Contribute
Register

[Guide] Installing macOS Mojave (10.14.2) on Intel NUCi5BEH using Clover UEFI + updating to Mojave (10.14.6) on post#2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I told you in the other thread don't follow the guide, see this post here or else you will never be able to finish the install. #428

You should be using the Unibeast download from the site to create the USB disk for a Mojave install instead. You should just be cursing yourself out because its pretty easy compared to formatting and then using create media in terminal like you are trying to do. Create media works too but you apparently have the wrong idea of how to do it.

The USB install drive isn't supposed to have an APFS partition, this is what mine says in disk utility: USB External Physical Volume • Mac OS Extended (Journaled)

The problem is totally different, I found out that the mojave installer is corrupted and give an error, so I tried to download it from a macbook pro, same issues, and download it again from google, same issues again, now I have the dmg file and I tried to mount the installer but same issues.. Is not possible installing catalina straight away insted of mojave?

The problem is totally different, I found out that the mojave installer is corrupted and give an error, so I tried to download it from a macbook pro, same issues, and download it again from google, same issues again, now I have the dmg file and I tried to mount the installer but same issues.. Is not possible installing catalina straight away insted of mojave?
Possibly, the EFI folder works with Catalina. You have other issues to figure out if you can't download Mojave, I just did it and it worked fine. Maybe something here will help download.

Possibly, the EFI folder works with Catalina. You have other issues to figure out if you can't download Mojave, I just did it and it worked fine. Maybe something here will help download.
thank you, I give a look. you are really helpfull

I told you in the other thread don't follow the guide, see this post here or else you will never be able to finish the install. #428

You should be using the Unibeast download from the site to create the USB disk for a Mojave install instead. You should just be cursing yourself out because its pretty easy compared to formatting and then using create media in terminal like you are trying to do. Create media works too but you apparently have the wrong idea of how to do it.

The USB install drive isn't supposed to have an APFS partition, this is what mine says in disk utility: USB External Physical Volume • Mac OS Extended (Journaled)

I finally made it reboot it copied efi folder and done!! I am trying to check all the hardware, any suggestion where to start to set up the thunderbolt??

I finally made it reboot it copied efi folder and done!! I am trying to check all the hardware, any suggestion where to start to set up the thunderbolt??
Great, just change the bios setting for Thunderbolt to "Legacy". Hot plugging doesn't work, the device you want to use must be plugged in on start up.

Great, just change the bios setting for Thunderbolt to "Legacy". Hot plugging doesn't work, the device you want to use must be plugged in on start up.
Now the screen is flashing with strange sound what I have to do?

Now the screen is flashing with strange sound what I have to do?
After changing the bios settings for Thunderbolt? How is your monitor connected?

After changing the bios settings for Thunderbolt? How is your monitor connected?
No I didn't changed yet, I was typing when It started to do that, monitor connected via hdmi but I was thinking to use the thunderbolt and free the hdmi of the screen for the ps4..I am now replaced the efi folder with the one that you posted few days ago to another user to see if it is run correclty but the loading of the system is taking a year

Last edited:
No I didn't changed yet, I was typing when It started to do that, monitor connected via hdmi but I was thinking to use the thunderbolt and free the hdmi of the screen for the ps4..I am now replaced the efi folder with the one that you posted few days ago to another user to see if it is run correclty but the loading of the system is taking a year
It’s probably hanging. You can hit the space bar at the clover boot screen and scroll down to find the “verbose” setting. Check it and then scroll back up to boot with these settings. It will show the activity on the screen as it loads.

Question. Did you load Mojave or Catalina? If its Catalina you may need to update the Whatevergreen.kext.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back