Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Once again UniBeast/MultiBeast has made this an easy thing to do.
To begin with, build your UniBeast USB:
Build UniBeast USB.png
Connect UniBeast USB and boot up, F12 to get device selection and select the USB - hit enter.
At the Clover screen, if you want to see the post text, right arrow over to options and add -v to the boot-args. Hit enter, return, make sure USB icon is selected and hit enter. Be very patient here. It will sit for 2 or 3 minutes on a screen with just an underscore in the upper left corner, but eventually is will continue.
Once installation is complete and you have your user setup you get to the desktop:
Install Complete.png
I do a little personalization at this point to speed the mouse, change the desktop pic and a few other things in System Preferences:
A Little Personalization.png
System info has me being an iMac 14,2, but I want to be a Mac Pro 5,1
System Info.png
So, now it is time to download MultiBeast and run it:
Run MultiBeast.png
Then go into System Preferences/Sharing and change to MacPro there, too
Change Sharing to Mac Pro.png
To get a serial number to use, download and run Clover Configurator and edit your config.plist
Clover Config for MacPro SMBIOS Serial No.png
Once we have this in place it is time to eject the UniBeast USB and reboot.
On reboot we have
Final Result.png

and it is time to make one final adjustment to System Preferences to get audio
Set Audio to internal Speakers.png
At this point you have a working build, but NullCPU prevents you from having sleep and power management.
So, mount your EFI partition and add your DSDT to Clover/ACPI/Patched, delete NullCPU from L/E.

Since I have added a DSDT, I need to make some changes to the config.plist:
I downloaded Xcode, but you can use any plist editor.
Under DSDT make the fixes all false or delete them since these fixes are already done in the DSDT.
Another thing to do to speed things up is, under Boot, to change the Debug to false and, since I named the OS X drive Sierra when I formatted it, change Default Volume to Sierra. Since the default boot-args really do nothing on an X58A, I deleted them and added just -v. If you do not care to look at the post as Sierra boots, you can leave it with nothing there.
Under USB, set Fix Ownership and Inject to true.
Save and exit plist editor
Reboot
Enjoy

Great guide. I upgraded mine from el Capitán to Sierra. Next time will try with good old Unibeast install. Thanks.

Great guide. I upgraded mine from el Capitán to Sierra. Next time will try with good old Unibeast install. Thanks.

Just tried a clean install and can not install Sierra because after installing and booting with Unibeast USB the install disk is not showing...

Just tried a clean install and can not install Sierra because after installing and booting with Unibeast USB the install disk is not showing...
After lots of trials I finally gave up and finished the install on another hackintosh and moved the disk back into the GA X58A. Booted with no problem! Still wish I could figure out why Unibeast USB does not see the installation disk to finish the Multibeast Install.

Last edited:
Once again UniBeast/MultiBeast has made this an easy thing to do.
At this point you have a working build, but NullCPU prevents you from having sleep and power management.
So, mount your EFI partition and add your DSDT to Clover/ACPI/Patched, delete NullCPU from L/E.

Since I have added a DSDT, I need to make some changes to the config.plist:
I downloaded Xcode, but you can use any plist editor.
Under DSDT make the fixes all false or delete them since these fixes are already done in the DSDT.
Another thing to do to speed things up is, under Boot, to change the Debug to false and, since I named the OS X drive Sierra when I formatted it, change Default Volume to Sierra. Since the default boot-args really do nothing on an X58A, I deleted them and added just -v. If you do not care to look at the post as Sierra boots, you can leave it with nothing there.
Under USB, set Fix Ownership and Inject to true.
Save and exit plist editor
Reboot
Enjoy

hi i have the same motherboard whit bios f8, all work ok, but when i download my dsdt in DSDT database and put the dsdt in Clover/ACPI/Patched the PC run ok but when i shutdow or restar PC the cmos RESET.

i put AppleRTC.kext in S/L and activate it in clover configuration

<key>AppleRTC</key>
<true/>
if i remove dsdt the pc no reset cmos at restar or shutdow.

i reinstal 2 times and cmos reset all time at restar pc.
can you put your dsdt and config plist, to put in my pc?

thannks.

hi i have the same motherboard whit bios f8, all work ok, but when i download my dsdt in DSDT database and put the dsdt in Clover/ACPI/Patched the PC run ok but when i shutdow or restar PC the cmos RESET.

i put AppleRTC.kext in S/L and activate it in clover configuration

<key>AppleRTC</key>
<true/>
if i remove dsdt the pc no reset cmos at restar or shutdow.

i reinstal 2 times and cmos reset all time at restar pc.
can you put your dsdt and config plist, to put in my pc?

thannks.
GA-X58A-UD7 is not the same as GA-EX58-UD7 in your profile. My DSDT will not work with your board.
Suggest you clean install, extract DSDT with F4 at Clover boot screen and edit your own DSDT per d00d's excellent guide found at http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/to...a-dsdt-native-power-management-modifications/

Well i am noob user , i use your dsdt from link and pc work good, start ,shoutdown,sound, internet,etc and 0 problems.

But when i press sleep the pc go perfect to sleep but no wake up, then i press button to start result in cmos reset..., i try use some patch to prevent cmos rest but no work, this is the only bad.

If i no use sleep the pc are ok all time.

Thanks for all.

Well i am noob user , i use your dsdt from link and pc work good, start ,shoutdown,sound, internet,etc and 0 problems.

But when i press sleep the pc go perfect to sleep but no wake up, then i press button to start result in cmos reset..., i try use some patch to prevent cmos rest but no work, this is the only bad.

If i no use sleep the pc are ok all time.

Thanks for all.
This may be caused by differences in F7 and F8 BIOS. You really need to edit your own extracted DSDT rather than using mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back