Contribute
Register

[Guide] Installing macOS Mojave (10.14.2) on Intel NUCi5BEH using Clover UEFI + updating to Mojave (10.14.6) on post#2

Status
Not open for further replies.
anyone now what synchronisation point error is referring to ?

"After obtaining the Clover installer, unzip it and run Clover pkg".

This seems an impossibility while Clover_v2.4k_r4920 won't install on my MacBook mid 2012, Mojave 10.14.5. During installation a get a warning: "This package is incompatible with this version of macOS and may fail to install."
after continuing you will indeed get a fail. Also older versions are not able to install.

Can you tell me if this is a known issue?

Also with bios#71 and official clover#4920, I suggest @jimborae to use RTC patch.

Except I cant boot into ios to apply to it. HAve tried every which way to downgrade to bios 56 or 51 but cant. Keep getting invalid bios, update aborted message. Can anyone post the bios 66 file please so i can try that.

No boot for me on bios 71, Clover 4910 & 10.14.6, was booting fine bios Ver 56. Now can't seem to downgrade bios either. :(
See post 819 on how to downgrade bios if neeeded.

"After obtaining the Clover installer, unzip it and run Clover pkg".

This seems an impossibility while Clover_v2.4k_r4920 won't install on my MacBook mid 2012, Mojave 10.14.5. During installation a get a warning: "This package is incompatible with this version of macOS and may fail to install."
after continuing you will indeed get a fail. Also older versions are not able to install.

Can you tell me if this is a known issue?
Make sure you are targeting the USB drive or whatever drive you are trying to update, not your MacBook hardrive. Change the default drive before trying to install.

Make sure you are targeting the USB drive or whatever drive you are trying to update, not your MacBook hardrive. Change the default drive before trying to install.
Thanx, That worked... up to the next step>..:crazy:

anyone now what synchronisation point error is referring to ?
Is this on your Maximus VIII Formula or do you have one of these intel NUCs?

Last edited:
Hi everyone, Intel updated their pages for BIOS at v71 now:

NUC8i5BEK = https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/126147/Intel-NUC-Kit-NUC8i5BEK

NUC8i7BEH = https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/126140/Intel-NUC-Kit-NUC8i7BEH

I am at v56 and happily running hassle-free 10.14.4 with smooth 10.14.5 update yesterday... seems this BIOS addressed a few storage issues with updates, including AHCI... if anyone updates, please do share your experience and SSD/NVMe model... thanks and good luck!
I just updated from 66 to 71 on my NUC8i3BEK, works fine. I already had the bios fix in my config.plsit from back in March when this was first reported as a fix. Its still working!

Thanks for confirming @Leesureone, any idea what this Clover patch actually does? I usually do not want to copy-paste things blindly, and in the learning process, it’s always always interesting to know what is being changed... But I am impressed that this new BIOS still needs this patch, I was hoping that it would have been only used in previous ones, and that this new v71 would look like v56 instead...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back