Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel Broadwell NUC5 using Clover UEFI (NUC5i5MHYE, NUC5i3MYHE, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I used thread #120 opencore EFI ZIP file on my NUC5i5MYHE, the system is able to upgrade from Catalina to BigSur.

But the system is no audio, do you have any suggestion?

I copy the worked AppleALC to EFI kext directory, but the issue is not fixed.

Thank you!
I upgraded to the latest lilu and AppleALC and got my audio to work in BigSur

With current OpenCore, NvmeFix, Lilu, Whatevergreen and AppleALC, etc. Big Sur runs perfect on these NUCs.

Also just for reference, there is a alpha WiFi driver (Emulates AirPort Extreme support) for these NUC's WiFi cards to work and Bluetooth kext's to enable native BT support with the same chip.

nuc5i3mybe with bigsur opencore 0.6.4
windows with bootcamp :)
wifi/bluetooth with dw1560
All work fine except volume adjustment with hdmi. But work with bluetooth devices.

muss add s/n in SMBIOS section.
used:

Attachments

• bigsur.png
    bigsur.png
    482.8 KB · Views: 266
  • Install-EFI.zip
    6.5 MB · Views: 611
I had a well working NUC 5i5MYHE with the m.2 BT+WiFi card. Then I made the mistake to just upgraded Clover without thinking and of course I could not boot. Now I recovered slightly by copying the EFI folder from post #114 using UEFI shell.

My only remaining problem now is that Bluetooth does not work anymore. Any suggestion how to move forward from here? Should I just move to OC and use the EFI folder from post #120?

I had a well working NUC 5i5MYHE with the m.2 BT+WiFi card. Then I made the mistake to just upgraded Clover without thinking and of course I could not boot. Now I recovered slightly by copying the EFI folder from post #114 using UEFI shell.

My only remaining problem now is that Bluetooth does not work anymore. Any suggestion how to move forward from here? Should I just move to OC and use the EFI folder from post #120?
Which wifi card have you?
Check if Bluetooth not disabled in bios.

I have the BCM94352Z. In any case I found that Clover installer had made a complete backup of the EFI folder before the upgrade so once I was able to boot it was easy to do a complete restore.

Success! I built an Open Core based EFI for my NUC5i7RYH. for more info, google open core hackintosh, very detailed guide.

Audio + sleep works (at least in Catalina, but not on Mojave, for an unclear reason)

Config.plist is missing MLB, ROM, Serial, SmUUID you have to use propertree to edit it, DO NOT USE CLOVER CONFIGURATOR, the file is different from Clover.

Hello, thank you for posting your EFI. Do you happen to have an updated one? I made one for my 5i3 NUC following the step by step instructions at Opencore, and everything is working, except for Bluetooth and wireless. I injected the kexts posted on this thread, but I still cannot get them to work.

A stupid question: What happens if I replace my EFI on my boot USB with the one you attached (changing MLB, etc)? Do I lose everything? Thank you for your help.

nuc5i3mybe with bigsur opencore 0.6.4
windows with bootcamp :)
wifi/bluetooth with dw1560
All work fine except volume adjustment with hdmi. But work with bluetooth devices.

muss add s/n in SMBIOS section.
used:
Great. I am on nuc5i3ryh, whose intel wifi is working with itlwm.kext, although I may need to reconnect to AP time to time. HeliPort is used to manage Wwifi. For an hour, didn't see any problem. EFI for OpenCore is attached.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    23.2 MB · Views: 557
Anybody was able to upgrade NUC5 to Monterey? I'm running latest version of BigSur, wonder if Monterey is reachable on this hardware. I'm reading that FakePCIID kext is no longer supported in latest MacOs.

Anybody had any luck with the upgrade. I know I'm pushing this hardware but honestly this NUC still works fine and does 90% of what I need it to do.

Hi All, Pretty old thread but I have I have Successfully installed Monterey on the NUC5i5RYK.

Its actually running pretty sweet.

SCR-20220122-e4y.png

My EFI Folder is attached. Please feel free to use (adding your own Serial, System ID etc)

I have an issue however. I cannot for the life of me get HDMI Audio working. I am using the MiniHDMI output. Headphones/Speaker output works perfectly. The output does not appear in the list of available outputs.

SCR-20220122-ego.png

I have tried all alcid overides listed for the ALC283 as listed here without joy.

Help would be much appreciated.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    18.4 MB · Views: 203
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back