Contribute
Register

[Guide] Installing macOS Mojave (10.14.2) on Intel NUCi5BEH using Clover UEFI + updating to Mojave (10.14.6) on post#2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have attached the screenshot of the last screen in verbose mode
Indicative of a graphics problem, try booting with an invalid ig-platform-id (0x12345678).
It is an option from the Clover boot menu.

I got tired of trying to make evo 970 plus work in my hackintosh build. Just disabled it in bios and bought a superslow Kingston a400. Worked immediately, rock solid so far. That Kingston drive is 7 times slower than my evo, but I think it works ok for now. Can’t wait until my evo works in a hackintosh build. Performance must be mindblowing

Indicative of a graphics problem, try booting with an invalid ig-platform-id (0x12345678).
Thank you P1LGRIM. Adding ig-platform-id resolved the hang-up at 2min, and it appears that I was able to successfully install 10.14, as Clover now shows that as a boot option.

From there, I again entered 0x12345678 under FakeID and *-platform-ID, and booted OS X from the SSD, at which point I am left with a grey screen and unresponsive mouse cursor.

Per an earlier response in this thread (#106), I can confirm that FakeSMC.kext is in my EFI/Clover/kexts/Other directory.

Thank you for your patience in helping me resolve this.

Attachments

• EFI-CLOVER-kexts-Other directory.png
    EFI-CLOVER-kexts-Other directory.png
    187.1 KB · Views: 123
I got tired of trying to make evo 970 plus work in my hackintosh build. Just disabled it in bios and bought a superslow Kingston a400. Worked immediately, rock solid so far. That Kingston drive is 7 times slower than my evo, but I think it works ok for now. Can’t wait until my evo works in a hackintosh build. Performance must be mindblowing
My Silicon Power A80 512GB (SU512GBP34A80M28AB) works OK. Evo 970 especially should works.

Thank you P1LGRIM. Adding ig-platform-id resolved the hang-up at 2min, and it appears that I was able to successfully install 10.14, as Clover now shows that as a boot option.

From there, I again entered 0x12345678 under FakeID and *-platform-ID, and booted OS X from the SSD, at which point I am left with a grey screen and unresponsive mouse cursor.

Per an earlier response in this thread (#106), I can confirm that FakeSMC.kext is in my EFI/Clover/kexts/Other directory.

Thank you for your patience in helping me resolve this.

Sorry for the multiple posts-- my Internet access is being very spotty due to storms. Certainly did not mean to flood the thread.

My Silicon Power A80 512GB (SU512GBP34A80M28AB) works OK. Evo 970 especially should works.

Evo 970 works, but the new updated evo 970 plus does not. It crashes all over

I think I finally resolved the issue, as there was a BIOS setting I had mis-read.

I have thus far been able to complete the installation, needing to enter single user at one point to avoid reboot when choosing language, and have completed almost all of the post-install steps.

What I do not see, however, is a /Volumes/EFI directory. There is a Volumes/ESP directory that is mounted when I run ./mount_efi.sh, which lead to a failure of the
cp config_nuc8_bc.plist /Volumes/EFI/EFI/Clover/config.plist
command, though I changed it to /Volumes/ESP/EFI/Clover/config.plist, which seems to suffice.

Seems to be working fine, although, if it goes to sleep, waking it up causes the monitor to show digital snow/noise, but maybe that's in here or RehabMan's thread.

Looks like I'm stuck at step 8 of part 2, Apple logo with full progress bar (verbose attached). I'm doing the install using Mojave 10.14.6 (not sure if this is why).
I just completed an install tonight and got stuck at the same step.

I pulled out my usb stick and reviewed it...I found I had one kext missing from the Other subdirectory...but what I really think was the error was the config.plist file. the instructions says to copy it from the nuc8 config file...but what I missed is there is a nuc8 install config file and a plain nuc8 config file...I incorrectly used the plain and not the install file on my usb stick. I corrected that (actually rebuilt the flash drive) and reinstalled. This time I saw the graphics and colors of the clover theme, the osx install screen looked better, and more importantly I got past this hang up. You may want to check the same

Just wanted to thank everyone who contributed to this guide and posted comments. I was able to successfully install on a nuci5beh using 16gb ram and 500gb 2.5 ssd. Only issue I need to figure out is imessage...I may need to work on the serial number. I grabbed a non supported bluetooth dongle and my apple keyboard and mouse worked fine. Bluetooth sound worked great. Just for kicks I took a usb apple dvd drive that I have and attached it. I was able to play a Disc with no problem.

Thanks again!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back