Contribute
Register

[Guide] Installing macOS Mojave (10.14.2) on Intel NUCi5BEH using Clover UEFI + updating to Mojave (10.14.6) on post#2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Steps that I did was, disk utility format my USB to GUID and Mojave copy from apple store.
Then I installed clover with boot UEFI and kext. However, it doesn't seem to able start installation even loading completed.:crazy:
Probably installing clover incorrectly...
Steps that I did was, disk utility format my USB to GUID and Mojave copy from apple store.
Then I installed clover with boot UEFI and kext. However, it doesn't seem to able start installation even loading completed.:crazy:
You are missing something.....super easy to start over and use unibeast then copy my efi folder over.

Probably installing clover incorrectly...
You are missing something.....super easy to start over and use unibeast then copy my efi folder over.
I did start over again copy to my USB drive and install using Unibeast as well as copy your EFI seems still stuck at loading 100%. really not quite sure what is wrong again.o_O:silent::banghead:

I did start over again copy to my USB drive and install using Unibeast as well as copy your EFI seems still stuck at loading 100%. really not quite sure what is wrong again.o_O:silent::banghead:
Please boot with the -v flag (verbose) and post a picture of the screen. Also double check your bios settings and post your components. HDD or SSD, Memory brand and specs

Last edited:
Kindly enlighten me " -v flag" , is this option during the boot up clover shellscript ?I am now waiting the NUCi3BEH to try run install again another round with default setting bios.

BIOS setting :
1)ACHI 2)DISABLE VT-D , 3) disable secure boot 4)USB boot 5)UEFI load

My NUC hardware as below:
1)NUC8I3
2)Western Digital SATA SSD.
3)8gb crucial

Kindly enlighten me " -v flag" , is this option during the boot up clover shellscript ?I am now waiting the NUCi3BEH to try run install again another round with default setting bios.

BIOS setting :
1)ACHI 2)DISABLE VT-D , 3) disable secure boot 4)USB boot 5)UEFI load

My NUC hardware as below:
1)NUC8I3
2)Western Digital SATA SSD.
3)8gb crucial
It may not be neccesary but please enable legacy boot and disable fast boot. See if that works...

If not at the clover boot screen press the space bar and select verbose (-v) and take a picture of where it hangs.

« Inter VT for directed I/VO (VT-d) » should be disabled
- « Secure Boot » should be disabled
- « Legacy Boot » should be enabled
- « Fast Boot » should be disabled
- Boot->Boot Devices-> « USB » should be enabled
- SATA mode should be AHCI

It just stopped as the buffer I/o

Attachments

• EF631ADA-AA73-47C2-BF30-3215E7B3F7FA.jpeg
    EF631ADA-AA73-47C2-BF30-3215E7B3F7FA.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 95
  • D5B098E4-B4CC-4D4B-80CB-516FDA80ECFE.jpeg
    D5B098E4-B4CC-4D4B-80CB-516FDA80ECFE.jpeg
    4.8 MB · Views: 93
  • 07DF5E2A-3903-48E7-819B-8B9C6764A64C.jpeg
    07DF5E2A-3903-48E7-819B-8B9C6764A64C.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 97
  • 9F929467-B5FA-4B7D-AC79-1EA6DE14C5D8.jpeg
    9F929467-B5FA-4B7D-AC79-1EA6DE14C5D8.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 217
  • A62BC76E-728E-494C-8153-409FE736DE92.jpeg
    A62BC76E-728E-494C-8153-409FE736DE92.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 87
It just stopped as the buffer I/o
I see in the first screen shot you already have windows installed on your hard drive. (Windows Boot Manager is showing) You never really made that clear. Now as I look back I see in your third post a mention of it but I really didn't understand what you were referencing. Nothing in the guide, or any other I am aware, of points you to start with Windows installed on the hard drive first.

So having identified that as your issue dual boot is a little tricky to set up and off topic for this thread. If you want to install Mojave and get help here install another drive in your M2 slot and install Mojave there (removing the HDD during that process is recommended). Either that or start over and get rid of Windows on your existing hard drive, install Mojave and then add Windows after. There are guides that help navigate how, you would have to search for them though....meanwhile its much easier to set up dual boot with two hard drives as two separate installations. Less hassle, more stable and less prone to erroneous boot errors.

Last edited:
@Leesureone, it is really tough luck for me.
I did formatted the drive and only has one partition for it. Currently do not have any installed OS and still getting same error. Mojave real tricky as I used the same USB Drive to restore my macbook it is working perfectly.

I did tried reset NVRAM for the NUC but seems not changes. May I know if I need to recreate the single drive to APFS or Mac OS extended? Currently it is on exFat. I still waiting for my NVME SSD where estimated to be 18th Jun.

Any advise please do suggest so can I can try it out.
Thanks

I suggest you wait for the additional drive and go from there. In the meantime can you please update your signature so to confirm the model NUC you have. Also please post which bios version you have installed.

I suggest you wait for the additional drive and go from there. In the meantime can you please update your signature so to confirm the model NUC you have. Also please post which bios version you have installed.
I am having Intel NUC8i3BEH with latest bios which .71 I think.
Winbond chipset not supported as seen the error during the clover installation. Is it Crucial memory chipset?Western Digital SATA SSD don't seems having that chipset.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back