Contribute
Register

[Guide] Installing macOS Mojave (10.14.2) on Intel NUCi5BEH using Clover UEFI + updating to Mojave (10.14.6) on post#2

Status
Not open for further replies.
sorry for the multiple replies...could be the bios version you have as well. There are posts regarding that in the main Rehabman thread as well as here I believe. Versions above 56 cause Hackintosh issues.

Thanks for your replies! I havent updated my bios so it is on the one that the NUC came with - where abouts is the verbose option you mentioned? I have:

boot argos
Configs
GUI Tuning
ACPI patching
SMBIOS
PCI devices
CPU tuning
Graphics INjector
Audio Tuning
Startup sound output
Binaries patching
System Parameters
Return

As my options! (apologies if I'm being dumb I'm new to clover!)

sorry for the multiple replies...could be the bios version you have as well. There are posts regarding that in the main Rehabman thread as well as here I believe. Versions above 56 cause Hackintosh issues.

Apologies; now its my turn for multiple posts. I've found how to enter the -v and the following screenshot is what came up... I've no idea what this means or if it means there is anything wrong

Attachments

• 20190316_164242.jpg
    20190316_164242.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 61
Apologies; now its my turn for multiple posts. I've found how to enter the -v and the following screenshot is what came up... I've no idea what this means or if it means there is anything wrong
What version bios did it come configured with? If its 56 or below then no issue.

I've had install hang the same place a couple of times. Once on a gigabyte motherboard when I only had one memory bank filled. Once I installed a pair and filled both banks it booted. I don't know if that is an issue with the NUCs or not but on other set ups it is. I've got both banks installed on my NUC8.

Do you have a matching pair of compatible ram you can use to test?

What version bios did it come configured with? If its 56 or below then no issue.

I've had install hang the same place a couple of times. Once on a gigabyte motherboard when I only had one memory bank filled. Once I installed a pair and filled both banks it booted. I don't know if that is an issue with the NUCs or not but on other set ups it is. I've got both banks installed on my NUC8.

Do you have a matching pair of compatible ram you can use to test?

How do you find out what bios version the system came installed with? There are currently two CT2K4G4SFS824A ram sticks in the nuc . I don't have any more ram to test the system on - are there any other things I can do ?

How do you find out what bios version the system came installed with? There are currently two CT2K4G4SFS824A ram sticks in the nuc . I don't have any more ram to test the system on - are there any other things I can do ?

Also did the install continue after awhile on your nuc? Should I just let the blank screen hang for longer? I've left it for up to a couple of minutes before and no change at all.

Also did the install continue after awhile on your nuc? Should I just let the blank screen hang for longer? I've left it for up to a couple of minutes before and no change at all.
The bios version is shown at the top of the first page of your bios settings. I'm not at a computer but as I recall it's not displayed as just 56 or whatever. It's a much longer set of charactetr.

Hit f2 or function and f2 at the same time if your keyboard is like mine to enter the bios. Did you change your bios settings as documented in the first post?

As far as waiting for it to progress in my experiences when it hangs there you are done.

I've just updated to the latest bios version and it hasn't made any difference - I don't know what the system was on before. I've checked my settings, my bios settings, everything in the loader itself; everything is as it is in the guide. But all I get when I click the mojave icon is a blank screen. Is there anything else I could be missing?

If you updated to the latest version of the bios that's the problem, above version 56 will cause your install to fail. A bunch of folks have reported that as an issue and it happened to me as well. You are to need to downgrade, instructions for your model whatever it is are on Intels website. At least you know what the issue is now. Good Luck!

I've tried the bootloader on both the original bios that came with the nuc and now the updated version. I've tried to downgrade and the nuc just says that the version is incompatible and refuses to continue. The bios is definitely not the issue as whatever bios the nuc came with to begin with loaded the exact same blank screen as the updated bios.

If you updated to the latest version of the bios that's the problem, above version 56 will cause your install to fail. A bunch of folks have reported that as an issue and it happened to me as well. You are to need to downgrade, instructions for your model whatever it is are on Intels website. At least you know what the issue is now. Good Luck!

You are going to need to do more research on how to downgrade the bios. Some folks have a jumper on the motherboard that needs to be set to allow a downgrade. Some you just need it on a flash drive and hit F7 at boot.It would kind of help to know what versions you are talking about to be sure but I’ll leave it in your hands to resolve.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back