Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel Broadwell NUC5 using Clover UEFI (NUC5i5MHYE, NUC5i3MYHE, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mainly use HDMI audio, but sometimes I need to use the jack to plug an headphone in order not to disturb everybody around me.

With my current config, sound switches to jack on plug in and on HDMI on plug out which is fine. but when I try to do the same with MIC it messes up everything. The best I got is Hot Plug for MIC with codec sleep issue for audio out or or one shot plug in for MIC without other issue.

I mainly use HDMI audio, but sometimes I need to use the jack to plug an headphone in order not to disturb everybody around me.

With my current config, sound switches to jack on plug in and on HDMI on plug out which is fine. but when I try to do the same with MIC it messes up everything. The best I got is Hot Plug for MIC with codec sleep issue for audio out or or one shot plug in for MIC without other issue.

The multibeast XML for ALC283 desktop don't have any switching. The headphone and linein are always enabled. Switching is manual.

The project on github has been updated.

It uses a new AppleHDA technique that eliminates the need for AppleHDA_ALC283.kext. Instead of patching the AppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver data, the pinconfigs are patched with a new version of CodecCommander.kext and a custom SSDT.

The update required changes to config.plist, ACPI, and kexts.

Make sure you follow post #1 regarding updates to the github project.

The result of your tests : is Combo-Jack working as expected in and out with no undesired codec sleep and jack sense support ?

I made some changes and did some more testing...

Changes:
- disabled CodecCommander from doing things it would normally do for ALC283 laptop

Testing:
- tested LineIn with QuickTime

Results: Audio LineIn appears to be working.

Great news, I'll give a closer look when I can. Thanks for the report.

Also, you never know... it may be intermittent... Seems like I didn't change that much to make a difference. And just tested on my NUC6 and it is not working there (I get just a high pitch tone). All solvable I'm sure... especially since I've seen it work at least a few times now.

Time will tell.

My setup for audio is very simple:
- SSDT-ALC283.aml
- layout1.zml.zlib + Platforms.zml.zlib in AppleHDA.kext/Contents/Resources (otherwise, AppleHDA is vanilla)
- AppleHDA patches in config.plist
- CodeCommander.kext (the latest version from my github/bitbucket)

I noticed some issues with ALC283 audio:
- audio would become muffled, almost muted after LineIn idle for some time (intermittent/random)
- after I fixed that... same issue post sleep/wake cycle

Both are fixed by new pinconfig/CodecCommander configuration.

Read post #1 regarding github updates. Applies to both NUC6 and NUC5.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back