Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel Broadwell NUC5 using Clover UEFI (NUC5i5MHYE, NUC5i3MYHE, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove unneeded software: com.nomachine.driver.nxau, Virtualbox

They aren’t exactly unneeded, but removing ‘em solved the issue, so they will be :) and you’re the best, as usual.

Thank you

Recently updated to Mojave from High Sierra. Followed the guide and everything works but sleep. It will go into sleep but 2 seconds later, it would wake again. Prior to the update to Mojava, sleep was working perfectly. Appreciate any help you could give. Gen debug file attached.

Attachments

• debug_1776.zip
    2.9 MB · Views: 100
Recently updated to Mojave from High Sierra. Followed the guide and everything works but sleep. It will go into sleep but 2 seconds later, it would wake again. Prior to the update to Mojava, sleep was working perfectly. Appreciate any help you could give. Gen debug file attached.

I should have read the FAQ more closely but after removing all USB devices and trying sleep, it worked! Started plugging the USB devices back in one at a time and it was discovered that the USB card reader plugged into the USB charged port was the culprit.

I should have read the FAQ more closely but after removing all USB devices and trying sleep, it worked! Started plugging the USB devices back in one at a time and it was discovered that the USB card reader plugged into the USB charged port was the culprit.

This is why always test without unneeded devices plugged in....

Note: Your profile has no hardware details. Please fix as per rules.

Hi,

THANKYOU RehabMan for your guides. These worked on a NUC5i3RYH no worries when all instructions are followed. WiFi doesn't work, but our house in cabled ;-)

It'd recommned using an 8gb USB2 and once all is done, keep it in a drawer for later.

Was using a NUC as a Linux machine, was going to dispose of it for a Mac Mini (we live in Apple eco-system) until I came across your posts/instructions. Well done and thankyou again!!

Hi Rehabman,
Thanks for your tutorial!
I already success install Mojave in my Broadwell NUC, but I'm facing some problem in audio.
No item found in sound output list like screenshoot below :
Screen Shot 2018-12-29 at 10.53.35.png

Can I know how to fix it?
Thanks

Hi Rehabman,
--------------------------------------------New post--------------------------------------------
Now, I used your github file to compile the DSDT, and added the following content to the config.plist file. I am lucky, it works perfectly, how should I find the patch again after the next system upgrade?I need your help.
XML:
<key>GUI</key>
    <dict>
        <key>ScreenResolution</key>
        <string>1280x1024</string>
    </dict>

<key>KernelAndKextPatches</key>
    <dict>
        <key>KextsToPatch</key>
        <array>
            <dict>
                <key>Comment</key>
                <string>10.14+ hd5500 boot graphics glitch patch (credit dadidi1978 & lff520520)</string>
                <key>Disabled</key>
                <false/>
                <key>Find</key>
                <data>
                AQAAdWQ=
                </data>
                <key>InfoPlistPatch</key>
                <false/>
                <key>MatchOS</key>
                <string>10.14</string>
                <key>Name</key>
                <string>IOGraphicsFamily</string>
                <key>Replace</key>
                <data>
                AQAA62Q=
                </data>
            </dict>
        </array>
    </dict>

--------------------------------------------Old Post--------------------------------------------

I use the Intel NUC5I5MYHE(2xmDP+1xLVDS) with 16G RAM,500GB WD BLACK HDD,PHILIPS BDM4350UC 4K Monitor(3840x2160 @60HZ with dp1.2) via mDP to the DP,macOS v10.14.2,Clover v4813,BIOS v0049.

Now,my computer can start normally,but when the computer starts up to the login screen,I see that the screen is glitchy like the two images attached,I have to turn off the monitor and re-open it to display the login screen normally.

In recent days,I also tried to set the IGD Minimum Memory size in the BIOS to 1GB,modify the framebuffer-stolenmem to 512MB,modify the framebuffer-fbmem to 256MB,modify the framebuffer-cursormem to 256MB,modify the framebuffer-unifiedmem to 3GB,in this case,the computer can start normally,but it looks strange,I got a wrong display size and resolution,such as 30-inch 1920x2160 or 60-inch 3840x2160 with 31MB VRAM,because my computer has PIP(Picture In Picture)/PBP(Picture By Picture) function,is it?

I don't know how to modify the NUC DVMT size,I don't find the option to set DVMT in the BIOS,I tried to inject another ig-plantform-id,but it still didn't work.

Attachments

• 2.png
    2.png
    116.5 KB · Views: 151
  • 1.png
    1.png
    581.3 KB · Views: 159
Last edited:
Hi RehabMan, I'm having the same problem as XatroX above i.e. no sound devices. I have the 5i5mhye NUC.

While trying to go through your shell scripts, is the install_downloads.sh supposed to calls the install_hdainject function (in _install_subs.sh)? I may be missing something here, I do see a bunch of work happening under the install_hda and install_hdainject functions but I'm failing to see any references to these functions (they aren't being called from anywhere).

Can you please advise?

Hi Rehabman,
I already success install Mojave in my Broadwell NUC, but I'm facing some problem in audio.
No item found in sound output list like screenshoot below :
View attachment 375705

Can I know how to fix it?
Thanks

You failed to attach any problem reporting files. Read post #1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back