Register

[Guide] Intel Framebuffer patching using WhateverGreen

Motherboard
Inter
CPU
Inter
Graphics
Inter
can anyone using dual monitors with hd 530 ?

Motherboard
SONY VAIO PRO 13
CPU
i5-4200U
Graphics
HD 4400
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
Android
I'm new to hackintoshing, but i'm having issue with my graphic latop on my SONY VAIO PRO 13 laptop (i5-4200U, 4GB RAM, HD4400). When I assigned the right device id for the IGPU (0x0412) my screen looks like this:
20200606_131049.jpg

In the debug zip attached, i'm booting with 0x0412 device id and 0x0a260006 platform id.
The graphic glitch doesn't affect screenshot apparently, so i'm able to see that the graphic VRAM is 1024MB when 0x0412 device id is being used.
Also 0x0412 device id allow my top bar and icon dock on the bottom to be slightly transparent. Which from my understanding that means the QE/CI is working perfectly.
1591494593199.png

I tried different configuration with my limited knowledge on framebuffer patching such as adding cursormem patch in device properties. But that doesn't do anything.
Also my bios setting is very limited. I can't set any of the DVMT memory stuff that is available on desktop motherboards. I don't have CSM option. The only thing i can change on the BIOS is VT-d and secure boot and i've turn both of them to disabled.
It's my first installation of hackintosh, I'm sorry if i don't know what i'm doing with my config.plist and DSDT/SSDT. If you see obvious problem in how i set my config.plist and DSDT patch please feel free to let me know.
Any suggestion as simple as what keyword i need to use to google this problem would be much appreciated as well.

Attachments

Feartech

Motherboard
Asus N752VX-OpenCore
CPU
i7-6700HQ / HM170
Graphics
HD 530 1920 x 1080
Mac
iMac
Mobile Phone
iOS
I'm new to hackintoshing, but i'm having issue with my graphic latop on my SONY VAIO PRO 13 laptop (i5-4200U, 4GB RAM, HD4400). When I assigned the right device id for the IGPU (0x0412) my screen looks like this:
View attachment 474400
In the debug zip attached, i'm booting with 0x0412 device id and 0x0a260006 platform id.
The graphic glitch doesn't affect screenshot apparently, so i'm able to see that the graphic VRAM is 1024MB when 0x0412 device id is being used.
Also 0x0412 device id allow my top bar and icon dock on the bottom to be slightly transparent. Which from my understanding that means the QE/CI is working perfectly.
View attachment 474401
I tried different configuration with my limited knowledge on framebuffer patching such as adding cursormem patch in device properties. But that doesn't do anything.
Also my bios setting is very limited. I can't set any of the DVMT memory stuff that is available on desktop motherboards. I don't have CSM option. The only thing i can change on the BIOS is VT-d and secure boot and i've turn both of them to disabled.
It's my first installation of hackintosh, I'm sorry if i don't know what i'm doing with my config.plist and DSDT/SSDT. If you see obvious problem in how i set my config.plist and DSDT patch please feel free to let me know.
Any suggestion as simple as what keyword i need to use to google this problem would be much appreciated as well.
using a desktop smbios is wrong on a laptop

Motherboard
SONY VAIO PRO 13
CPU
i5-4200U
Graphics
HD 4400
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
Android
using a desktop smbios is wrong on a laptop
Thank you for having a look and noticing the obvious mistake. Apology for not being clear. the config.plist that has the desktop SMBIOS was me trying different configuration (you can see how desperate i am :lol:)

I'm getting the issue when I use config_suggested.plist that use MacBookPro SMBIOS. You can tell that config.plist doesn't have device properties added. This config.plist is my current default as it uses device id 0a16 by default which allow me to use the Mac and change the config using clover configurator because it doesn't show the glitch i captured.

I'm uploading a new zip that is less confusing. Again, apology for that.

Attachments

Motherboard
Asus Sabertooth Z170 Mark 1
CPU
i7-6700K
Graphics
GTX 1070
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
have you tried legacy support enabled secure boot disabled in your bios

Motherboard
SONY VAIO PRO 13
CPU
i5-4200U
Graphics
HD 4400
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
Android
have you tried legacy support enabled secure boot disabled in your bios
Correct me if I'm wrong but my understanding, bios option CSM is legacy support enabled. I don't have such option.

What my bios option has is to switch legacy boot instead of UEFI. but that means i have to reformat my whole drive and re install mac OS in MBR partition table. but is that even possible? i thought mac can only be installed in GPT partition table?

Motherboard
Asus Sabertooth Z170 Mark 1
CPU
i7-6700K
Graphics
GTX 1070
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
Compatibility Support Module[edit]
The Compatibility Support Module (CSM) is a component of the UEFI firmware that provides legacy BIOS compatibility by emulating a BIOS environment, allowing legacy operating systems and some option ROMs that do not support UEFI to still be used.[48]

Motherboard
SONY VAIO PRO 13
CPU
i5-4200U
Graphics
HD 4400
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
Android
Compatibility Support Module[edit]
The Compatibility Support Module (CSM) is a component of the UEFI firmware that provides legacy BIOS compatibility by emulating a BIOS environment, allowing legacy operating systems and some option ROMs that do not support UEFI to still be used.[48]
this is the only option i have in my bios in terms of booting option. if i switch to legacy i won't be able to boot to clover in my ssd as it's installed as only UEFI boot.

unfortunately i don't have option to enable legacy support then boot UEFI at the same time. am i making sense? again, sorry I'm new and inexperienced.

Attachments

Motherboard
Asus Q501LA
CPU
Intel i5-4200u
Graphics
HD4400
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
this is the only option i have in my bios in terms of booting option. if i switch to legacy i won't be able to boot to clover in my ssd as it's installed as only UEFI boot.

unfortunately i don't have option to enable legacy support then boot UEFI at the same time. am i making sense? again, sorry I'm new and inexperienced.
Hi. Legacy gonna be CSM in your case. MacbookPro is a bad choice, use MacBookAir6,2. You can use my Clover folder for my Asus for your reference from my Signature.

From my Clover folder
Do not use :
1. SSDT-EC.aml and any patches for EC
2. DSDT.AML you do not need to patch yours for now (only needed for battery patch if not working OOB)
3. Do not use any other patched ACPI tables.
4. SSDT-EHCoff.aml this one disables usb2.0. I have not got any.
5. USBPorts.kext cause this is there my USB 3.0 configured use USBInjectAll.kext and might be XHCI-unsupported.kext

Can use SSDT-CpuPm, but change settings like in my original config. And drop SSDT-2-VAIO.aml, SSDT-3-VAIO.aml and SSDT-4-VAIO.aml
<key>PluginType</key>
<false/>

Bios settings:

Advanced:
Internal Pointing Device: Enabled
Intel Virtualization Technology : Enabled
Wake on Lid open:Enabled
Power off energy saving: Enabled
Intel AES-NI: Disabled
SATA mode selection :AHCI

Graphics Configuration:
DVMT Pre-Allocated :64M