Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel Broadwell NUC5 using Clover UEFI (NUC5i5MHYE, NUC5i3MYHE, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
ah!
I do apologise! I totally missed that section.

I do have one more question though if that is ok?
I am unclear with installing clover to the HDD from the other guide.

do I run the PKG installer and install to EFI? or copy the clover file from the USB EFI? (as I missed that section and didnt do any of that section of the guide other than putting that file in you suggested like an absolute ****king spanner?)

Im just unsure of where to actually put it/how to install and make it work!

or should i just re-do USB and do a completely new install?

Use the Clover pkg installer, target your macOS system volume (the EFI on SSD/HDD will not be an option).
When you select the UEFI option, the Clover installer finds the related EFI.

Use the Clover pkg installer, target your macOS system volume (the EFI on SSD/HDD will not be an option).
s

You sir are a hero!
Do you have a personal donation site or shall i bung some cash in the site contributions box as a token of my appreciation!

s

You sir are a hero!
Do you have a personal donation site or shall i bung some cash in the site contributions box as a token of my appreciation!

Personal donations are not allowed per site rules.

I'm having trouble getting Ethernet to work. I've followed all the steps here, the kext file is in the /CLOVER/kexts/other folder, but still nothing works.

Any suggestions?

I'm having trouble getting Ethernet to work. I've followed all the steps here, the kext file is in the /CLOVER/kexts/other folder, but still nothing works.

Any suggestions?

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Note regarding HDMI ports: The provided config-nuc5.plist is optimized specifically for my NUC which happens to have dual-DP ports. It has no HDMI ports. If your NUC has HDMI instead of DP, you will need to enable one or both of the HDMI-audio patches such that the connector-type matches your physical connector. Check your ioreg to determine where your monitor is connected.... framebuffer@1 corresponds to the port 0105 patch, framebuffer@2 corresponds to the port 0204 patch. You can enable a patch simply by changing the "Disabled" setting for the patch to false. For example, the NUC5i7RYH needs the 0105 patch for its HDMI port. There will be issues with sleep and HDMI audio if you have an incorrect connector-type (eg. lack of necessary patch).

Thanks for the great guide but what does this mean? I have a nuc5i7ryh, how do I do the HDMI patches?

Edit 1: I found it in clover configurator and enabled it, just rebooted and have audio too. Thanks for all the work.

Last edited:
Should I replace the config plist from the USB install EFI with the config.plist from running hackintosh?
I broke my iCloud when I messed up and boot from USB instead of booting from EFI on the hard drive

Should I replace the config plist from the USB install EFI with the config.plist from running hackintosh?

Not unless you plan to also place the correct ACPI/patched content there also...

I broke my iCloud when I messed up and boot from USB instead of booting from EFI on the hard drive

You could transfer your config.plist/SMBIOS data.

I follow up the instruction on my NUC5i7RYH. I cannot get the audio device up and running. What could be wrong? May you guide for me please?

sound.png

attached the ZIP for reporting issue.

Thank you very much!

Attachments

• report.zip
    2.3 MB · Views: 85
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back