Contribute
Register

[Guide] Installing macOS Mojave (10.14.2) on Intel NUCi5BEH using Clover UEFI + updating to Mojave (10.14.6) on post#2

Status
Not open for further replies.
No sound after Catalina update.

I have been connecting my speakers to the audio jack in the front. I updated to Catalina and now I do not have sound. Checking the settings it looks like the port may not even be detected. I also noticed that for audio input I used to see the webcam and the microphone. I do not see the microphone anymore. Any suggestions?

See below from the home page and note the comment about audio, it would be the easiest thing to try.

What we know about 10.15.0 so far...
  • macOS Build 19A583
  • 32-bit Apps will not run on macOS Catalina.
  • Updated Intel, NVIDIA, and AMD graphics drivers
    • NVIDIA Alternate Graphics Drivers have NOT been updatedfor macOS Mojave/Catalina. Users of NVIDIA Maxwell or Pascal graphics cards should stay on macOS High Sierra.
    • Catalina Graphics Support: AMD Radeon HD 7xxx and higher, Intel HD 4000 and higher, NVIDIA 6xx and 7xx 'Kepler'
    • Intel HD 630 graphics users may need to add -disablegfxfirmware at Clover boot screen
  • Updated audio drivers.
    • Updated AppleALC, Lilu, and WhateverGreen may be required. Download here.
  • Updated USB drivers
    • New Raise Port Limit patch required for some systems. See herefor details.

See below from the home page and note the comment about audio, it would be the easiest thing to try.

Thanks for the quick response...I wanted to be careful so that my ignorance does not make matters worse :). I downloaded the three mentioned Kext's, mounted my EFI drive and copied them over to efi\clover\kext\other (where I have all my kext files) and did a reboot. It did not have an effect. I also see that calatina has kext files in \library\extension\kext......wondering if I need to take any additional steps or changes for these to be recognized?
for now I have a bluetooth speaker connected.

I will give this a try later today and report in:

that link did the trick!

hey I followed the guide and gotten a black screen with a white circle with a line in it and i can't tell if its a problem with the computer or the usb

hey I followed the guide and gotten a black screen with a white circle with a line in it and i can't tell if its a problem with the computer or the usb
This and the original guide by Rehabman are outdated. Please see here:

that's the one I used
So to clarify you used my EFI folder? What hardware? Please update your signature to show what device you are working with. Do you have secure boot disabled? Also what media are you trying to install to, brand and model.

At the Clover Boot menu press the spacebar and toggle down to boot verbose (-v) and take a picture of where it hangs.

Hello all, new on this forum. Before 2011 (the year I bought my MBP 15 I7 which is still in use running Mojave), I worked several years on hackintosh systems. My plan is to build a Nuc into an Akasa Turing case for fanless operation and proper cooling so I have a silent Music production system. Parts will be 32 GB of crucial compatible DDR4 and a m.2 970 Evo.

Has any one tried if the NUC8I5BEH Thunderbolt 3 port will work with the UAD Apollo Twin X? I'm planning to order an NUC8I5BEH, but for me having TB3 support for the Twin is essential (hotplug I don't care about). I see this guide and Rehabs guide are not valid anymore. Is there a thread somewhere where the new method is explained?

Hello all, new on this forum. Before 2011 (the year I bought my MBP 15 I7 which is still in use running Mojave), I worked several years on hackintosh systems. My plan is to build a Nuc into an Akasa Turing case for fanless operation and proper cooling so I have a silent Music production system. Parts will be 32 GB of crucial compatible DDR4 and a m.2 970 Evo.

Has any one tried if the NUC8I5BEH Thunderbolt 3 port will work with the UAD Apollo Twin X? I'm planning to order an NUC8I5BEH, but for me having TB3 support for the Twin is essential (hotplug I don't care about). I see this guide and Rehabs guide are not valid anymore. Is there a thread somewhere where the new method is explained?
The Thunderbolt port works but compatibility varies by device and user experience varies. This is the most comprehensive list of compatible devices I've been able to find and I've attached the link as well. I see a lot of frustrated users who expect to use an external sound processing device with an NUC but have mixed success. I would keep searching for a better answer across the web before you buy or else just buy a used Mac mini or other apple device.

Thunderbolt 3 Devices.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back