Contribute
Register

[Guide] Installing macOS Mojave (10.14.2) on Intel NUCi5BEH using Clover UEFI + updating to Mojave (10.14.6) on post#2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Everyone

I (unexperienced) tried to install Mac OS X Mojave on my NUC but I ran in a problem and after the maybe the sixth try I thought I'd ask you.

Used one 16gb USB 2.0 stick with two partitions like described.

Installed Clover on the CLOVER EFI partition with the things changed 1) Clover for UEFI booting only (thus Install Clover in the ESP enabled) 2) Black Green Moody enabled. The Clover Version I used was the one provided in with a link in the Github repo.

I installed Mojave on the stick with the provided commands (from the AppStore).

In the CLOVER EFI Partition i navigated to CLOVER EFI/EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI and /kexts/Other and copied the the Files from the zip files attached to the tutorial. I used the config_install_nuc8_bc.plist (from the Master Zip) (renamed to config.plist).

The Bios was set to BE0064 (also tried the Version used in the Tutorial) . The described changes to the Bios were made.

Booting from the Stick I went and changed the FakeID to 0x12345678. Back in the main menu I clicked Boot macOS with injected kexts. The Process is stuck at:

IntelMausiEthernet: Version 2.4.1d1 starting on OS X Darwin 18.2.
AMFILoadTrustedKeysFromNVRam: no nvram variable
using 16384 buffer headers and 10240 cluster IO buffer headers

Does somebody know where my error lies?
It’s a intel Nuc8i5beh with a sata ssd and 8gb of ram.

I also tried the linked tutorials from RehabMan

Your BIOS is too new I got pass it by downgrading

Has anybody tried cloning a working Mac os drive onto the 970evoplus ? I am also unable to install it.

Did anyone using an Intel NUC8i7BEH have problems with screen flashing ?
If I leave fakeid in Clover -> Graphics Injector to the value that's in there (0x00000000) I get a flickering display (almost as if the buffer doesn't get cleared and reverts to a previous state every few seconds). If I change it to 0x19160000, my display works correctly, but I can't change to its native resolution (which is 4k). Do any of you have an idea as to the value I should enter ? I also tried 0x3EA58086 without any success.

Has anyone had an issue where Safari/Chrome have audio issues from the headphone jack? The audio from iTunes and other macOS apps is fine. I could use Voodoo like mentioned in the thread, but I thought I wouldn't have to.

Has anyone had an issue where Safari/Chrome have audio issues from the headphone jack? The audio from iTunes and other macOS apps is fine. I could use Voodoo like mentioned in the thread, but I thought I wouldn't have to.

Yes, I've experienced what you're experiencing. I installed Voodoo, followed the admin guide for the crackling audio some people experience (NUCs), and now the audio is perfect. I'd highly recommend installing Voodoo.

I've still been unable to make the system see any input or output devices on my NUC8i3 system. I was hoping to have sound out via HDMI to the monitor. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

I've still been unable to make the system see any input or output devices on my NUC8i3 system. I was hoping to have sound out via HDMI to the monitor. Can anyone point me in the right direction?
No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Also, please fix your profile as requested in the guide/FAQ.

Dear both, thanks for your awesome work.

My nuc8i5 (fresh install 30min ago, trying to get it run with Mojave 14.3 since 3 weeks now) has 2x8 GB Corsair (Intel verified) RAM, a 500GB NVME WD (black) and crashes with Youtube, Radio-Streams and such (after 3-7 minutes).
I would like to mention that (on a separate Crucial mSata) Win10 also crashes with Youtube and such, but this can be avoided by setting the energy prefs in Win to max (not sure what that's called in English, sorry). Still I would like to run Mojave on it. Bios is version 56, settings as in first post by Cric.

I attach the debug docs and I'm appreciating you have a look and looking forward to your feedback. Thank you very much.

Attachments

• debug_22871.zip
    2.3 MB · Views: 70
Hello.. i ran into a problem. So i was using my dell 4K monitor through usb c to display port and everything worked fine for weeks.. i went on vacation for a week and after i came back my display won’t work through usb c anymore. Tried multiple cables and even tried usbc to mini display port with no luck.. what could it be any ideas ?? It works through hdmi but everything it goes to sleep it doesn’t turn back on but worked perfect with usbc to DisplayPort till now.. Please help with advice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back