Contribute
Register

[Guide] Installing macOS Mojave (10.14.2) on Intel NUCi5BEH using Clover UEFI + updating to Mojave (10.14.6) on post#2

Status
Not open for further replies.
it's a good idea update firmware to latest version or not? I have a year old firmware (54 or 56 don't remember)

it's a good idea update firmware to latest version or not? I have a year old firmware (54 or 56 don't remember)
If you set up your machine using the original guide and haven't changed your config.plist to account for the RealTimeClock (RTC) Fix (needed once you update the bios) you will probably not be able to boot. Otherwise you should be okay.

Hi
Can't fix the bluetooth issue after sleeping. The Bluetooth dongle which i have just not working after sleep.
ANY IDEAS?

Hi
Can't fix the bluetooth issue after sleeping. The Bluetooth dongle which i have just not working after sleep.
ANY IDEAS?
@rotaha if you don't provide more information all anyone can do is guess or give very general advice. Update your profile to show what hardware you are using at a minimum. Also it might help to state what kind of bluetooth dongle you are using, probably not, but it can't hurt. Did you try changing the USB port its plugged into?

Thank you @Leesureone for an updated install instructions few pages back. I installed Mojave and upgraded it to Catalina without issues. All works and 4K monitor connected thru USB C adapter works great too. The only thing is missing is WiFi and Bluetooth.

Did anyone manage to make Bluetooth work (with or without external dongle)? If yes, how? If you know how to make WiFi work too, please share. that, I am sure, will make many happy :)

BTW, I have NUC8i5BEK

Quick post to report successful installation of Catalina, just following this

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/update-directly-to-macos-catalina.284463/

Screenshot 2019-10-18 at 23.03.11.png

EDIT:
Need to edit the post to report the following little troubles:
1. Sleep casually reboots the system
2. Clover in verbose mode does not show anything

I will report any news about it.

EDIT:
1. Still investigating...
2. Using Clover 5093 verbose mode text is back (thanks)
3. Update to 19A602 using software update
Screenshot 2019-10-20 at 14.30.08.png

Last edited:
Thank you @Leesureone for an updated install instructions few pages back. I installed Mojave and upgraded it to Catalina without issues. All works and 4K monitor connected thru USB C adapter works great too. The only thing is missing is WiFi and Bluetooth.

Did anyone manage to make Bluetooth work (with or without external dongle)? If yes, how? If you know how to make WiFi work too, please share. that, I am sure, will make many happy :)

BTW, I have NUC8i5BEK
Thanks for the good words, unfortunately the onboard intel Wifi/ Bluetooth is a not supported. There are Airport adapters you can purchase that go into then M2 slot, personally I use NVME SSds in mine and use wired ethernet.

Hi Everyone,

Just wondering if anyone is in the same boat as me with my NUC8i7BEH v2. It currrently has 32 GB installed and it works fine no issues. I decided after reading a few other threads that it accepts 64 GB (Which it does). The BIOS sees it no problem.

However when it tries to boot as a Hackintosh, it fails. Booting appears normal until it gets to the point at which I enter my filevault password to boot the machine. It takes the password and just sits there.... forever.

I have updated to latest clover, just as a precaution but no luck.

To check 64GB was being seen I did a quick install of VMWare ESXI onto a usb disk and it worked fine and say 63.2 GB.

I also tried booting my Hackintosh with just 32 GB (1 stick) and it still wouldnt boot past filevault. I have done some googleing and one other person seemed to have the issue but no solution.

Therefore it must be something to do with the Hack setup.

Has anyone seen this issue and did they get it fixed

(Typing this on a 32 GB machine :( )

Edited to add I have been doing a bit of troubleshooting as best I know how. If I enable the -V boot flag, the point at which it gets stuck is at the end of the random seed component.

Attachments

• IMG_0256.jpg
    IMG_0256.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 48
Last edited:
For some unknown reason my nuc8i5beh freeze and after restart, clover doesn't recognize anymore the Mac OS Mojave partition.

Is there any way to restore the partition without loosing all files? Or the only way is "format" and reinstall Mac OS?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back