Contribute
Register

[Guide] Installing macOS Mojave (10.14.2) on Intel NUCi5BEH using Clover UEFI + updating to Mojave (10.14.6) on post#2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Cric, there is a kext you can add to EFI\Clover\Kext\others that reportedly works. It doesn't correct the status bar readings but apparently allows you to read and write to the card. Here is a link to where you can download it and read a little more if you like.
Thanks for your help.
kext added, but the microSD drive made a very strange noise (like Floppy drives in the old days...) and the microSD card wasn't recognized.
I'll make another try when I get back home with another microSD card.

Thanks for your help.
kext added, but the microSD drive made a very strange noise (like Floppy drives in the old days...) and the microSD card wasn't recognized.
I'll make another try when I get back home with another microSD card.
There are no moving parts, its just contact to contact, so how it could make a noise is beyond me unless it was some kind of electronic feedback from your speakers. Some users swear this kext works, I've had it installed but never tried to read a card with it so I can't say it worked.

Last edited:
There are no moving parts, its just contact to contact, so how it could make a noise is beyond me unless it was some kins of electronic feedback from your speakers. Some users swear this kext works, I've had it installed but never tried to read a card with it so I can't say it worked.
I confirm it's not working for me (still that strange mechanical sound).
No big deal, I'll buy an adaptor.

Maybe just start over and then install the newest version of clover on your hard drive after install and then update the EFI folder, after 14.2 you need to and with bios 71 you need the RTC fix in your config.plist on both the USB and HD to boot.

Hi,
in the summer it was to much for me. But now during holiday season I got back to my NUC and using #428 folder I was able to successfully install it and now Im fully transformed to new machine (finally in the fast lane!!).
Im still having one issue though:
When I sleep my NUC, it resumes nicely, but when it sleeps during whole night, it resumes with blinking noise picture.
When it resumes on schedule, it works ok though.

I tried many things:
- bought new cable to eliminate HW issue
- unchecked wake on ethernet network and power nap
- disabled standby using pmset
- disabled hibernatemode using pmset
- replaced old kexts in the /Library/Extensions/ with new ones from Other folder in #428 so now it look like this: https://www.icloud.com/sharedalbum/#B09G1CvrSJtR3GE;E854A1C1-0201-4CB2-8111-2FB5A87C83D3

I think Im running out of ideas..

Hi,
in the summer it was to much for me. But now during holiday season I got back to my NUC and using #428 folder I was able to successfully install it and now Im fully transformed to new machine (finally in the fast lane!!).
Im still having one issue though:
When I sleep my NUC, it resumes nicely, but when it sleeps during whole night, it resumes with blinking noise picture.
When it resumes on schedule, it works ok though.

I tried many things:
- bought new cable to eliminate HW issue
- unchecked wake on ethernet network and power nap
- disabled standby using pmset
- disabled hibernatemode using pmset
- replaced old kexts in the /Library/Extensions/ with new ones from Other folder in #428 so now it look like this: https://www.icloud.com/sharedalbum/#B09G1CvrSJtR3GE;E854A1C1-0201-4CB2-8111-2FB5A87C83D3

I think Im running out of ideas..

Hey Jamikus,

Have you tried it on a different monitor or maybe a TV?
Are you using DVI to HDMI adapter?

It looks like it might be a digital input problem but it's very hard to know just from that video.

Speak soon

Hey Jamikus,

Have you tried it on a different monitor or maybe a TV?
Are you using DVI to HDMI adapter?

It looks like it might be a digital input problem but it's very hard to know just from that video.

Speak soon

Hi,

thank you for fast response. Im using HDMI to DVI-D cable (it was the same with previous HDMI to DVI-I). Is there something inherently wrong with it? I tried also HP HDMI LCD with HDMI only cable, but there was problem after even short sleep. LCD didnt woke up automatically, had to manually switch input back-and-forth (even if it was set for steady input selection).

I will check behaviur after long sleep, but results will be tomorrow probably :)

Hi,

thank you for fast response. Im using HDMI to DVI-D cable (it was the same with previous HDMI to DVI-I). Is there something inherently wrong with it? I tried also HP HDMI LCD with HDMI only cable, but there was problem after even short sleep. LCD didnt woke up automatically, had to manually switch input back-and-forth (even if it was set for steady input selection).

I will check behaviur after long sleep, but results will be tomorrow probably :)

Sometimes the hdmi adapters/converters can mess up the digital signal.
I always recommend trying with hdmi only.

Also if you haven't, try to disable the screen saver from the system preferences.

BTW, Is there any reason you like to put the nuc to sleep?

Fingers crossed and keep me posted!

Hi,

Can you please update your signature so we know what type of NUC you are having issues with and have a better idea of how to support you.

Hi,
thanks for helping hand. I will try to disable screensaver and let you know.
Today computer didnt go to sleep when I went, this occasionaly happened also on old mac mini when some app prevented it.
But usually when I sleep or I'm not around, I want my computer to sleep so it is ready the moment I touch the keyboard. But when screen doesnt wake up, I need to hard reset.
Its NUC Kit NUC8i5BEH + ADATA SSD XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB + 32 GB RAM Crucial Ballistix Sport LT DDR4

Hi,
thanks for helping hand. I will try to disable screensaver and let you know.
Today computer didnt go to sleep when I went, this occasionaly happened also on old mac mini when some app prevented it.
But usually when I sleep or I'm not around, I want my computer to sleep so it is ready the moment I touch the keyboard. But when screen doesnt wake up, I need to hard reset.
Its NUC Kit NUC8i5BEH + ADATA SSD XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB + 32 GB RAM Crucial Ballistix Sport LT DDR4
Needing to reboot does not sound like the screen saver is related. One thing to check is if you applied the bios settings correctly per the first post. USB devices can also cause sleep problems, your keyboard and mouse shouldn't be a problem but if you have anything else plugged in unplug it and then test what happens. Manually tell it to sleep. You can also try a different keyboard mouse set up.
The graphic issues can be a number of issues but it can be related to the cable or the monitor itself, possibly the adapter but you'd have to try a different setup to test. The USBc/ Thunderbolt jack can be used for display as well unless you had other plans for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back