settings.

Motherboard
Z390M-ITX/ac
CPU
i7-9700K
Graphics
Vega 64
Looking for some assistance. I switched from iMacPro1,1 to iMac19,1 in order to use sidecar. Since there I have issues with random black screen that can't be woken from. Sleep is disabled.

I have tried patching frame buffer in different ways, with the same result. Can someone look at my config and offer some advice?

thanks

Attachments

• debug_6405.zip
    2.9 MB · Views: 32
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
Vega 56
Mac
  1. iMac
Classic Mac
  1. LC
  2. Power Mac
  3. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have a similar rig as yours. I just used pastrychef's and modified it a bit including patching the framebuffers, and mine worked.

I made a modified version for you. I applied the patch. I also changed out his USB Ports with the USBInjectAll, and the patches. Then he uses OCQuirks for the Aptiomemoryfix. I changed that for yours.

Try this and see if it gets your further.

Looking for some assistance. I switched from iMacPro1,1 to iMac19,1 in order to use sidecar. Since there I have issues with random black screen that can't be woken from. Sleep is disabled.

I have tried patching frame buffer in different ways, with the same result. Can someone look at my config and offer some advice?

thanks

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    23.2 MB · Views: 40
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
Vega 56
Mac
  1. iMac
Classic Mac
  1. LC
  2. Power Mac
  3. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Oops - I forgot you’re using the Asrock. That EFI will only work on a Gigabyte

I’ll give it another shot in the morning

I have a similar rig as yours. I just used pastrychef's and modified it a bit including patching the framebuffers, and mine worked.

I made a modified version for you. I applied the patch. I also changed out his USB Ports with the USBInjectAll, and the patches. Then he uses OCQuirks for the Aptiomemoryfix. I changed that for yours.

Try this and see if it gets your further.

Motherboard
Z390M-ITX/ac
CPU
i7-9700K
Graphics
Vega 64
Ah, just spent a chunk of time banging my head. ha. yeah, it wouldn't boot :)

I took the pciroot from your config and put it in my working config.plist attached. Will see how we go.

If you think it is possible to make an ASRock EFI, that'd be great. Cheers!

Attachments

• debug_3773.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 25
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
Vega 56
Mac
  1. iMac
Classic Mac
  1. LC
  2. Power Mac
  3. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I took a look at a working Asrock EFI and it seems really different from my Gigabyte. I'm not sure where to start. But it looks like you patched the framebuffers correctly. Maybe because the patch is for a different model and Asrock might be pickier than the Gigabyte. Good luck!

Motherboard
SONY VAIO PRO 13
CPU
i5-4200U
Graphics
HD 4400
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
It should be 64MB by default in Haswell systems. You can open bios file in AMIBCP program and have a look inside hidden Advanced settings.
I've just tried the changes you suggested, but I might be doing something wrong. Could you please check my clover folder if i'm following your instruction alright?

I've managed to boot legacy then use the config.plist in the attached clover folder. I think it's getting worse. I can't take picture because my screen just flicker and not displaying anything. I'm attaching 2 seconds video instead.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    3.4 MB · Views: 38
  • two_second_video.zip
    3.3 MB · Views: 33
Motherboard
Asus Q501LA
CPU
Intel i5-4200u
Graphics
HD4400
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I've just tried the changes you suggested, but I might be doing something wrong. Could you please check my clover folder if i'm following your instruction alright?

I've managed to boot legacy then use the config.plist in the attached clover folder. I think it's getting worse. I can't take picture because my screen just flicker and not displaying anything. I'm attaching 2 seconds video instead.
Try this.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    3.2 MB · Views: 35