Contribute
Register

[Guide] Installing macOS Mojave (10.14.2) on Intel NUCi5BEH using Clover UEFI + updating to Mojave (10.14.6) on post#2

Status
Not open for further replies.
QUOTE="gmdelisle, post: 1972795, member: 2184428"]
Hey @Softy
Cool to hear your system works!
Can you share how you got this card to fit/work your Nuc?
And are we talking about this card really? https://www.ebay.com/p/Broadcom-Bcm...h-4-0-PC-Desktop-WLAN-Card-PCI-E-1x/910085579
Thanks in advance!
[/QUOTE]

Ha ha...what expansion slots?

See post 573 and read on a few pages. It definitely works but you give up the M2 slot.

Ha ha...what expansion slots?

See post 573 and read on a few pages. It definitely works but you give up the M2 slot.

Wow definitely will be trying out this setup. Even bluetooth ended up working?

Wow definitely will be trying out this setup. Even bluetooth ended up working?
I am using the BCM94360CS2 and M.2 adapter (https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32947752122.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.5c2d4c4dw92XUE) for WiFi and BT.
WiFi card will use M.2 channel, while Bluetooth part of this card will have to use USB header. I use a 2-pin JST 1mm cable to connect between this adapter and internal USB header.
I could report that WiFi works out of box, no EFI/kexts needed, while Bluetooth is not recognized with EFI/kexts provided in post #430. Maybe USB mapping needs some works. And I also have sleep issue with these files (described at the end of this post)
When I use EFI/kexts from here (https://github.com/dongyubin/nuc8i5beh/tree/master/4950EFI/CLOVER), everything works. Airdrops/Continuity works without further tweaks.
I could use my magic keyboard and trackpad without any issue, but I am still experiencing problems with sleep. The unit waked up immediately after sleep. After waking up, it could not access internal mic and Bluetooth behaved abnormally (magic keyboard function keys does not works any more, trackpad lost multi-touch). System info still show bluetooth adapter, but not "connectable".
I think it could be some issue with ACPI patches and USB mapping, but it is beyond my capacity and time availability to figure it out for now.

TL,DR: now I have fully functional unit if I never let my unit sleep.

Hi @gmdelisle,
it is this type of card. And I use this type of adapter to fit it in M.2 slot. You need to connect Data+ and Data- to internal USB header otherwise Bluetooth will not work.
This card have 3 antennas connections, so I route one additional antenna under top plastic cover (there is only one place for doing that).
Wifi works out of the box. For Bluetooth you need patch to enable internal USB ports. Don't ask my how, I don't know, because I found patched SSDT somewhere on internet :lol: . But this patch is for bios v56, so maybe this is reason why my NUC occasionally just restart (in tenth of minutes after boot). Last day is working for 5 hours without restarting.

how do I delete apost?

My system is up and running. It's stable and fast. Thanks for all the help.

Is there a driver for the SD card reader?

Is there a driver for the SD card reader?
I haven't tried using the card reader, its not listed in Rehabmans recap of what works and what doesn't. I have an icon for the card reader showing in the top right corner of the desktop but I don't have a card that size formatted for OSX (although if it was FAT32 or NTFS it would probably show up)
Card Reader Icon.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back