Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel Broadwell NUC5 using Clover UEFI (NUC5i5MHYE, NUC5i3MYHE, etc)

Motherboard
Intel NUC Kit NUC5i3RYH
CPU
Intel Core i3-5010U
Graphics
Intel HD Graphics 5500
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
just try the EFI that I posted on earlier link, all the work is done there. It takes a lot of work to convert to OC.
Thanks for you EFI. I've been using a modified version of it for a while now, and with some minor upgrades to the included kexts and some minor additions to the video setup in OC's plist allows even Big Sur to run fine. I run 11.0.1 Beta on my NUC with my updated copy.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-11-02 at 8.04.54 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-11-02 at 8.04.54 AM.png
    146.7 KB · Views: 100
Last edited:
Motherboard
NUC Kit NUC8i7BEH
CPU
i7-8559U
Graphics
Iris Plus 655
Thanks for you EFI. I've been using a modified version of it for a while now, and with some minor upgrades to the included kexts and some minor additions to the video setup in OC's plist allows even Big Sur to run fine. I run 11.0.1 Beta on my NUC with my updated copy.
Nice! glad it helped.

Motherboard
INTEL NUCi5
CPU
i5 5220
Graphics
intel 6000
Mac
  1. iMac
Classic Mac
  1. 128K
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Can you share EFI OC with BigSur. So thanks

Motherboard
Intel NUC Kit NUC5i3RYH
CPU
Intel Core i3-5010U
Graphics
Intel HD Graphics 5500
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS

Last edited:
Motherboard
NUC
CPU
i5
Graphics
Nvidia
Thanks for the EFI Folder for Opencore. It works with Big Sur but how do I get the HDMI to work on nuc5i5ryh?

Motherboard
Intel NUC Kit NUC5i3RYH
CPU
Intel Core i3-5010U
Graphics
Intel HD Graphics 5500
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Thanks for the EFI Folder for Opencore. It works with Big Sur but how do I get the HDMI to work on nuc5i5ryh?
With that EFI I use a dual monitor HDMI/DP setup. I didn't have to do anything special to get HDMI working on nuc5i3ryh. You might need to play around with whatevergreen settings.

Motherboard
NUC
CPU
i5
Graphics
Nvidia
In the above post I meant HDMI audio and monitor with built in speakers. I changed the alc-layout-id and added -nogfxhdmi to nvram-->boot-args. Not sure what else to try.. I might have to try another speaker too. update: I got a DisplayPort cable and have audio working through that.

The only other things with this one is lots of Opencore logs in EFI Folder and not working yet itwlm/bluetooth kext I think because it requires secure boot, and sometimes it seems to get hot lol but I'm happy with audio working so thank-you..

Attachments

• asound.txt
    2.9 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:
Motherboard
GA Z390M
CPU
i7-8700
Graphics
R9 280X
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I used thread #120 opencore EFI ZIP file on my NUC5i5MYHE, the system is able to upgrade from Catalina to BigSur.

But the system is no audio, do you have any suggestion?

I copy the worked AppleALC to EFI kext directory, but the issue is not fixed.

Thank you!