Contribute
Register

[Guide] Installing macOS Mojave (10.14.2) on Intel NUCi5BEH using Clover UEFI + updating to Mojave (10.14.6) on post#2

Status
Not open for further replies.
The config.plist in this EFI folder I use on my USB Boot drive works whenever, no need to change anything. Also if you were to upgrade your bios past 51 or 56 it would still work. All you really need is to do is copy the clover folder from the zip file to your USB drive EFI folder. I didn't include all the kexts needed to do much more than boot with wired internet but feel free to supplement them as you like. I use the same folder on my NVME Mojave boot SSD without the kexts and don't have to change anything. If you want iMessage to work you'd have to change the serial number in the SYMBIOS if you did that too. Kexts I have installed in Library/Extensions.

You sir, are a scholar & a gentleman, thank you! :)

Did anyone ever get Thunderbolt to work on the NUC8I7BEH ? I know about hot plugins not working but I can<t get any thunder bot devices to work on mine.

Did anyone ever get Thunderbolt to work on the NUC8I7BEH ? I know about hot plugins not working but I can<t get any thunder bot devices to work on mine.

Sure...try the Thunderbolt "Legacy" setting in the bios. Quite a few folks are using it.

So I'm up running now, although I haven't used the EFI file that Leesureone kindly supplied (will do so in near future) and mostly everything is good. One thing though that is nagging me is in the toolbar at the top with the time & Finder there is an icon that say something like unknown card and gives me the option to Power Down. Anyone any idea what this is?

Hey guys. Just got my NUC8i5 and thought I had everything good but it seems I am stuck really early on in the boot. The boot stops at
Code:
Start ReadKernelCache
I might just be missing something easy. Any thoughts?

Attachments

• IMG_5875.JPG
    IMG_5875.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 69
Sure...try the Thunderbolt "Legacy" setting in the bios. Quite a few folks are using it.

I tried this but still no Thunderbolt. I'm using a Cable Matters TB3 to TB2 adapter to connect an audio interface.

So I'm up running now, although I haven't used the EFI file that Leesureone kindly supplied (will do so in near future) and mostly everything is good. One thing though that is nagging me is in the toolbar at the top with the time & Finder there is an icon that say something like unknown card and gives me the option to Power Down. Anyone any idea what this is?

That's for the unsupported, SD Card reader. I spoke about that on Rehabman's thread :) You can dissable it in the BIOS and it will dissapear. There's another icon up there though that I can't seem to make go away (not near the NUC at the moment to see which one it is though).

I tried this but still no Thunderbolt. I'm using a Cable Matters TB3 to TB2 adapter to connect an audio interface.
I use a similar apple adapter that was one of a kind when I first got it for a couple of external hard drives, no issues. There are no specific drivers to load or kexts you need I am aware of, I think everything is is native to OSX as far as Thunderbolt goes . Does your setup work on windows?

Hey guys. Just got my NUC8i5 and thought I had everything good but it seems I am stuck really early on in the boot. The boot stops at
Code:
Start ReadKernelCache
I might just be missing something easy. Any thoughts?
Hard to know exactly without more info. It could be as simple as having secure boot in the bios turned on or possibly another one of the needed settings might have been overlooked. It could also be you are missing a crucial kext or your config.plist isn’t right. If you post your EFI folder I’ll look at it for you....up to you.

Last edited:
That's for the unsupported, SD Card reader. I spoke about that on Rehabman's thread :) You can dissable it in the BIOS and it will dissapear. There's another icon up there though that I can't seem to make go away (not near the NUC at the moment to see which one it is though).

Thanks, that's good to know. I'll turn it off in the bios then.

Got to say really liking this NUC Hackintosh the more I use it. It's much quieter than the NUC6i7KYK Skull Canyon I was using previously although that one was easier to get up & running out of the box . Probably because the hackintosh support is a bit more mature I guess.

Just as matter of interest what keyboards and mice are folks using if wireless/bluetooth? ATM Im using a Logitech K810 & Xiaomi Mi bluetooth mouse, which most of the time connect & work great. However it's still a pain when rebooting as neither work before getting to the login screen. Would be nice to have support at the Clover screen rather than having to plug in a wired keyboard.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back