Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel Broadwell NUC5 using Clover UEFI (NUC5i5MHYE, NUC5i3MYHE, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi I setup nuc 5i3 ryh and with Clover UEFI 4961 work perfect when I try run that same setup on clover 5096 system hang up, why?

Hi I setup nuc 5i3 ryh and with Clover UEFI 4961 work perfect when I try run that same setup on clover 5096 system hang up, why?

Does it hang up with about 2 minutes left on the installation? Asking for a friend....lol

5i5mybe here with 16GB RAM. Trying to get Cataline installed. Does anyone have a working EFI folder that I could use with the latest Clover? I did a successful Cataline install on NUC 8i7 and now want to give my older NUC a new lease of life as well.

Hi RehabMan
can this guide work on an intel nuc 5i7ryh?
any adaption to config.plist different with NUC5i5MHYE, NUC5i3MYHE?

Cheers Guys,

at the moment i am trying to Hackintosh an Intel NUC5i5RYK, I installed the latest Bios RYBDWi35.86A.0383.2019.1030.1528 and adjusted the bios Settings.
The NUC's components are the following:
- CPU: Intel core i5-5250U
- RAM: Samsung 16 GB 2x8 DDR3L
- SSD: Samsung M.2 NMVE 256 GB for some reason it is showing in the bios, windows 10 Pro already installed and it's working like a charm.
- WIFI and Bluetooth are unfortenatly soldered to the NUC's motherboard this should'n be a problem because i will be using a LAN Cable, I also bought an extra Bluetooth adapter for the magic Keyboard and mouse.

i prepared Mojave installation USB, and i am getting the NUC Ready.

if everythings works fine i will upload the EFI File so others can use it.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update:

everything is working like a charm .
i attached my EFI.

Screenshot 2020-03-14 at 18.36.53.png
Screenshot 2020-03-14 at 18.37.02.png
Screenshot 2020-03-14 at 18.39.35.png
Screenshot 2020-03-14 at 18.40.03.png

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    16.7 MB · Views: 318
Last edited:
@bassel.gustav Did you also try to upgrade to Catalina with this EFI?

@bassel.gustav Did you also try to upgrade to Catalina with this EFI?

at the meantime i am still using Mojave. recently there was a post about using Intel Bluetooth and Wifi, i was really excited to finally use my Nucintosh with it's full potentials. unfortunately the bluetooth worked only when applied the kexts to Clover, after i shutdown the nuc and turn it the next day on it didn't work, there is also a post here: check the links...

so still on Mojave with Lan Cable and external Bluetooth adapter :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back