Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel Broadwell NUC5 using Clover UEFI (NUC5i5MHYE, NUC5i3MYHE, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You must be certain.
Plug one device in, then look at ioreg. That will tell you which framebuffer index it is attached to.

@1 directly corresponds to patches you may do with framebuffer-con1-*
@2 directly corresponds to patches you may do with framebuffer-con2-*
Screen Shot 2018-10-28 at 09.04.45.png Screen Shot 2018-10-28 at 09.05.21.png Screen Shot 2018-10-28 at 09.06.40.png
At AppleIntelFramebuffer@1 shows Boolean True

Edit: After using -igfxnohdmi, again during boot i loose signal BUT i reconnect hdmi cable, proceed with my password (i get the ugly 1080p resolution 60 hz and no hdmi audio as expected) and i reconnect the displayport cable and finally i get 4k resolution 60hz.

Also after using -igfxnohdmi AppleIntelFramebuffer@2 shows Boolean True in IORegistry
Note: i also removed -cdfon boot argument, i thing it made no difference, only -igfxnohdmi did something new.
I think that i will have to do this reconnect-connect trick with cables from now on!

Last edited by a moderator:
View attachment 361009 View attachment 361010 View attachment 361011
At AppleIntelFramebuffer@1 shows Boolean True

Edit: After using -igfxnohdmi, again during boot i loose signal BUT i reconnect hdmi cable, proceed with my password (i get the ugly 1080p resolution 60 hz and no hdmi audio as expected) and i reconnect the displayport cable and finally i get 4k resolution 60hz.

Also after using -igfxnohdmi AppleIntelFramebuffer@2 shows Boolean True in IORegistry
Note: i also removed -cdfon boot argument, i thing it made no difference, only -igfxnohdmi did something new.
I think that i will have to do this reconnect-connect trick with cables from now on!

Don't use the search box.
Look directly at the ioreg tree on the left (scroll down as necessary).
Then take note of which framebuffer@x is used by an AppleDisplay.

Don't use the search box.
Look directly at the ioreg tree on the left (scroll down as necessary).
Then take note of which framebuffer@x is used by an AppleDisplay.
If you mean this, then it says AppleIntelFramebuffer@2

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-10-28 at 18.27.03.png
    Screen Shot 2018-10-28 at 18.27.03.png
    683.6 KB · Views: 122
Patch appropriately:
framebuffer-patch-enable=1
framebuffer-con1-enable=1
framebuffer-con1-type=<00080000>
The problem still remains, i start to believe that the monitor is the problem.
Thanks for your help! And for your time you spent on my problem!
As i remember with mac os sierra i had a similar problem at first (10.12) but it was solved by itself after 10.12.3 update

Attachments

• debug_18377.zip
    2.7 MB · Views: 102
The problem still remains, i start to believe that the monitor is the problem.
Thanks for your help! And for your time you spent on my problem!
As i remember with mac os sierra i had a similar problem at first (10.12) but it was solved by itself after 10.12.3 update

You should try -cdfon kernel flag (it is not present in your config.plist/Boot/Arguments).

I tried it but nothing happened

Check options in the monitor settings itself. Maybe there are some HDMI version related settings.

Otherwise, no further ideas... (I have no 4k monitors here).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back