Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel Broadwell NUC5 using Clover UEFI (NUC5i5MHYE, NUC5i3MYHE, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi! Rehabman. I followed the guide perfectly and was able to reach up to post installation with ./download.sh
I am stuck at this portion. There seems to be a problem with the repositories listed on the download.sh, most of the repository will have curl: (56) LibreSSL SSL_read: SSL_ERROR_SYSCALL, errno 54 errors. Tried to download some of the repositories manually but still cant seem to download some of them like the FakeSMC, IntelMausiEthernet and BrcmPatchRam.

Just tested download.sh here... it works just fine. No such errors that I can reproduce.

Really having a hard time downloading this post-installation patches via download.sh
Is there other repositories where I can download this required kexts.

You should fix your internet connection.

This guide has nothing to do with VirtualBox.

it was just a test.

at the end I used easy partition to force intel nuc to boot from usb drive, it was the only solution and it's working.

Note that you have some sleep preventers:
Code:
Listed by owning process:
   pid 323(Google Chrome): [0x0000008200018181] 00:41:56 NoIdleSleepAssertion named: "WebRTC has active PeerConnections"
   pid 628(screensharingd): [0x000007ef0007825d] 00:10:16 PreventSystemSleep named: "Remote user is connected"
   pid 628(screensharingd): [0x000007ef0009825e] 00:00:00 UserIsActive named: "Remote user active"
   Timeout will fire in 600 secs Action=TimeoutActionRelease
   pid 151(coreaudiod): [0x0000002500018093] 00:43:30 PreventUserIdleSystemSleep named: "com.apple.audio.AppleHDAEngineOutputDP:3,0,1,1:0:{2D4C-0F13-01000E00}.context.preventuseridlesleep"
   Created for PID: 401.
   pid 151(coreaudiod): [0x0000002500018083] 00:43:30 PreventUserIdleSystemSleep named: "com.apple.audio.SoundflowerEngine:0.context.preventuseridlesleep"
   pid 151(coreaudiod): [0x0000002500058094] 00:43:30 PreventUserIdleDisplaySleep named: "com.apple.audio.AppleHDAEngineOutputDP:3,0,1,1:0:{2D4C-0F13-01000E00}.context.preventuseridledisplaysleep"
Kernel Assertions: 0x4=USB

You might want to do a fresh install to be certain 3rd party software you installed is not having an impact.

Hi @RehabMan, hi all,

It's a bit old, but here's what I did:

Following your advices, I disabled trim, removed SoundFlower, checked the BIOS and even updated it, but none solved the crashing problem.

What solved it, is deleting all the com.apple.PowerManagement.* plist files in /Library/Preferences/ and rebooting.

Hope this can help others...

Thanks.

Last edited:
Dear,

I was happily running OSX 10.12 for about 3 years without any real problems.
Recently I started noticing some problems: Every couple of days, the computer refused to return from Sleep mode.

Therefor I decided to upgrade my machine to the latest Clover and OSX (10.14.4).
I followed the Guide and all went reasonably fine.

However, problems persisted and got even worse.
At this point the machine freezes quite often, also when not in sleep.
Then the spinning beach ball arrives and there is nothing you can do (I tried remote login over SSH, but that also fails).

I attach the logs as generated by "gen_debug".
In these logs there are two occurrences of the machine freezing.

1) 01/04/2019 at 20h30 (+- 10 minutes) local time (UTC+2)
2) 02/04/2019 at 19h40 (+- 10 minutes) local time (UTC+2)

If you would find anything peculiar in the logs, I would be most grateful.

Regards,

Filip

Attachments

• debug_29067.zip
    2.1 MB · Views: 113
@RehabMan, thank you for these detailed guides. Though it did take me a while, careful reading and backtracking through the steps when things went off the rails was invaluable in getting my first few hackintosh attempts up and running. Understanding the hardware really is key.. ;)

I wanted to add a few pointers that I discovered in my specific build, in case other users have the same NUC model I have. I successfully got Mac OS Mojave installed on a NUC5i7RYHN kit with 160 Gig M.2 SSD and 8 Gig ram, but there were a few gotcha's..

1. This, and other NUC BIOS apparently, don't always play nice with older HD displays. If you find that you cannot see post NUC logo or visual BIOS screens unless you use a mini-displayport to VGA adapter, then you might have this issue. This had me pulling my hair out trying to figure out what I was doing wrong. Just use another monitor.

2. My specific NUC kit has one mini-HDMI and one mini-displayport video. The processor is a i7-5557U and the GPU is Intel Iris 6100, which is a bit of an oddity on the Apple Mac hardware side. The only mac model with this processor is the MacBookPro12,1. MacTracker is your best friend for reverse searches for processors and Mac models. Once I had this model in my config.plist, it greatly eased my install setup.

Thanks again for all the great information. Cheers!

pm

Trying to clean install Mojave to the Broadwell NUC5i5MYHE, but I can't reach the final step of the installation process.
I have attached my EFI configuration of the installer USB. I can boot the installer and start the installation. But after two reboots (and selecting boot macOS install from "mypartition"), the process always gets stuck.
Is there something wrong with my EFI config ?

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    2.2 MB · Views: 122
do
You have both the connector-type patches enabled (for @1 and @2).
Note both framebuffer-con1-type and framebuffer-con2-type enabled:
View attachment 359448
While that makes sense if both ports were HDMI, you say one of them is DP.
So, at a minimum you could disable the patch for the connector associated with the DP port. Assuming the native data for the connector is DP. If it is not native DP, then change the data for that connector to DP <00 04 00 00>.

how solve this problem?
I have same problem with you.
thanks

Hi all, I'm new to this site and hackintoshing, but am having a go on my broadwell NUC. I've been following the instructions here as closely as I can, but cannot seem to get my box to boot after installation. Everything was successful for the first two install boots, but then the screen became garbled towards the end of the first reboot after install (booting from the install partition, and not the installer). I've applied the screen garble fix that I've seen referenced here to my config.plist, but I'm still not able to get past the apple logo boot loader. Right now, it seems to sleep 3 times for 4 minutes each at the "appleacpicpu" busy timeout, then land into the apple logo, with a cursor. Clicking once causes the cursor to disappear, and tapping on any key causes the screen to flash. No other progress seems to be made.

Also not sure if it's relevant, but the initial install took a long time - orders of 40-50 minutes before it got to the crashed state.

Verbose mode screenshot attached, along with my current config (let me know if I'm doing something wrong!)

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    4 MB · Views: 63
  • 20190811_135411.jpg
    20190811_135411.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 70
  • 20190811_140151.jpg
    20190811_140151.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 68
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back