Contribute
Register

[Guide] Installing macOS Mojave (10.14.2) on Intel NUCi5BEH using Clover UEFI + updating to Mojave (10.14.6) on post#2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am having Intel NUC8i3BEH with latest bios which .71 I think.
Winbond chipset not supported as seen the error during the clover installation. Is it Crucial memory chipset?Western Digital SATA SSD don't seems having that chipset.
I don’t think it is your memory, as I think back I had the same problem once, it would hang after FakeSMC.kext would load. It turned out the USB2 drive I had was causing it to hang. I switched it out for a newer USB3 16 MB drive and it booted every time. No idea why the USB2 drive wouldn’t work though.

I don’t think it is your memory, as I think back I had the same problem once, it would hang after FakeSMC.kext would load. It turned out the USB2 drive I had was causing it to hang. I switched it out for a newer USB3 16 MB drive and it booted every time. No idea why the USB2 drive wouldn’t work though.
I think maybe next thing to try out is USB3 peripherals as not sure my mouse and keyboard is USB 3/2 . Gotten my NVMe 512gb it is clean and yet having any OS pre-installed and I still got the same error message .

Attachments

• B9BA56EC-F730-4D65-ABAC-B24A34B3BE4A.jpeg
    B9BA56EC-F730-4D65-ABAC-B24A34B3BE4A.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 95
I think maybe next thing to try out is USB3 peripherals as not sure my mouse and keyboard is USB 3/2 . Gotten my NVMe 512gb it is clean and yet having any OS pre-installed and I still got the same error message .
So you tried a different usb drive, used Unibeast to recreate the Mojave installer media? Then you mounted the EFI partition either through terminal or clover configurator or whatever, deleted the EFI folder Unibeast created and then replaced it with what I uploaded? I’m about 100% sure it’s not a peripheral issue, it would be a different error.

Last edited:
So you tried a different usb drive, used Unibeast to recreate the Mojave installer media? Then you mounted the EFI partition either through terminal or clover configurator or whatever, deleted the EFI folder Unibeast created and then replaced it with what I uploaded? I’m about 100% sure it’s not a peripheral issue, it would be a different error.

I am going to try legacy boot with unibeast and uses your EFI.. it is creating on Unibeast now.
Wish me luck...ha ha

I am running a NUC8i5BEEH that I put together following the intructions in this topic a couple of months ago. So far I have had no issues and it is updated to 10.14.5.

Now that there is a new version of firmware, I think its time for me to update clover and the settings. After reading through all the posts, below is the checklist I think I need to follow in order to do this successfully.

I wanted to share and get feedback just to see if I have it right before I get started.

Thanks!

1. Backup critical files
  2. Mount efi partition
  3. Backup/copy efi partition
  4. Updated clover with latest version from https://sourceforge.net/projects/cloverefiboot/
  5. Replace efi folders/files with Leesureone's versions from post 430
  6. Reboot
  7. Update firmware
  8. Reboot

Last edited:
I finally got to install the Mojave with NUC8i3BeH, some benchmarking to share .
Mine was on the 0071 bios and latest Mojave’s from App Store.

@Richtw , do you use the internal wireless or only way to have internet connection on new wireless card ?

Attachments

• 090DCFED-0B5F-4635-A707-B04DE1CE7771.jpeg
    090DCFED-0B5F-4635-A707-B04DE1CE7771.jpeg
    5.5 MB · Views: 109
  • 179671B5-6A8C-4EA6-9C16-88EC214463B3.jpeg
    179671B5-6A8C-4EA6-9C16-88EC214463B3.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 93
I finally got to install the Mojave with NUC8i3BeH, some benchmarking to share .

@Richtw , do you use the internal wireless or only way to have internet connection on new wireless card ?

I am using the ethernet port

What did you finally do to get to install?

I am running a NUC8i5BEEH that I put together following the intructions in this topic a couple of months ago. So far I have had no issues and it is updated to 10.14.5.

Now that there is a new version of firmware, I think its time for me to update clover and the settings. After reading through all the posts, below is the checklist I think I need to follow in order to do this successfully.

I wanted to share and get feedback just to see if I have it right before I get started.

Thanks!

1. Backup critical files
  2. Mount efi partition
  3. Backup/copy efi partition
  4. Updated clover with latest version from https://sourceforge.net/projects/cloverefiboot/
  5. Replace efi folders/files with Leesureone's versions from post 430
  6. Reboot
  7. Update firmware
  8. Reboot
Yes, after step 6 I would make sure you can boot back into Mojave and then move onto step 7. Might be what you meant all along. You should be good!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back