Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel Broadwell NUC5 using Clover UEFI (NUC5i5MHYE, NUC5i3MYHE, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's weird...
To test, I restarted 20 times in a row and here's the result:

1st restart* > Audio OK
2nd restart > Audio OK
3rd restart > Audio OK
4th restart > No more Headphone**
5th restart > No more Headphone**

6th restart* > Audio OK
7th restart > No more Headphone**
8th restart > Audio OK
9th restart > Audio OK
10th restart > Audio OK
11th restart > No more Headphone**
12th restart > Audio OK
13th restart > No more Headphone**
14th restart > Audio OK
15th restart > Audio OK
16th restart > Audio OK
17th restart > Audio OK
18th restart > Audio OK
19th restart > Audio OK
20th restart > Audio OK

* Restart after rebuilding cache.
** HDMI Audio and Bluetooth Audio OK.

Note1: AppleHDA is supposed to be vanilla, i've done nothing special after Sierra direct update from Elcapitan.
Note2: I don't know how to boot without caches, Clover doesn't offer this option anymore.

Did you use pre-patch_hda.sh as per post #1, "Known Problems", "Audio"?

Er... No. Going to try...

Edit: Pre-patching done, and after a first reboot, Audio works fine... I will report back if it fails again.

Thank you RehabMan.

Last edited:
First of all, thanks for creating this wonderful guide. It worked like a charm for me.
I have one remaining problem however.

The audio of my HDMI display is used as a speaker, even though System preferences tells me that this device has no output controls. This results in the fact that I can not change the volume of this device which is kind of annoying.

Any ideas how to tackle this ?

My setup:
NUC 5i5MYHE with Intel i5-5300U.
The HDMI display is connected with a DP->HDMI converter. The display is a Philips 227E4LH.

Any input is greatly appreciated.

The audio of my HDMI display is used as a speaker, even though System preferences tells me that this device has no output controls. This results in the fact that I can not change the volume of this device which is kind of annoying.

It is as per Apple design. You would find the same result on a real Mac.

Thanks for your (insanely) quick response. I will have to take this up with Apple then ;-)

Pre-patching done, and after a first reboot, Audio works fine... I will report back if it fails again.

After many restarts, I can conclude that nothing has changed.
It's not a big deal, but about 1 restart out of 5 leads to a faulty audio.

Since my upgrade to Sierra, I use a Dodocool USB Wifi dongle for network access... I can't see why, but maybe it is somehow conflicting with audio? :rolleyes:

FDLRS, I can't remember its name, but there's an app or something to bypass this (non-) feature... ;)

For people with the same problem : Using soundflower (and soundflowerbed for the config) worked like a charm.

After many restarts, I can conclude that nothing has changed.
It's not a big deal, but about 1 restart out of 5 leads to a faulty audio.

Since my upgrade to Sierra, I use a Dodocool USB Wifi dongle for network access... I can't see why, but maybe it is somehow conflicting with audio? :rolleyes:

No idea without "Problem Reporting" files as per post #1.

Rehabman, I've already sent you a report (see post #6). Since, except HDA pre-patching, i've done nothing special...
Here's my report... Thank you.
Do you still want a new one?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back