Contribute
Register

[Guide] Installing macOS Mojave (10.14.2) on Intel NUCi5BEH using Clover UEFI + updating to Mojave (10.14.6) on post#2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I managed to get the install_osx visible in clover.

This is how I fixed it. The file HFSplus.efi was missing from the Leesureone and the clover install EFI folder.

It's a bit confusing because it is supposed to be in the folder drivers64UEFI, but that does not exist anymore in new clover builds. This is how it is managed now:
  • drivers64UEFI -> drivers/UEFI
  • drivers64 -> drivers/BIOS
So I downloaded HFSplus.efi and put it in drivers/UEFI and now I can see the disks in clover and the install option. I try to install it later.

So my USB stick was properly setup after all with the terminal commands just some driver missing from the EFI.zip in this post and the clover install.

Hello,

With the help of @Leesureone post #1 and #2 have been updated (proper files provided by Leesureone are attached in post #2).
Thanks telling me if some corrections are needed.

Cric

Thanks @Cric for the guide and @Leesureone for the EFI files. I'm looking at Catalina desktop right now :) .

So to get it to work I followed the steps but additionally I had to copy HFSplus.efi to drivers/UEFI to make the installer partition visible in clover. Maybe this could be added to your package for other people.

Only thing to do now is to install clover to the disk and copy over the EFI folder. Can I just run the package or do I have to create an additional partition on my drive first with diskutil?

Thanks @Cric for the guide and @Leesureone for the EFI files. I'm looking at Catalina desktop right now :) .

So to get it to work I followed the steps but additionally I had to copy HFSplus.efi to drivers/UEFI to make the installer partition visible in clover. Maybe this could be added to your package for other people.

Only thing to do now is to install clover to the disk and copy over the EFI folder. Can I just run the package or do I have to create an additional partition on my drive first with diskutil?
I've added HFSplus.efi to the EFI Folder in post 430 which should help. You may not even need to install clover, just mount the EFI partition that is already there, delete the EFI Folder and then copy over yours from the USB drive. If for some odd reason that doesn't work you can install Clover without needing to modify the hard drive partitions

I've added HFSplus.efi to the EFI Folder in post 430 which should help. You may not even need to install clover, just mount the EFI partition that is already there, delete the EFI Folder and then copy over yours from the USB drive. If for some odd reason that doesn't work you can install Clover without needing to modify the hard drive partitions
I tried without installing clover but directly copying your EFI folder to the partition but it would not boot then, so I think installing is needed.
Unfortunately TB3 is not working. My UAD apollo twin X is not recognized. I tried to connect before boot but it is not detected. Also hot swapping does not have any effect. System does not crash, just nothing happens.
So it was a nice challenge to get it going :) but I have to buy a mac mini to get my interface working as my mbp does not have the juice anymore to work nicely with it.
I installed windows 10 to the NUC and there TB3 is working perfectly and recognizing my Apollo so it's not a controller thing I think.

I tried without installing clover but directly copying your EFI folder to the partition but it would not boot then, so I think installing is needed.
Unfortunately TB3 is not working. My UAD apollo twin X is not recognized. I tried to connect before boot but it is not detected. Also hot swapping does not have any effect. System does not crash, just nothing happens.
So it was a nice challenge to get it going :) but I have to buy a mac mini to get my interface working as my mbp does not have the juice anymore to work nicely with it.
I installed windows 10 to the NUC and there TB3 is working perfectly and recognizing my Apollo so it's not a controller thing I think.
For thunderbolt to work go back into your bios settings and enable TB Legacy mode. Have whatever device plugged in at boot.

Is there a way to make the microSD drive to work (doesn't recognize my microSD card)?

Is there a way to make the microSD drive to work (doesn't recognize my microSD card)?
Hi Cric, there is a kext you can add to EFI\Clover\Kext\others that reportedly works. It doesn't correct the status bar readings but apparently allows you to read and write to the card. Here is a link to where you can download it and read a little more if you like. #1,243

If that doesn't work reliably you can always buy a USB card reader, they are relatively inexpensive, but hopefully the kext works for you.

I managed to get the install_osx visible in clover.

This is how I fixed it. The file HFSplus.efi was missing from the Leesureone and the clover install EFI folder.

It's a bit confusing because it is supposed to be in the folder drivers64UEFI, but that does not exist anymore in new clover builds. This is how it is managed now:
  • drivers64UEFI -> drivers/UEFI
  • drivers64 -> drivers/BIOS
So I downloaded HFSplus.efi and put it in drivers/UEFI and now I can see the disks in clover and the install option. I try to install it later.

So my USB stick was properly setup after all with the terminal commands just some driver missing from the EFI.zip in this post and the clover install.

Thank you very much!
I got the same problem and I just can't figure it out. I'm gonna try this!!

Edit:
It all works now and I'm running Catalina. Cheers!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back