Contribute
Register

[Guide] Installing macOS Mojave (10.14.2) on Intel NUCi5BEH using Clover UEFI + updating to Mojave (10.14.6) on post#2

Status
Not open for further replies.
damn my bad
but the clover error says

tue dec 17 23:59:21 2019 Mac-mini.local com.apple.xpc.lunchd[1] (com.apple.bsd.dirhelper.546) <Warining>: Endpoint have been activated through legacy launch (3) apis. Please switch to xpc or bootstrap_checkin(): com.apple.bsd.dirhelper
followed by 2 errors saying it could read path /libray/launchagents

Please switch to xpc or bootstrap_checkin(): com.apple.bsd.dirhelper
I'm not familiar with that error so I googled it and apparently it can be part of a normal boot and would not be the end cause of the installer stopping. Please boot again and take a better picture, other wise it will remain a mystery.

so I did the usb one more time using a method where you have to use a windows app and it worked and I got in to the but the installer was broken (keep in mind I did use your efi folder) so imma try to take the working clover and redo the install media and see if that works

heres a better pic of where clover stops

heres a better pic of where clover stops
It looks like the APFS module stopped which the drivers are in place for in the EFI folder. Do you have another hard drive you can try installing to? Have you gone down that road yet? Did you follow all the bios guidelines and have Legacy Boot enabled? Also secure boot disabled? I don't think you ever answered me.

To start, choose "Load Defaults" (choose from the menu or press F9 in the BIOS setup).

Then change:
- Boot->Boot Configuration, disable "Network Boot"
- Power->Secondary Power Settings, "Wake on LAN from S4/S5", set to "Stay Off"

These settings are important but are already set as needed by "Load Defaults"
- Devices->Video, "IGD Minimum Memory" set to 64mb or 128mb
- Devices->Video, "IGD Aperture Size" set to 256mb
- Boot->Secure Boot, "Secure Boot" is disabled
- Security->Security Features, "Execute Disable Bit" is enabled.

Suggested:
- Boot->Boot Priority->Legacy Boot Priority, disable "Legacy Boot" (it will reduce confusion).
Exception: NUC8 (read above NUC8 notes)

The config.plist included in my EFI folder takes care of the RTC issues we had a while back so any bios version should work now. It also has a newer version of Clover that gets you past updates in Mojave and Catalina.

My NUC8I5BEH arrived today so tommorow I'll try to install OSX on a 970 EVO (not the plus model as I read it is not well supported). Does the new version of clover means that I directly can install Catalina or do I need to install Mojave first and update from there?

My NUC8I5BEH arrived today so tommorow I'll try to install OSX on a 970 EVO (not the plus model as I read it is not well supported). Does the new version of clover means that I directly can install Catalina or do I need to install Mojave first and update from there?
Direct to Catalina has worked

Recommendations from Kext updater -

I downloaded kext updater to give it a try. It pointed out the need to update clover and also downloaded the new version of several kexts. It also advises that I should "delete your old IntelMausiEthernet and use IntelMausi instead." Can I trust this, or am I better off sticking with IntelMausiEthernet?

thanks

How should i install catalina on my nuc8i5beh?
I have downloaded and created the installer succesfly
Now which guide its better to follow for the clover configuration of the EFI folder?
There is also support for a config.plist and also sdsd patches yet?
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back