Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel Broadwell NUC5 using Clover UEFI (NUC5i5MHYE, NUC5i3MYHE, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everything is fine after installation except the audio. I have no headphone in output sources. I can see Intel High Definition audio in System Informations.
When executing "pre-patch_hda.sh" I have an error :
Code:
symlink("/System/Library/PrelinkedKernels/prelinkedkernel", "/System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/kernelcache") failed 17 (File exists) <createPrelinkedKernel 2795>

It is normal. Not an error.
You did not provide all files requested in "Problem Reporting"

added my clover folder
Code:
iMac-de-ttm:nuc.git ttm$ sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /
Password:
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext USBInjectAll.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext IntelMausiEthernet.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakeSMC.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakePCIID.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext CodecCommander.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67054 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA12 for kext AppleHDA.kext
KernelCache ID: 11037914DFBA7272222A7508CB47A24C
symlink("/System/Library/PrelinkedKernels/prelinkedkernel", "/System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/kernelcache") failed 17 (File exists) <createPrelinkedKernel 2795>

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    4 MB · Views: 281
added my clover folder
Code:
iMac-de-ttm:nuc.git ttm$ sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /
Password:
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext USBInjectAll.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext IntelMausiEthernet.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakeSMC.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakePCIID.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext CodecCommander.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67054 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA12 for kext AppleHDA.kext
KernelCache ID: 11037914DFBA7272222A7508CB47A24C

Your config.plist is wrong. Read post #1, "Final config.plist".

Sorry my bad, thank you, very much

Hi RehabMan

Thank you for this guide. I have the NUC5i7RYH and followed this guide. Everything seems to work well, except for the ethernet. There will be random dropouts in my ethernet connection. I would say every hour or every half-hour, the ethernet drops out for anywhere from 15 - 60 seconds. I've verified that this is indeed not a network problem (with other devices). When I use a USB wifi adapter it works fine. I would really like to get ethernet going as its way faster with uploading and downloading to/from dropbox. Any advice on what I could do to fix it? I've attached the recommended files below.

Attachments

• tonymacx86 upload.zip
    4.4 MB · Views: 224
Hi RehabMan

Thank you for this guide. I have the NUC5i7RYH and followed this guide. Everything seems to work well, except for the ethernet. There will be random dropouts in my ethernet connection. I would say every hour or every half-hour, the ethernet drops out for anywhere from 15 - 60 seconds. I've verified that this is indeed not a network problem (with other devices). When I use a USB wifi adapter it works fine. I would really like to get ethernet going as its way faster with uploading and downloading to/from dropbox. Any advice on what I could do to fix it? I've attached the recommended files below.

You could try Mieze's latest IntelMausiEthernet.kext (I haven't updated my sources/build in a while).
Or you might have a hardware issue (cabling or otherwise).
You should test your laptop on Windows and compare result.
And you might want to check your BIOS settings (and BIOS version).

You could try Mieze's latest IntelMausiEthernet.kext (I haven't updated my sources/build in a while).
Or you might have a hardware issue (cabling or otherwise).
You should test your laptop on Windows and compare result.
And you might want to check your BIOS settings (and BIOS version).

Thanks for the quick reply! Where would I find this kext? And how would I install it (kext wizard?)? The ethernet was working fine when I was using Windows. I also followed your guide for the BIOS settings and just verified them again.

Thanks for the quick reply! Where would I find this kext?

Google can help you find things.

And how would I install it (kext wizard?)?

Kext Wizard will install to /S/L/E, whereas my scripts install to /L/E.
So, you would need to delete from /L/E (otherwise you have duplicates and who knows what happens).
I install with Terminal:
Code:
sudo cp -R KextToInstall.kext /Library/Extensions

The ethernet was working fine when I was using Windows. I also followed your guide for the BIOS settings and just verified them again.

You should double check (everything).
Make sure you don't have any network booting stuff enabled in BIOS.

Hi Rahabman,

This is my first hackintosh try so I hope I'll be clear enough. I've a NUC 5i5 MYHE with 16GB and an intel SSD (bios 0034). No wifi card.
I try to use your tuto starting with last 10.12.6 Sierra app freshly downloaded on a macbook.
I followed strictly your bios settings.
I follow the steps using clover (last version) and createinstallmedia, add kext only in other (in fact only mausiethernet first try).
In a second try, i add Lilu.kex and IntelGraphicsFixup.kext. (no fakesmc nor Fakepciid)
I took the config.plist from the post https://github.com/RehabMan/Intel-NUC-DSDT-Patch/raw/master/config_install_nuc5.plist

Installation is starting, i've the clover UEFI boot screen followed by white Apple logo and progress bar. When the status bar goes 3/4, there is a screen change
-first time (without lilu and intelfixup), screen divided in 4 and each divided with stripes and I get the rainbow wheel in upper left corner... Install is then freezed.
- second time (with lilu and intelfixup), screen stay OK (i saw quickly a screen transtion) but I get the rainbow wheel in upper left corner... Install is then freezed.

I'm plugged in DP with Quad-HD resolution on my aoc screen.

I tried with the fix up for that reason because for my understanding it seems to be linked to graphics ?

Did you have some hints for my setup ?

Thanks for all the help here.

Max

add kext only in other (in fact only mausiethernet first try).
In a second try, i add Lilu.kex and IntelGraphicsFixup.kext. (no fakesmc nor Fakepciid)[/quote]

No idea why you expect to boot without FakeSMC.kext.
It is required.
Please follow the guide as written.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back