Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel Broadwell NUC5 using Clover UEFI (NUC5i5MHYE, NUC5i3MYHE, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could you please help me, I have the same problem. With hdmi i only get 30 hz. So I want to use displayport to get 60 hz.
The first thing i tried was to change the framebuffer-con2-enable value from 1 to 0 but the signal was lost during boot. The second i tried was to change all three values (framebuffer-con1-enable, framebuffer-con2-enable and framebuffer-patch-enable) from 1 to 0 but signal was lost again. I have the NUC5i5ryh witch has one hdmi that support only 30 hz 4K, and one displayport 1.2 that support 60 hz 4K. My monitor is LG 27UD68-W (4K). Thanks!

Screen Shot 2018-10-26 at 10.03.03.png

Attachments

• ioreg and clover.zip
    6.8 MB · Views: 125
Could you please help me, I have the same problem. With hdmi i only get 30 hz. So I want to use displayport to get 60 hz.
The first thing i tried was to change the framebuffer-con2-enable value from 1 to 0 but the signal was lost during boot. The second i tried was to change all three values (framebuffer-con1-enable, framebuffer-con2-enable and framebuffer-patch-enable) from 1 to 0 but signal was lost again. I have the NUC5i5ryh witch has one hdmi that support only 30 hz 4K, and one displayport 1.2 that support 60 hz 4K. My monitor is LG 27UD68-W (4K). Thanks!

View attachment 360529

Add kernel flag -cdfon (to config.plist/Boot/Arguments).

I added the -cdfon but the problem still remains

Attachments

• config.plist
    6.2 KB · Views: 177

Attachments

• debug_20200.zip
    2.3 MB · Views: 98

The monitor attached at AppIntelFramebuffer@1 is attached via DP?
If so, why did you patch the connector for HDMI?
If you want it as DP, set framebuffer-con1-enable = 0.

The monitor attached at AppIntelFramebuffer@1 is attached via DP?
If so, why did you patch the connector for HDMI?
If you want it as DP, set framebuffer-con1-enable = 0.
I set framebuffer-con1-enable = 0.
When i power on the pc i use displayport but when booting, at the end, just before input password the monitor loosing the signal and never goes on. That moment the only solution is to plug in the hdmi cable and remove the displayport cable.
(With windows i can use the displayport port at 60 hz, the cable is ok.
Also, with mac os sierra i had no problem using displayport 4k 60 hz)

Attachments

• debug_11335.zip
    2.4 MB · Views: 96
I set framebuffer-con1-enable = 0.
When i power on the pc i use displayport but when booting, at the end, just before input password the monitor loosing the signal and never goes on. That moment the only solution is to plug in the hdmi cable and remove the displayport cable.
(With windows i can use the displayport port at 60 hz, the cable is ok.
Also, with mac os sierra i had no problem using displayport 4k 60 hz)

Perhaps Apple's Broadwell graphics kexts do not support 4k@60 on DP.

But...
The ioreg you attached shows a monitor connected to @1. Is that connected to DP? Or HDMI?
You're not being very clear regarding which connector is what or what the state of the ioreg file that you're attaching is.

Currently you're patching @2 for HDMI, and leaving @1 as DP.
For you to verify that it is matching the physical connectors you have.

Edit: Actually, I think your current setup is patching both connectors for HDMI, due to the fact you don't have -igfxnohdmi kernel flag.

If you have both DP and HDMI, you will need to enable the HDMI patch just for the port that is associated with the HDMI. Leave the DP connector-type as it was (DP).

I will add -igfxnohdmi to all plist files in the github project to avoid confusion caused by this extremely poor default WhateverGreen behavior.

Last edited:
Perhaps Apple's Broadwell graphics kexts do not support 4k@60 on DP.

But...
The ioreg you attached shows a monitor connected to @1. Is that connected to DP? Or HDMI?
You're not being very clear regarding which connector is what or what the state of the ioreg file that you're attaching is.

Currently you're patching @2 for HDMI, and leaving @1 as DP.
For you to verify that it is matching the physical connectors you have.

Edit: Actually, I think your current setup is patching both connectors for HDMI, due to the fact you don't have -igfxnohdmi kernel flag.

If you have both DP and HDMI, you will need to enable the HDMI patch just for the port that is associated with the HDMI. Leave the DP connector-type as it was (DP).

I will add -igfxnohdmi to all plist files in the github project to avoid confusion caused by this extremely poor default WhateverGreen behavior.
I think that @1 is hdmi. I do not know what i have to do in order to verify the physical connectors i have.
The only i know that i installed mac os mojave (fresh install) with displayport but after shut down, from the next power on i could not use displayport so i plugged in the hdmi cable.
Also, -igfxnohdmi kernel flag did not fix the problem

I think that @1 is hdmi. I do not know what i have to do in order to verify the physical connectors i have.
The only i know that i installed mac os mojave (fresh install) with displayport but after shut down, from the next power on i could not use displayport so i plugged in the hdmi cable.
Also, -igfxnohdmi kernel flag did not fix the problem

You must be certain.
Plug one device in, then look at ioreg. That will tell you which framebuffer index it is attached to.

@1 directly corresponds to patches you may do with framebuffer-con1-*
@2 directly corresponds to patches you may do with framebuffer-con2-*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back