i7-2600K
Graphics
HD 3000
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Overview

The purpose of this guide is to provide a step-by-step guide to installing High Sierra, Sierra, El Capitan, or Yosemite using the Sandy Bridge Intel DH67GD motherboard using Clover UEFI.

My DH67GD is configured as follows:

- Intel Core i7-2600k
- onboard HD3000 video to two monitors: Dell U3011 via DP, and Dell U2001FP via HDMI
- two 256GB SSDs (one for Windows, one for OS X)
- FL1100 based USB3 card, Inateck KTU3FR-5O2I
- LIAN LI PC-B10 (a quiet case)
- Panasonic HD-DVD, Blu-ray, DVD combo drive (usually left disconnected)
- 320mb 2.5" HDD (from a laptop, rarely used)
- Logitech wireless mouse/keyboard set

The same setup can be used with other DH67 boards: DH67BL, DH67CF, DH67VR, or DH67CL. It is also possible the same setup works for other Intel 6-series motherboards (such as DH61WW, DH61AG, etc).

I wrote a guide for Mountain Lion a long time ago: http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...-dh67gd-core-i7-2600k-hd3000-ml-10-8-2-a.html. Over time, I have upgraded to 10.9, 10.10, and now 10.11. And somewhere in there I moved to Clover UEFI.

Note: This guide will also work with Mavericks, Mountain Lion or even Lion, although that is not my primary testing target. I currently have both 10.11 and 10.7.5 on my computer. I also used Snow Leopard for a while... it worked but comes with a black screen on startup (workaround: sleep the computer, then immediately wake up... screen comes alive). This guide does use the latest kexts available though, and in particular, IntelMausiEthernet.kext does not work on earlier systems. Older builds will, as will AppleIntelE1000e.kext, but of course you will need to download that separately and install manually.

What you need

- Intel DH67xx based desktop computer
- macOS or OS X downloaded from the Mac App Store
- 16GB USB stick

BIOS settings

Make sure you have the latest BIOS (0160) from Intel installed. The UEFI implementation didn't come along until later releases.

The BIOS defaults work well, but you need to enable UEFI as it is not default.

You should also configure your SATA ports that are connected to internal devices so they are not seen as "hotplug". Otherwise, you will have incorrect icons for the devices in Finder.

Preparing USB and initial Installation

This guide assumes you're starting with nothing on your HDD/SSD (or nothing important). Make sure you backup your important files before starting.

You can also leave Windows intact, but it can get tricky. Read here for more information: http://www.tonymacx86.com/multi-booting/133940-mavericks-windows-8-same-drive-without-erasing.html

This guide for creating USB and installing using Clover UEFI works well: http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...de-booting-os-x-installer-laptops-clover.html

Use a USB with two partitions as MBR (not the single partition GPT option). This board will not boot UEFI from a GPT partitioned USB (although it will boot from a GPT partitioned HDD).

Special notes:

- This guide requires Clover v3279 or later.

- EmuVariableUefi-64.efi can be used if having OS X write to your NVRAM makes you nervous.

- Definitely copy IntelMausiEthernet.kext to Clover/kexts/Other as having network support during post-install is helpful. The rest of this guide depends on it.

- GenericUSBXHCI.kext can be used to make the NEC/Renasas ports limp along, but you should use an Intel USB2 port to install. For reliable USB3, install an FL1100 card as mentioned previously. I disable the NEC/Renasas chip in BIOS.

- You do not need VoodooPS2Controller.kext as it is laptop specific.

- Use the 'createinstallmedia' approach. It works well, and there is little chance for pilot error. This method also gives you an OS X recovery partition.

- Use the config_install.plist linked by this post instead of the laptop specific config.plist files linked by the guide. Make sure you copy it to EFI/Clover/config.plist (after installing Clover). Clover will not read a file named config_install.plist.

For installation, config_install.plist: https://github.com/RehabMan/Intel-DH67XX-DSDT-Patch/raw/master/config_install.plist

Post Installation

Install Clover UEFI as described in the guide linked by the previous section (post #2). After installing Clover, and configuring it correctly (config.plist, kexts, HFSPlus.efi, etc) you should be able to boot from the HDD/SSD.

Most everything works, but there are a few things to tidy up, drivers to install, etc. For that, we need to patch ACPI, provide a proper config.plist, and install the kexts that are required.

Since you have IntelMausiEthernet.kext already injected by Clover, you should have internet access simply by using an Ethernet cable to your router. Plug it in and make sure you have internet access before continuing.

Installation of the tools and patching is easy provided the scripts and tools at the repository: https://github.com/RehabMan/Intel-DH67XX-DSDT-Patch

To start, the developer tools must be installed. Run Terminal, and type:

Code:
git

You will be prompted to install the developer tools. Since you have internet working, you can choose to have it download and install them automatically. Do that before continuing.

After the developer tools are installed, we need to make a copy of the project on github.

In Terminal:
Code:
mkdir ~/Projects
cd ~/Projects
git clone https://github.com/RehabMan/Intel-DH67XX-DSDT-Patch.git dh67.git

Now it is time to install some more tools and all the kexts that are required...

In Terminal:
Code:
cd ~/Projects/dh67.git
./download.sh
./install_downloads.sh

The download.sh script will automatically gather the latest version of all tools (patchmatic, iasl, MaciASL) and all the kexts from bitbucket. The install_downloads.sh will automatically install them to the proper locations.

To finish the setup, we need a correctly patched DSDT/SSDT.

In Terminal:
Code:
cd ~/Projects/dh67.git
make
make install

The 'make' causes the patched files to be compiled (with iasl), the results placed in ./build.

Finally, 'make install', mounts the EFI partition, and copies the built files where they can be loaded by Clover (to EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched).

Note: No actual patching of DSDT/SSDT is happening here. We are simply building an SSDT (SSDT-HACK.aml) which provides the necessary changes. This is becuase the DH67-series requires only minimal patching so a full patched DSDT is not needed.

Power Management

Use the ssdtPRgen.sh script by Pike R. Alpha: https://github.com/Piker-Alpha/ssdtPRGen.sh

Instructions for using it are provided in the README.

The generated SSDT.aml should be placed on the EFI partition at /EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched/SSDT.aml.

Based on the current instructions at the README, what follows is a synopsis...

To prepare, you only need to do the first two commands:
Code:
cd ~/Projects/dh67.git
curl -o ./ssdtPRGen.sh https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Piker-Alpha/ssdtPRGen.sh/master/ssdtPRGen.sh
chmod +x ./ssdtPRGen.sh

Then you can run the script:
Code:
./ssdtPRGen.sh

When it asks if you want to copy to /Extra just respond 'n'. Same for opening ssdt.dsl... respond 'n'.

The results are at ~/Library/ssdtPRgen/SSDT.aml.

Copy that file to EFI partition, /EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched/SSDT.aml

Code:
cd ~/Projects/dh67.git
./mount_efi.sh
cp ~/Library/ssdtPRgen/ssdt.aml /Volumes/EFI/EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched/SSDT.aml

Also, be aware that hibernation (suspend to disk or S4 sleep) is not supported on hackintosh.

You should disable it:
Code:
sudo pmset -a hibernatemode 0
sudo rm /var/vm/sleepimage
sudo mkdir /var/vm/sleepimage

Always check your hibernatemode after updates and disable it. System updates tend to re-enable it, although the trick above (making sleepimage a directory) tends to help.

Final config.plist

Up to now, you've been using the same config.plist we were using for installation. After all the APCI files are in place (previous two steps), you're ready to use the final config.plist from the DH67xx repo.

First, mount the EFI partition:
Code:
cd ~/Projects/dh67.git
./mount_efi.sh

Then copy the file:
Code:
cd ~/Projects/dh67.git
cp config.plist /Volumes/EFI/EFI/Clover/config.plist

You could also copy the file using Finder.

After copying the config.plist from the repo to EFI/Clover/config.plist, you should customize the SMBIOS so you have a unique serial. You can use Clover Configurator to do this (use google to find/download it). DO NOT use Clover Configurator to edit your actual config.plist. Instead edit a "dummy" config.plist to create the SMBIOS data and then use copy/paste with a plist editor (I use Xcode) to copy the SMBIOS section into my active config.plist. Clover Configurator is too buggy and cannot be trusted with edits to your real config.plist.

Note: The config.plist in the repo is using Macmini5,1. It works. Personally, I use Macmini5,3. I don't think it matters.

Do not stop reading

Although most of the post-install tasks are done, continue to read this guide. It it has important information you should know about.

Be sure to visit "Known Problems", especially the instructions in the "Audio:" section. Typically, even after completing all the above tasks, audio will not work on the first reboot. You must follow the specific instructions in that section in order to get the audio kexts in cache.

In the case of a problem, don't bother asking about with without all files requested in "Problem Reporting".

Updates to the patch repositories

From time to time, updates may become available to the DH67xx repository. In the event of such updates, you may want to update your copies, and re-patch ACPI with the updates.

Since you're using git, it is easy...

In Terminal:
Code:
cd ~/Projects/dh67.git
git pull

Then you can follow the instructions for updating config.plist or using 'make install' to copy the updated SSDT-HACK.aml.

Updates to kexts may happen at any time. You can download and install the latest versions manually (by going to their respective release sites), or by using ./download.sh, and ./install_downloads.sh.

What works

I have tested the following features:
- UEFI booting via Clover
- HDMI+DP port for dual monitors
- AirPlay mirroring to AppleTV
- native USB3/USB2 with AppleUSBXHCI/AppleUSBEHCI
- native audio with AppleHDA [see below, "Known Problems"]
- native power management
- accelerated graphics for HD3000 including OpenCL
- wired Ethernet
- Mac App Store working
- Messages/FaceTime (working on 10.10.3 even though I didn't run through the guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-help/110471-how-fix-imessage.html)

Not tested/not working

The following features have issues, or have not been tested:
- did not test HDMI or DP audio
- did not test optical audio out
- have not front port audio connections

Known Problems

Find My Mac/Locking: Find My Mac does not work properly. Don't lock your mac because it's difficult (or impossible) to unlock again.

Audio: After installing new/updated kexts or after the initial installation, you may lose audio.

To fix:
- reboot without caches (hit space at Clover, select without caches)
- rebuild cache
Code:
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /
- reboot normally (if needed, two times)

Other post-install tasks

N/A

Major updates

For example... 10.10 to 10.11.

First step should be to update to the latest repository.

To do so:
Code:
cd ~/Projects/dh67.git
git stash
git pull
make
make install
./download.sh
./install_downloads.sh

Also update Clover to the latest using the Clover installer. Be sure to fix EFI/Clover/kexts, so that only EFI/Clover/kexts/Other is existing. All version specific directories under EFI/Clover/kexts should be removed.

Also update config.plist at EFI/Clover/config.plist to the latest content from the repo. Be sure to retain your own SMBIOS data at config.plist/SMBIOS.

Now you can update via the App Store. Just boot the installer/updater upon restart.

After updating, run ./install_downloads.sh again:
Code:
cd ~/Projects/dh67.git
./install_downloads.sh

Problem reporting

Other problem reports should be accompanied by various files that allow your progress to be accounted for...

In terminal,
Code:
rm -Rf ~/Downloads/RehabMan
mkdir ~/Downloads/RehabMan
cd ~/Downloads/RehabMan
patchmatic -extract

Post contents of Downloads/RehabMan directory (as ZIP).

Also, post ioreg as ZIP: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

And output from:
Code:
kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu
kextstat|grep -y applelpc
kextstat|grep -y applehda

Also output from:
Code:
ls -l /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/Resources/*.zml*

Also, press F4 at the main Clover screen, then compress and post the EFI/CLOVER folder in use. And please, in order to reduce the size, omit EFI/Clover/themes... especially if you have an overabundance of themes installed.

Also post output of:
Code:

Compress all files as ZIP. Do not use external links. Attach all files using site attachments only.

Last edited:
Overview

The purpose of this guide is to provide a step-by-step guide to installing High Sierra, Sierra, El Capitan, or Yosemite using the Sandy Bridge Intel DH67GD motherboard using Clover UEFI.

My DH67GD is configured as follows:

- Intel Core i7-2600k
- onboard HD3000 video to two monitors: Dell U3011 via DP, and Dell U2001FP via HDMI
- two 256GB SSDs (one for Windows, one for OS X)
- FL1100 based USB3 card, Inateck KTU3FR-5O2I
- LIAN LI PC-B10 (a quiet case)
- Panasonic HD-DVD, Blu-ray, DVD combo drive (usually left disconnected)
- 320mb 2.5" HDD (from a laptop, rarely used)
- Logitech wireless mouse/keyboard set

The same setup can be used with other DH67 boards: DH67BL, DH67CF, DH67VR, or DH67CL. It is also possible the same setup works for other Intel 6-series motherboards (such as DH61WW, DH61AG, etc).

I wrote a guide for Mountain Lion a long time ago: http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...-dh67gd-core-i7-2600k-hd3000-ml-10-8-2-a.html. Over time, I have upgraded to 10.9, 10.10, and now 10.11. And somewhere in there I moved to Clover UEFI.

Note: This guide will also work with Mavericks, Mountain Lion or even Lion, although that is not my primary testing target. I currently have both 10.11 and 10.7.5 on my computer. I also used Snow Leopard for a while... it worked but comes with a black screen on startup (workaround: sleep the computer, then immediately wake up... screen comes alive). This guide does use the latest kexts available though, and in particular, IntelMausiEthernet.kext does not work on earlier systems. Older builds will, as will AppleIntelE1000e.kext, but of course you will need to download that separately and install manually.

What you need

- Intel DH67xx based desktop computer
- macOS or OS X downloaded from the Mac App Store
- 16GB USB stick

BIOS settings

Make sure you have the latest BIOS (0160) from Intel installed. The UEFI implementation didn't come along until later releases.

The BIOS defaults work well, but you need to enable UEFI as it is not default.

You should also configure your SATA ports that are connected to internal devices so they are not seen as "hotplug". Otherwise, you will have incorrect icons for the devices in Finder.

Preparing USB and initial Installation

This guide assumes you're starting with nothing on your HDD/SSD (or nothing important). Make sure you backup your important files before starting.

You can also leave Windows intact, but it can get tricky. Read here for more information: http://www.tonymacx86.com/multi-booting/133940-mavericks-windows-8-same-drive-without-erasing.html

This guide for creating USB and installing using Clover UEFI works well: http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...de-booting-os-x-installer-laptops-clover.html

Use a USB with two partitions as MBR (not the single partition GPT option). This board will not boot UEFI from a GPT partitioned USB (although it will boot from a GPT partitioned HDD).

Special notes:

- This guide requires Clover v3279 or later.

- EmuVariableUefi-64.efi can be used if having OS X write to your NVRAM makes you nervous.

- Definitely copy IntelMausiEthernet.kext to Clover/kexts/Other as having network support during post-install is helpful. The rest of this guide depends on it.

- GenericUSBXHCI.kext can be used to make the NEC/Renasas ports limp along, but you should use an Intel USB2 port to install. For reliable USB3, install an FL1100 card as mentioned previously. I disable the NEC/Renasas chip in BIOS.

- You do not need VoodooPS2Controller.kext as it is laptop specific.

- Use the 'createinstallmedia' approach. It works well, and there is little chance for pilot error. This method also gives you an OS X recovery partition.

- Use the config_install.plist linked by this post instead of the laptop specific config.plist files linked by the guide. Make sure you copy it to EFI/Clover/config.plist (after installing Clover). Clover will not read a file named config_install.plist.

For installation, config_install.plist: https://github.com/RehabMan/Intel-DH67XX-DSDT-Patch/raw/master/config_install.plist

Post Installation

Install Clover UEFI as described in the guide linked by the previous section (post #2). After installing Clover, and configuring it correctly (config.plist, kexts, HFSPlus.efi, etc) you should be able to boot from the HDD/SSD.

Most everything works, but there are a few things to tidy up, drivers to install, etc. For that, we need to patch ACPI, provide a proper config.plist, and install the kexts that are required.

Since you have IntelMausiEthernet.kext already injected by Clover, you should have internet access simply by using an Ethernet cable to your router. Plug it in and make sure you have internet access before continuing.

Installation of the tools and patching is easy provided the scripts and tools at the repository: https://github.com/RehabMan/Intel-DH67XX-DSDT-Patch

To start, the developer tools must be installed. Run Terminal, and type:

Code:
git

You will be prompted to install the developer tools. Since you have internet working, you can choose to have it download and install them automatically. Do that before continuing.

After the developer tools are installed, we need to make a copy of the project on github.

In Terminal:
Code:
mkdir ~/Projects
cd ~/Projects
git clone https://github.com/RehabMan/Intel-DH67XX-DSDT-Patch.git dh67.git

Now it is time to install some more tools and all the kexts that are required...

In Terminal:
Code:
cd ~/Projects/dh67.git
./download.sh
./install_downloads.sh

The download.sh script will automatically gather the latest version of all tools (patchmatic, iasl, MaciASL) and all the kexts from bitbucket. The install_downloads.sh will automatically install them to the proper locations.

To finish the setup, we need a correctly patched DSDT/SSDT.

In Terminal:
Code:
cd ~/Projects/dh67.git
make
make install

The 'make' causes the patched files to be compiled (with iasl), the results placed in ./build.

Finally, 'make install', mounts the EFI partition, and copies the built files where they can be loaded by Clover (to EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched).

Note: No actual patching of DSDT/SSDT is happening here. We are simply building an SSDT (SSDT-HACK.aml) which provides the necessary changes. This is becuase the DH67-series requires only minimal patching so a full patched DSDT is not needed.

Power Management

Use the ssdtPRgen.sh script by Pike R. Alpha: https://github.com/Piker-Alpha/ssdtPRGen.sh

Instructions for using it are provided in the README.

The generated SSDT.aml should be placed on the EFI partition at /EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched/SSDT.aml.

Based on the current instructions at the README, what follows is a synopsis...

To prepare, you only need to do the first two commands:
Code:
cd ~/Projects/dh67.git
curl -o ./ssdtPRGen.sh https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Piker-Alpha/ssdtPRGen.sh/master/ssdtPRGen.sh
chmod +x ./ssdtPRGen.sh

Then you can run the script:
Code:
./ssdtPRGen.sh

When it asks if you want to copy to /Extra just respond 'n'. Same for opening ssdt.dsl... respond 'n'.

The results are at ~/Library/ssdtPRgen/SSDT.aml.

Copy that file to EFI partition, /EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched/SSDT.aml

Code:
cd ~/Projects/dh67.git
sudo ./mount_efi.sh /
cp ~/Library/ssdtPRgen/ssdt.aml /Volumes/EFI/EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched/SSDT.aml

Also, be aware that hibernation (suspend to disk or S4 sleep) is not supported on hackintosh.

You should disable it:
Code:
sudo pmset -a hibernatemode 0
sudo rm /var/vm/sleepimage
sudo mkdir /var/vm/sleepimage

Always check your hibernatemode after updates and disable it. System updates tend to re-enable it, although the trick above (making sleepimage a directory) tends to help.

Final config.plist

Up to now, you've been using the same config.plist we were using for installation. After all the APCI files are in place (previous two steps), you're ready to use the final config.plist from the DH67xx repo.

First, mount the EFI partition:
Code:
cd ~/Projects/dh67.git
sudo ./mount_efi.sh /

Then copy the file:
Code:
cd ~/Projects/dh67.git
cp config.plist /Volumes/EFI/EFI/Clover/config.plist

You could also copy the file using Finder.

After copying the config.plist from the repo to EFI/Clover/config.plist, you should customize the SMBIOS so you have a unique serial. You can use Clover Configurator to do this (use google to find/download it). DO NOT use Clover Configurator to edit your actual config.plist. Instead edit a "dummy" config.plist to create the SMBIOS data and then use copy/paste with a plist editor (I use Xcode) to copy the SMBIOS section into my active config.plist. Clover Configurator is too buggy and cannot be trusted with edits to your real config.plist.

Note: The config.plist in the repo is using Macmini5,1. It works. Personally, I use Macmini5,3. I don't think it matters.

Do not stop reading

Although most of the post-install tasks are done, continue to read this guide. It it has important information you should know about.

Be sure to visit "Known Problems", especially the instructions in the "Audio:" section. Typically, even after completing all the above tasks, audio will not work on the first reboot. You must follow the specific instructions in that section in order to get the audio kexts in cache.

In the case of a problem, don't bother asking about with without all files requested in "Problem Reporting".

Updates to the patch repositories

From time to time, updates may become available to the DH67xx repository. In the event of such updates, you may want to update your copies, and re-patch ACPI with the updates.

Since you're using git, it is easy...

In Terminal:
Code:
cd ~/Projects/dh67.git
git pull

Then you can follow the instructions for updating config.plist or using 'make install' to copy the updated SSDT-HACK.aml.

Updates to kexts may happen at any time. You can download and install the latest versions manually (by going to their respective release sites), or by using ./download.sh, and ./install_downloads.sh.

What works

I have tested the following features:
- UEFI booting via Clover
- HDMI+DP port for dual monitors
- AirPlay mirroring to AppleTV
- native USB3/USB2 with AppleUSBXHCI/AppleUSBEHCI
- native audio with AppleHDA [see below, "Known Problems"]
- native power management
- accelerated graphics for HD3000 including OpenCL
- wired Ethernet
- Mac App Store working
- Messages/FaceTime (working on 10.10.3 even though I didn't run through the guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-help/110471-how-fix-imessage.html)

Not tested/not working

The following features have issues, or have not been tested:
- did not test HDMI or DP audio
- did not test optical audio out
- have not front port audio connections

Known Problems

Find My Mac/Locking: Find My Mac does not work properly. Don't lock your mac because it's difficult (or impossible) to unlock again.

Audio: After installing new/updated kexts or after the initial installation, you may lose audio.

To fix:
- reboot without caches (hit space at Clover, select without caches)
- rebuild cache
Code:
- reboot normally (if needed, two times)

Other post-install tasks

N/A

Major updates

For example... 10.10 to 10.11.

First step should be to update to the latest repository.

To do so:
Code:
cd ~/Projects/dh67.git
git stash
git pull
make
make install
./download.sh
./install_downloads.sh

Also update Clover to the latest using the Clover installer. Be sure to fix EFI/Clover/kexts, so that only EFI/Clover/kexts/Other is existing. All version specific directories under EFI/Clover/kexts should be removed.

Also update config.plist at EFI/Clover/config.plist to the latest content from the repo. Be sure to retain your own SMBIOS data at config.plist/SMBIOS.

Now you can update via the App Store. Just boot the installer/updater upon restart.

After updating, run ./install_downloads.sh again:
Code:
cd ~/Projects/dh67.git
./install_downloads.sh

Problem reporting

Other problem reports should be accompanied by various files that allow your progress to be accounted for...

In terminal,
Code:
rm -Rf ~/Downloads/RehabMan
mkdir ~/Downloads/RehabMan
cd ~/Downloads/RehabMan
patchmatic -extract

Post contents of Downloads/RehabMan directory (as ZIP).

Also, post ioreg as ZIP: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

And output from:
Code:
kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu
kextstat|grep -y applelpc
kextstat|grep -y applehda

Also output from:
Code:
ls -l /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/Resources/*.zml*

Also, press F4 at the main Clover screen, then compress and post the EFI/CLOVER folder in use. And please, in order to reduce the size, omit EFI/Clover/themes... especially if you have an overabundance of themes installed.

Also post output of:
Code:

Compress all files as ZIP. Do not use external links. Attach all files using site attachments only.

Hi mate. So im having a issue with Sleep ever since updating. When i put the machine into sleep then wake it up all that happens is the Hard Drive Activity Light flickers no response on Keyboard. When i hard reboot the machine and get to Clover when booting the machine after Clover it'll reboot then boot into macOS normally. I have Pressed F2 at Clover when this activity happened hopefully the Bootlog will tell you what that reboot problem is at Clover. Sleep worked perfectly fine with 10.11 & 10.12 but 10.13 is a different Story. Ive also done a clean install on a test drive but same problem. Here are the Files for you mate.

Thank you.

Jack.

Attachments

• files.zip
    2.1 MB · Views: 379
Hi mate. So im having a issue with Sleep ever since updating. When i put the machine into sleep then wake it up all that happens is the Hard Drive Activity Light flickers no response on Keyboard. When i hard reboot the machine and get to Clover when booting the machine after Clover it'll reboot then boot into macOS normally. I have Pressed F2 at Clover when this activity happened hopefully the Bootlog will tell you what that reboot problem is at Clover. Sleep worked perfectly fine with 10.11 & 10.12 but 10.13 is a different Story. Ive also done a clean install on a test drive but same problem. Here are the Files for you mate.

Thank you.

Jack.

Your config looks ok, but:
- remove FakeSMC sensor kexts (I never use them and this guide does not install them)
- check BIOS settings (esp. as related to the IGPU)
- you might need custom SSDT for USBInjectAll.kext (I never needed one when I had this desktop, but you never know... 10.13 could be different)
- remove unneeded devices such as USB audio, bluetooth, etc
- try connecting the monitor to DP instead of HDMI
- fresh install?
- try different SSD
- use remote desktop to do further debugging/tests after wake from sleep

Your config looks ok, but:
- remove FakeSMC sensor kexts (I never use them and this guide does not install them)
- check BIOS settings (esp. as related to the IGPU)
- you might need custom SSDT for USBInjectAll.kext (I never needed one when I had this desktop, but you never know... 10.13 could be different)
- remove unneeded devices such as USB audio, bluetooth, etc
- try connecting the monitor to DP instead of HDMI
- fresh install?
- try different SSD
- use remote desktop to do further debugging/tests after wake from sleep

The machine will no longer boot. Keeps getting stuck at OsxAptioFixDrv Error. Think High Sierra isn’t going to work on this machine.

I can't get to the Desktop from a USB neither. i think High Sierra has done something to the SSD. The SSD doesn't get seen at Clover or the BIOS.

Sounds like hardware failure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back