Motherboard
ASUS P8H77-I
CPU
i7-3770
Graphics
RX 570
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
Also with bios#71 and official clover#4920, I suggest @jimborae to use RTC patch.
Except I cant boot into ios to apply to it. HAve tried every which way to downgrade to bios 56 or 51 but cant. Keep getting invalid bios, update aborted message. Can anyone post the bios 66 file please so i can try that.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Aorus Master Z390
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
5700 XT
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
Android
No boot for me on bios 71, Clover 4910 & 10.14.6, was booting fine bios Ver 56. Now can't seem to downgrade bios either. :(
See post 819 on how to downgrade bios if neeeded.

Motherboard
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
5700 XT
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
Android
"After obtaining the Clover installer, unzip it and run Clover pkg".

This seems an impossibility while Clover_v2.4k_r4920 won't install on my MacBook mid 2012, Mojave 10.14.5. During installation a get a warning: "This package is incompatible with this version of macOS and may fail to install."
after continuing you will indeed get a fail. Also older versions are not able to install.

Can you tell me if this is a known issue?
Make sure you are targeting the USB drive or whatever drive you are trying to update, not your MacBook hardrive. Change the default drive before trying to install.

Motherboard
Intel NUC8i5BEH2-Clover
CPU
i5-8259U
Graphics
Iris Plus 655
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
Android
Make sure you are targeting the USB drive or whatever drive you are trying to update, not your MacBook hardrive. Change the default drive before trying to install.
Thanx, That worked... up to the next step>..:crazy:

Motherboard
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
5700 XT
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
Android
anyone now what synchronisation point error is referring to ?
Is this on your Maximus VIII Formula or do you have one of these intel NUCs?

Last edited:
Motherboard
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
5700 XT
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
Android
Hi everyone, Intel updated their pages for BIOS at v71 now:

NUC8i5BEK = https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/126147/Intel-NUC-Kit-NUC8i5BEK

NUC8i7BEH = https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/126140/Intel-NUC-Kit-NUC8i7BEH

I am at v56 and happily running hassle-free 10.14.4 with smooth 10.14.5 update yesterday... seems this BIOS addressed a few storage issues with updates, including AHCI... if anyone updates, please do share your experience and SSD/NVMe model... thanks and good luck!
I just updated from 66 to 71 on my NUC8i3BEK, works fine. I already had the bios fix in my config.plsit from back in March when this was first reported as a fix. Its still working!

Motherboard
Intel NUC8i7BEH2
CPU
i7-8559U
Graphics
Iris Plus 655
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS
Thanks for confirming @Leesureone, any idea what this Clover patch actually does? I usually do not want to copy-paste things blindly, and in the learning process, it’s always always interesting to know what is being changed... But I am impressed that this new BIOS still needs this patch, I was hoping that it would have been only used in previous ones, and that this new v71 would look like v56 instead...

Motherboard
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
5700 XT
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
Android
Thanks for confirming @Leesureone, any idea what this Clover patch actually does? I usually do not want to copy-paste things blindly, and in the learning process, it’s always always interesting to know what is being changed... But I am impressed that this new BIOS still needs this patch, I was hoping that it would have been only used in previous ones, and that this new v71 would look like v56 instead...
That is a fine question and I wish I knew enough to answer it! There were comments in the fix that mentioned RTC but I don't know what about the Real Time Clock the patch is changing. Some kind of address?

<dict>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>Fix NUC BIOS DSDT Device(RTC)</string>
<key>Disabled</key>
<false/>
<key>Find</key>
<data>oAqTU1RBUwE=</data>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>oAqRCv8L//8=</data>
</dict>

Motherboard
ASUS P8H77-I
CPU
i7-3770
Graphics
RX 570
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
See post 819 on how to downgrade bios if neeeded.

Thanks mate, but already tried all the known ways to downgrade and it just wont work. Seems I'm not the only one acoording to intel support forums, a few people on there have had had issues downgrading NUC for a couple of years.

The only thing i can think of trying now is to try downgrading to the last released bios and do it that way but not sure that will even work but it's worth giving it a shot. Hence my request for someone to post Bios 66.. :)

Motherboard
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
5700 XT
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
Android
Thanks mate, but already tried all the known ways to downgrade and it just wont work. Seems I'm not the only one acoording to intel support forums, a few people on there have had had issues downgrading NUC for a couple of years.

The only thing i can think of trying now is to try downgrading to the last released bios and do it that way but not sure that will even work but it's worth giving it a shot. Hence my request for someone to post Bios 66.. :)

Well, that sucks. Here is bios version 66 but if you were running 56 before this probably will fail to boot just like 71. Its a documented issue. Try it and see.

Meanwhile if you update the config.plist on your USB drive with the following DSDT patch shown in the Clover Configurator screen shot (the last line) it should boot regardless of the bios version, you can stay on 71. You could just try my config.plist on your USB drive. It should boot and allow you access to your hard drive EFI folder config.plist for editing.

If you are using a text editor it looks like this, it goes in ACPI/DSDT/ Patches as a new entry.

<dict>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>Fix NUC BIOS DSDT Device(RTC)</string>
<key>Disabled</key>
<false/>
<key>Find</key>
<data>oAqTU1RBUwE=</data>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>oAqRCv8L//8=</data>
</dict>

Attachments

Last edited: