Contribute
Register

[Guide] Installing macOS Mojave (10.14.2) on Intel NUCi5BEH using Clover UEFI + updating to Mojave (10.14.6) on post#2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope didn't work. I made a mistake in my previous post. I can't boot with emuvariableuefi. So I don't really know what you did with efi folder but it didn't work for me. On new versions of clover and aptiomemoryfix It's difficult to find what the error is (0x9) or something. But in older versions of clover and osxaptiomemoryfix.efi you can see It cant allocate below 0x100000 or something. If I boot without emuvariable it works but it's unstable. Thanks for the help btw.

Nope didn't work. I made a mistake in my previous post. I can't boot with emuvariableuefi. So I don't really know what you did with efi folder but it didn't work for me. On new versions of clover and aptiomemoryfix It's difficult to find what the error is (0x9) or something. But in older versions of clover and osxaptiomemoryfix.efi you can see It cant allocate below 0x100000 or something. If I boot without emuvariable it works but it's unstable. Thanks for the help btw.
Well I sold all my NUCs except the NUC10 i7 which is a different animal altogether. What I’m saying is I‘d recommend trying one of the OC EFI folders here which are compatible with later versions of Catalina. The Clover versions haven’t been updated for months.
See post 90

OK I'll try it out. I've been wanting to switch to opencore for a while but I couldn't understand how to set it up.

Ok Thanks! I used the open core 6.0 folder and now I have a stable MacOS once again! I owe you twice! Thank you very much I don't know what I would do without you!

Well I sold all my NUCs except the NUC10 i7 which is a different animal altogether. What I’m saying is I‘d recommend trying one of the OC EFI folders here which are compatible with later versions of Catalina. The Clover versions haven’t been updated for months.
See post 90

is that NUC 10 able to hackintosh?

is that NUC 10 able to hackintosh?

See post 90
Thanks @Leesureone for providing the NUC8 OC6 file. I had been having freezing issues with my NUC8i5 and was at a loss on how to fix it until I came across this forum page and your comment at the end to try your OC EFI files. So far no more freezes and it's working great. Thank you!

HELP.

I usually run kext updated, apply the updates for clover or kexts and reboot without any problems but...

today I applied the kext updates and moved from clover 5122 to 5122....the first reboot took me to clover where it would try to boot the macos volume, but end up back at the clover menu again. I powered off and started up and now I dont get to clover at all.

booting from a live linux usb I can see the drive and the EFI and macos partition. The log from the clover install is as follows.

I am thinking I probably need go back to the 5122 version of clover but I am not sure how to do that and dont want to make things worse. Guidance/suggestions/assistance would be greatly appreciated....I also have my kext directory backed up on the macos partition.

Clover EFI installer log - Sun Oct 18 15:33:33 EDT 2020
Installer version: r5125 (commit: aee426fa3) EFI bootloader
======================================================
/dev/disk0 (internal, physical):
#: TYPE NAME SIZE IDENTIFIER
0: GUID_partition_scheme *500.1 GB disk0
1: EFI EFI 209.7 MB disk0s1
2: Apple_APFS Container disk1 499.9 GB disk0s2

/dev/disk1 (synthesized):
0: APFS Container Scheme - +499.9 GB disk1
Physical Store disk0s2
1: APFS Volume macOS - Data 81.8 GB disk1s1
2: APFS Volume Preboot 82.0 MB disk1s2
3: APFS Volume Recovery 529.0 MB disk1s3
4: APFS Volume VM 2.1 GB disk1s4
5: APFS Volume macOS 11.7 GB disk1s5

Target volume /Volumes/macOS on disk1 is APFS on physical store disk0s2
Backing up EFI files

Backing up /Volumes/macOS/EFIROOTDIR/EFI folder to /Volumes/macOS/EFI-Backups/r5122/2020-10-18-15h33/EFI
Installing BootSectors/BootLoader

Stage 0 - Don't write any of boot0af, boot0md, boot0ss to /
Stage 1 - Don't write any of boot1h2, boot1f32alt, boot1xalt to /

=========== Clover EFI Installation Finish ===========

HELP.

I usually run kext updated, apply the updates for clover or kexts and reboot without any problems but...

today I applied the kext updates and moved from clover 5122 to 5122....the first reboot took me to clover where it would try to boot the macos volume, but end up back at the clover menu again. I powered off and started up and now I dont get to clover at all.

booting from a live linux usb I can see the drive and the EFI and macos partition. The log from the clover install is as follows.

I am thinking I probably need go back to the 5122 version of clover but I am not sure how to do that and dont want to make things worse. Guidance/suggestions/assistance would be greatly appreciated....I also have my kext directory backed up on the macos partition.

Clover EFI installer log - Sun Oct 18 15:33:33 EDT 2020
Installer version: r5125 (commit: aee426fa3) EFI bootloader
/dev/disk0 (internal, physical):
0: GUID_partition_scheme *500.1 GB disk0
1: EFI EFI 209.7 MB disk0s1
2: Apple_APFS Container disk1 499.9 GB disk0s2

/dev/disk1 (synthesized):
0: APFS Container Scheme - +499.9 GB disk1
Physical Store disk0s2
1: APFS Volume macOS - Data 81.8 GB disk1s1
2: APFS Volume Preboot 82.0 MB disk1s2
3: APFS Volume Recovery 529.0 MB disk1s3
4: APFS Volume VM 2.1 GB disk1s4
5: APFS Volume macOS 11.7 GB disk1s5

Target volume /Volumes/macOS on disk1 is APFS on physical store disk0s2
Backing up EFI files

Backing up /Volumes/macOS/EFIROOTDIR/EFI folder to /Volumes/macOS/EFI-Backups/r5122/2020-10-18-15h33/EFI
Installing BootSectors/BootLoader

Stage 0 - Don't write any of boot0af, boot0md, boot0ss to /
Stage 1 - Don't write any of boot1h2, boot1f32alt, boot1xalt to /

=========== Clover EFI Installation Finish ===========
That's happened to a couple of people, Clover update breaks their setup. Best you can do it use or make a new USB Boot drive with the older version of clover. Boot from it to reach your desktop and make repairs

thanks for the guidance...got the old version of clover booting on USB with copy of files from efi...was able to boot in to macos. disconnected USB, installed clover 5122 to the efi partition, rolled back Kexts and all is now well. Got to spend some time thinking about figuring out backup/restores I can use to test updates :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back