Contribute
Register

[Guide] Installing macOS Mojave (10.14.2) on Intel NUCi5BEH using Clover UEFI + updating to Mojave (10.14.6) on post#2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or i will buy wifi and BT USB dongles compatible with MacOS

in This moment im using a dongle.

Would the MacBook WiFi Card support Airdrop and so on? Also Hands-on doesn't work for me and unlocking with my Apple Watch.

Hello, thanks so much for the awesome guide, worked perfectly for me but I'm running into issues now that I've added 8 more gigs of ram.

I've got the nuc8i5BEK and started with 8 gigs when I installed, things were going smoothly once I got my audio working with voodoo.

I decided now that it appeared I had a stable system I would add 8 more GBs. Since I've done that I can't go more than 5-10 minutes without the whole machine crashing. Would this have anything to with adding more RAM? I'm new to Hackintosh and this is the only thing I've changed since the crashes started happening so I figured it was the cause of my issues. Any ideas?

Thanks

Edited to add bootlog, not sure if that'll help.

Edit 2: Took the new RAM out and booted with the original 8, still experiencing crashes after 5-10 minutes that don't seem to be associated with any actions (I can leave it running without touching anything, still crashes) anyone else running into this?

I have exactly the same problem. Only I started right away with 16GB and it was like that from the beginning. Since I have to work with the computer too, I have again installed Windows 10 and it is all stable. So it should not be on the hardware.

I have exactly the same problem. Only I started right away with 16GB and it was like that from the beginning. Since I have to work with the computer too, I have again installed Windows 10 and it is all stable. So it should not be on the hardware.

That's really weird... I actually just finished reinstalling and so far no crashes. I tried every fix I could find online and had no luck. I'm going to document every change I make and program I install from here to try to find the cause.

Hi.

I did this installation (and I'm willing to do it again), but I got as far is getting into the Mac OS, but when i open Safari, I get weird Display issues for example, in Safari, tabs have black in it, the mouse drags, and when Mac Icons bounce

I installed Mojave (fresh off App Store) to the install_osx.

I tried rebooting/etc. on two different displays and I get the same behavior.

I'm connected via HDMI to a 1440x900 LG Monitor. Tried a second monitor, same behavior.

Here is all hardware I'm using:
NUC8i5BEH1
G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 16GB (2 x 8G) 260-Pin DDR4 SO-DIMM DDR4 2400
WD Blue 3D NAND 500GB PC SSD

After this (see attached Safari screenshots), during boot I set the fakeID of the GPU to:
0x3EA58086

Now I'm get a bit of idle flicker but not the black issue or mouse drag issue.

Any thoughts would help :)

Attachments

• clover.png
    clover.png
    31.2 KB · Views: 203
  • config.plist
    4.5 KB · Views: 164
  • Image from iOS (1).jpg
    Image from iOS (1).jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 199
  • Image from iOS.jpg
    Image from iOS.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 198
  • drivers64UEFI.zip
    74.1 KB · Views: 83
  • kexts.zip
    353.4 KB · Views: 102
Last edited:
Now I'm get a bit of idle flicker but not the black issue or mouse drag issue.

Any thoughts would help :)

Looks like you have not copied across the post install config.plist (config_nuc8_bc.plist). See final step of the guide in post #1.

Looks like you have not copied across the post install config.plist (config_nuc8_bc.plist). See final step of the guide in post #1.

Mispelled the command. I did config.xml instead of plist. Mac is performing well now. good call!

Does power/restart/sleep work well for you? It seem to shut down the OS but the Nuc is still running.

Last edited:
Anybody updated to 14.14.3 Supplemental Update yet - if so, which way - combo update?

still running 10.14.2 without issues

Thanks!

Just installed it an hour ago with the standard update procedure in System preferences. Select Boot from Mac install when it reboots in Clover. Mine rebooted 3 times before it completely applied.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back