Contribute
Register

[Guide] Installing macOS Mojave (10.14.2) on Intel NUCi5BEH using Clover UEFI + updating to Mojave (10.14.6) on post#2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi , tried so many modification of clovers and kexts but still no luck.
Stuck at apple loading 100% but not going any further.

May I upload the clover here and get some advise?

Have you installed the updated config file?

I am trying to connect the nuc to the apple thunderbolt monitor using the Apple adapter.
Obviously using my MacBook pro 2016 it works but for some reason, the nuc doesn't like the Thunderbolt 3 to DP adapter.
I tried other adapters in the Thunderbolt 3 ports and they all work (not as hot-swap only if plugged in before turning on the machine), only the apple one does not.
Any idea?

How do you add the MBR to the drive once you have installed?

How do you add the MBR to the drive once you have installed?

So just to double check, you have been able to install the system and was running properly, then you shut down the machine removed the USB drive tried to boot up and the system it's stuck to the apple logo correct?

Have you installed the updated config file?

Used the clover config made some changes but still same can't install Mojave.

Attachments

• config.plist
    23.6 KB · Views: 143
Used the clover config made some changes but still same can't install Mojave.

try to use this config

Make sure also that all the settings on the bios are as mentioned in the first post

Nope, I got a BIOS message that there was no bootable drive. Put my thumbdrive back in, booted to Clover and everything works great.

I tried running Multibeast to resolve the issue and it looks like it installed Clover to my drive but it installed an older version. I think I need to manually install Clover to the harddrive as per this thread.

Nope, I got a BIOS message that there was no bootable drive. Put my thumbdrive back in, booted to Clover and everything works great.

I tried running Multibeast to resolve the issue and it looks like it installed Clover to my drive but it installed an older version. I think I need to manually install Clover to the hard drive as per this thread.

If you follow the steps on the first post and install the pen drive as instructed it will be fine.
Make sure to download the latest version of clover and once installed on the pen drive replace the EFI folder.
You can find all the links at my post.

Clover 4950 + 10.14.5 with EFIs from here https://github.com/dongyubin/nuc8i5beh/tree/master/4950EFI/CLOVER

Tried on BIOS 0071, finished installation without any issue, but my unit could not sleep properly, wake up immediately after sleep.

I tried re-patching ACPI as described in OP, but my bluetooth was no longer recognized (native apple card, WiFi through M.2 adapter, BT via internal USB header).

Thinking about issue about ACPI patches and USB mapping, any suggestion about how to troubleshoot?

BTW, should I manually add RTC patches after I got the config by running the script?

Clover 4950 + 10.14.5 with EFIs from here https://github.com/dongyubin/nuc8i5beh/tree/master/4950EFI/CLOVER

Tried on BIOS 0071, finished installation without any issue, but my unit could not sleep properly, wake up immediately after sleep.

I tried re-patching ACPI as described in OP, but my bluetooth was no longer recognized (native apple card, WiFi through M.2 adapter, BT via internal USB header).

Thinking about issue about ACPI patches and USB mapping, any suggestion about how to troubleshoot?

BTW, should I manually add RTC patches after I got the config by running the script?

Yes give it a try and see if it helps.
The system works perfectly for me, the only difference I can see right now is the ssd but it should cause that many problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back