Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel Broadwell NUC5 using Clover UEFI (NUC5i5MHYE, NUC5i3MYHE, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Removed.

Last edited:
I would like to update my Nuc config (Intel NUC 5i3 RYH ) which is based on this guide from @RehabMan
Everything works fine over month and also the updates to latest version 10.14.6 are stable.

Due to the fact that this guide is no longer supported ( which I very much regret) it is time to look for a solution to keep the installation up to date and stable.

I am thinking about using a clover update or change to multibeast. Does anyone have experience with this procedure, and may be some recomandations?

I would like to update my Nuc config (Intel NUC 5i3 RYH ) which is based on this guide from @RehabMan
Everything works fine over month and also the updates to latest version 10.14.6 are stable.

Due to the fact that this guide is no longer supported ( which I very much regret) it is time to look for a solution to keep the installation up to date and stable.

I am thinking about using a clover update or change to multibeast. Does anyone have experience with this procedure, and may be some recomandations?
I understand your wants to find an updated solution however this guide still works for Catalina 100%. Everything still works.

I wouldn't sweat much until the version after Catalina, and make sure to just keep a copy of the current RehabMan nuc.git with download.sh having been ran so that you have a working way to get macOS working even if his GitHub project disappears.

Last edited:
Is anyone else having an issue where when they plug in the USB Drive and go to the boot menu - and when you select the Mac OS X :pART 0 : OS boot loader it doesn't do anything and stays on that menu? Does anyone have a fix?

It’s anyone tested BCM943602BAED DW1830 can work or not?

Is anyone else having an issue where when they plug in the USB Drive and go to the boot menu - and when you select the Mac OS X :pART 0 : OS boot loader it doesn't do anything and stays on that menu? Does anyone have a fix?
I have tried more time for installing mojave (on Nuc5i3) but failed all time. I have installed el capitan first try, and then updated to mojave. And updated to Catalina tp-link bt400 work.

Last edited:
Worked flawlessly on my NUC5i3RYH with macOS Catalina! Thank you!

I"ve just installed the macOS Mojave using this method on my NUC5i5MHYE. This was the easiest hackintosh installation I ever did. Everything runs perfect, just could not get the audio working but nevertheless I use the external usb audio adapter.

Last edited:
Hi RehabMan. My nuc5i5myhe i5 5300u works perfect with Catalina, everything is as smooth as silk. I encountered one weird thing i never had using hackintoshes before. When i click About my mac and also in a system report under the graphics section, it says there that the gpu being used is intel iris 6100 instead of an intel hd 5500. Is this a bug or something else?
Thanks

Last edited:
Confirming that my Intel 5i5 ryh is running Mac Os Catalina 10.15.1, with hdmi sound, attaching my config.plist for clover, with the following kexts, in clover/kexts/other.

I noticed that I had to reboot 3 times to get the hdmi audio working.

Attachments

• config.plist
    7.2 KB · Views: 167
  • Screen Shot 2019-11-05 at 10.14.48 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-11-05 at 10.14.48 AM.png
    16.6 KB · Views: 141
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back