Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel Broadwell NUC5 using Clover UEFI (NUC5i5MHYE, NUC5i3MYHE, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thanks a lot for your EFI. System now recognizes my hd6000 and the vram correctly. I set the ig platform id to 0x16260004 which seems to run better (but could be my eyes are beeing tired now working for hours on the hack :)).
In cinebench I get normal score for the processor, so I think it accelerates correctly, but still the grafik is not in the full resolution. Espacialy where the picture is high contrasted you see artefacts and the picture isn`t realy sharp. I would discribe it as "granular". But it says, that the picture is in full resolution on my tv (1920x1080). But it looks more like 720p or something like that. I'm going to buy a display port to hdmi cable tomorrow, maybe the mini hdmi port is the problem. Very frustrating, because all-in-all the system runs good.

Try my other EFI based on open core I recently posted, maybe it’ll help your your graphic issue.

Try my other EFI based on open core I recently posted, maybe it’ll help your your graphic issue.
I got it running just with changing the graphics output from MiniHDMI to MiniDP. Now with an MiniDP to HDMI Adapter everything works fine. Perfect and sharp picture. Thanks for your help again.

Can nuc5i5ryh set up catalina10.15.1 or even 10.15.6

Can nuc5i5ryh set up catalina10.15.1 or even 10.15.6

It should, I also have a NUC8 i7, which works with EFI from NUC8 i5, try it out and report back, I posted EFI a few threads back.

thread #114 for Clover
thread #120 for Open Core

It should, I also have a NUC8 i7, which works with EFI from NUC8 i5, try it out and report back, I posted EFI a few threads back.

thread #114 for Clover
thread #120 for Open Core
Thank you for your reply. I will try following up on the 114th floor based on clover EFI, even though it is based on nuc5i5 based EFI. At the moment my nuc5i5ryh is installed to 10.14.4 according to the https://github.com/yfgeek/nuc5i5ryh-dsdt-patch” file, and it worked for a while without any problems because it needed some functionality from Catalina and wanted to upgrade. Today, I upgraded to 10.14.6 and found that my Aripod2 does not connect to Bluetooth, and my network card is currently at Intel Ethernet Connection 1218-V. Then I will appleintele1000e. Kext is updated from 3.1.0 to 3.3.6. And then it was normal. There is also the issue of sleep wake network will be lost, this do not know how to deal with, can only restart. Next week I will switch to the BCM94352Z network card to use, after making sure that the wireless and Bluetooth are OK, through the system settings update directly to 10.15.6. Even though I know it's not the best way.

I recommend installing the #120 then, that includes intelbluethooth kext that will allow the Bluetooth card on your NUC5 to work. LAN also works with #120. what doesn't work is wifi card. You can certainly try BCM94352Z, but make sure you turn off BT on BIOS settings to avoid conflict. I actually have BCM94352Z card on my NUC5i7RYH installed.
Wifi works, but not the BT.

I don't think there will be a problem using this EFI with your NUC5i5.
You can directly update to 10.15.6 from the app store, I have done it on all of my 4 NUC's (2 NUC5i7RYH and 2 NUC8I7BEH) no problems.
Let me know if you have problems.

Good to all I have an intel NUC5i3 that is working perfectly Catalina with clover and with a wifi usb, but I would like to pass it to OC, I don't know if there is any tool that translates from Trebol to OC or any manual that can be followed.
Or if someone has it working if he can share his EFI folder would be of great help.
I don't know if the folder uploaded by MITODA could work in a NUC5i3
Thanks to all of you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back