Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel Broadwell NUC5 using Clover UEFI (NUC5i5MHYE, NUC5i3MYHE, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
just try the EFI that I posted on earlier link, all the work is done there. It takes a lot of work to convert to OC.
Thanks for you EFI. I've been using a modified version of it for a while now, and with some minor upgrades to the included kexts and some minor additions to the video setup in OC's plist allows even Big Sur to run fine. I run 11.0.1 Beta on my NUC with my updated copy.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-11-02 at 8.04.54 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-11-02 at 8.04.54 AM.png
    146.7 KB · Views: 186
Last edited:
Thanks for you EFI. I've been using a modified version of it for a while now, and with some minor upgrades to the included kexts and some minor additions to the video setup in OC's plist allows even Big Sur to run fine. I run 11.0.1 Beta on my NUC with my updated copy.
Nice! glad it helped.

Can you share EFI OC with BigSur. So thanks

Last edited:
Thanks for the EFI Folder for Opencore. It works with Big Sur but how do I get the HDMI to work on nuc5i5ryh?

Thanks for the EFI Folder for Opencore. It works with Big Sur but how do I get the HDMI to work on nuc5i5ryh?
With that EFI I use a dual monitor HDMI/DP setup. I didn't have to do anything special to get HDMI working on nuc5i3ryh. You might need to play around with whatevergreen settings.

In the above post I meant HDMI audio and monitor with built in speakers. I changed the alc-layout-id and added -nogfxhdmi to nvram-->boot-args. Not sure what else to try.. I might have to try another speaker too. update: I got a DisplayPort cable and have audio working through that.

The only other things with this one is lots of Opencore logs in EFI Folder and not working yet itwlm/bluetooth kext I think because it requires secure boot, and sometimes it seems to get hot lol but I'm happy with audio working so thank-you..

Attachments

• asound.txt
    2.9 KB · Views: 133
Last edited:
I used thread #120 opencore EFI ZIP file on my NUC5i5MYHE, the system is able to upgrade from Catalina to BigSur.

But the system is no audio, do you have any suggestion?

I copy the worked AppleALC to EFI kext directory, but the issue is not fixed.

Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back