Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel Broadwell NUC5 using Clover UEFI (NUC5i5MHYE, NUC5i3MYHE, etc)

Motherboard
Intel NUC Kit NUC5i3RYH
CPU
Intel Core i3-5010U
Graphics
Intel HD Graphics 5500
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Removed.

Last edited:
Motherboard
Intel NUC 5i3 RYH
CPU
i3-5010U
Graphics
HD 5500
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I would like to update my Nuc config (Intel NUC 5i3 RYH ) which is based on this guide from @RehabMan
Everything works fine over month and also the updates to latest version 10.14.6 are stable.

Due to the fact that this guide is no longer supported ( which I very much regret) it is time to look for a solution to keep the installation up to date and stable.

I am thinking about using a clover update or change to multibeast. Does anyone have experience with this procedure, and may be some recomandations?

Motherboard
Intel NUC Kit NUC5i3RYH
CPU
Intel Core i3-5010U
Graphics
Intel HD Graphics 5500
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I would like to update my Nuc config (Intel NUC 5i3 RYH ) which is based on this guide from @RehabMan
Everything works fine over month and also the updates to latest version 10.14.6 are stable.

Due to the fact that this guide is no longer supported ( which I very much regret) it is time to look for a solution to keep the installation up to date and stable.

I am thinking about using a clover update or change to multibeast. Does anyone have experience with this procedure, and may be some recomandations?
I understand your wants to find an updated solution however this guide still works for Catalina 100%. Everything still works.

I wouldn't sweat much until the version after Catalina, and make sure to just keep a copy of the current RehabMan nuc.git with download.sh having been ran so that you have a working way to get macOS working even if his GitHub project disappears.

Last edited:
Is anyone else having an issue where when they plug in the USB Drive and go to the boot menu - and when you select the Mac OS X :pART 0 : OS boot loader it doesn't do anything and stays on that menu? Does anyone have a fix?

Motherboard
Thinkpad T460s
CPU
i7 6600u
Graphics
intel uhd520
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
It’s anyone tested BCM943602BAED DW1830 can work or not?

Motherboard
Thinkpad T460s
CPU
i7 6600u
Graphics
intel uhd520
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Is anyone else having an issue where when they plug in the USB Drive and go to the boot menu - and when you select the Mac OS X :pART 0 : OS boot loader it doesn't do anything and stays on that menu? Does anyone have a fix?
I have tried more time for installing mojave (on Nuc5i3) but failed all time. I have installed el capitan first try, and then updated to mojave. And updated to Catalina tp-link bt400 work.

Last edited:
Motherboard
Gigabyte H-110M s2h
CPU
G4500
Graphics
HD530
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Worked flawlessly on my NUC5i3RYH with macOS Catalina! Thank you!

Motherboard
ASUS H81M-PLUS
CPU
i5-4690
Graphics
RX 560
Mac
  1. MacBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
  2. Other
I"ve just installed the macOS Mojave using this method on my NUC5i5MHYE. This was the easiest hackintosh installation I ever did. Everything runs perfect, just could not get the audio working but nevertheless I use the external usb audio adapter.

Last edited:
Motherboard
ASUS H81M-PLUS
CPU
i5-4690
Graphics
RX 560
Mac
  1. MacBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
  2. Other
Hi RehabMan. My nuc5i5myhe i5 5300u works perfect with Catalina, everything is as smooth as silk. I encountered one weird thing i never had using hackintoshes before. When i click About my mac and also in a system report under the graphics section, it says there that the gpu being used is intel iris 6100 instead of an intel hd 5500. Is this a bug or something else?
Thanks

Last edited:
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Confirming that my Intel 5i5 ryh is running Mac Os Catalina 10.15.1, with hdmi sound, attaching my config.plist for clover, with the following kexts, in clover/kexts/other.

I noticed that I had to reboot 3 times to get the hdmi audio working.

Attachments

• config.plist
    7.2 KB · Views: 106
  • Screen Shot 2019-11-05 at 10.14.48 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-11-05 at 10.14.48 AM.png
    16.6 KB · Views: 74